Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

:rules: :rules: :rules: :rules: <--- That's one of many things that are getting boring about you :slap:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Bomber
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Bomber »

mushroom wrote:
This all sounds very Kevin Heaney/Peter Ridsdale esque when they tried to buy Argyle under the guise of Bishop International.

Heaney was going to underwrite the losses and sell Argyle to Ridsdale for £1 with Ridsdale becoming Chairman.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Yells - you are not 'Wild Bill' by any chance are you??

He was always very good at spending other people's money!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Yells wrote:

Scot I would expect that sort of reply from someone who is unaware of the position and unable to grasp what should have been done on handover. The only thing I can agree with is getting the Win tonight. Meanwhile
:rules: :rules: :rules: Get a Grip!

The only reason why you disagree with the way the club was handled when it was taken over is because it meant that it wasn't losing money any more - or certainly not the the extent that it was, and therefore makes your job, and the other parasites on here, a lot harder.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Scott Brehaut wrote:
The only reason why you disagree with the way the club was handled when it was taken over is because it meant that it wasn't losing money any more - or certainly not the the extent that it was, and therefore makes your job, and the other parasites on here, a lot harder.
It may well be losing less money but it will be at a high restructure cost. For example if you are paying someone 1k a week and then sack him yes you have saved the 1k in the short term but it may well cost you more in compensation at a later date. That is called a Liability!

:rules: :rules: :rules:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Wow!! Thanks for the accounting 101 - not really needed given my background.

It's always easy to sit there and spend other people's money isn't it - after all, I'm sure you've had plenty of experience of sitting around a table and doing just that. It's a wonder that you can sleep at night.

STIP
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Richinns wrote:Yells - you are not 'Wild Bill' by any chance are you??

He was always very good at spending other people's money!
Yells - you are yet to respond to my question?!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Yellows
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellows »

Richinns wrote: Yells - you are yet to respond to my question?!
I assume you mean Bill Philips the answer is no, I don't know George or Mushroom. I do support Torquay United and I have an opinion based on facts that I have and not hearsay. I do support the Board but disagree with a number of statements that has been put out. Given that they had the Club for nothing they need to inject more capital now. We must not get relegated. As I mentioned I am here to keep things honest. Now some may think I have another motive but that is their choice.
Now for 3pts!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I'm willing to bet that you DO know George, you just don't know that you do.

I reckon that you've both held the same position, at different times, and spent time around the same table.

STIP
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Yells wrote: I assume you mean Bill Philips the answer is no, I don't know George or Mushroom. I do support Torquay United and I have an opinion based on facts that I have and not hearsay. I do support the Board but disagree with a number of statements that has been put out. Given that they had the Club for nothing they need to inject more capital now. We must not get relegated. As I mentioned I am here to keep things honest. Now some may think I have another motive but that is their choice.
Now for 3pts!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:

I have to say that I cannot disagree with this.

Like most fans on here I shall remain forever grateful that the new owners answered the call when we were at our lowest ebb. They have also been forced to carry out some very unpopular moves in order to run the club on an even keel. However they have made mistakes and the fact that four of them have left and the very man who put the consortium together has also quit does understandably give cause for concern.

The decision to make employees of the football club redundant was a necessary one no doubt, but it has to be done properly and there is (or was) a suggestion by Dean Edwards himself that this MAY not have been the case- leaving the club facing potentially damaging compensation claims - we know all this stuff because we have been told it.

Now, the way the club is being run is not at all unlike the way it was run for many years under Mike Bateson - in a nutshell we only spend what we earn - but the one thing you could pretty much rely on was that if Bateson ever felt the club was in real danger of dropping out of the League he would bring in experienced firefighters like Warnock, Lee, Atkins etc to pull things around - no doubt at some personal expense to him at the time.

What we don't really know is how much money has actually been invested by the current owners, if indeed any - what we do know however is they all seem to be working extremely hard to turn things around at the football club. What the club really needs though is further investment into the playing budget - whether that comes from the existing owners or others matters not - we know this because Dean Edwards told us so and he, perhaps more than anyone , would know you would think!

Without doubt we are in some danger of losing our place in the National League and the consequences of that don't even bear thinking about so it would be far better all around if we could take preemptive action to avoid that at all costs. If we do go down this season (not saying we will mind) then the whole future of the football club is certainly back in the melting pot and all the hard work put in by the current board will, pretty much, have been for nothing. It's clear that there isn't much money around, but if the current board are serious about keeping us up then they may have to dig deep from their own pockets or at the very least be totally open and honest with the fan base as to what the situation really is, so that everyone can rally around - we don't want to leave things so late that we are either nailed on for relegation or have gone into administration .... it really will be too late by then!

I did get a sense of feeling from the Fans Forum that the consortium weren't ACTIVELY seeking new investment - if this is the case then I think it's a mistake - the fact that Kelvin Thomas didn't manage to secure it earlier in the year shouldn't mean that we should give up all hope of it being out there for ever more. Like Deano says we "desperately need further investment" .....
Georg

Post by Georg »

Last edited by Georg on 13 Oct 2015, 20:40, edited 1 time in total.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Good. Maybe you can head off to their forum now then "George"

STIP
Georg

Post by Georg »

Scott Brehaut wrote:Good. Maybe you can head off to their forum now then "George"
Why are you so adamant that genuine people who still want to invest in torquay united are bad?? The club is losing money hand over fist and badly needs investment to take it forward RIGHT NOW , give the new manager a chance or Otherwise relegation is inevitable!!!!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Come and tell us who you are. Mr Simon Baker ? Mr Bill Phillips ? which one are you, oh just in case you missed it's 1.1 now and we're all over them. :)
Formerly known as forevertufc
Georg

Post by Georg »

The current board need to answer some important questions which has been raised by plenty of people.......

1) What is the long term ''business plan'' and where do they see Torquay united in five years time?

2) How much of a financial burden is five directors resigning placing on the remaining directors?

3) The club are losing money per week with no signs of that changing any time soon. Why are the club not actively seeking investment.

4) What plan is in place if the club be relegated to the conference south - or is just a case of hope and pray it doesnt happen.

5) What is going to be done to improve the clubs public relations. Its horrendous and everyone knows it.

6) When the club desperatelly need money NOW why arent things being done on the marketing and commercial side to explore every avenue of bringing in extra income.

7) Why was Paul cox's job made untenable by certain individuals and why was he replaced by a cheap option in Kev Nicholson and his bezzy mate

8) Its obvious the time is in dire straits. Are the current board in a position to provide the finances to improve it or has KN got to wheel and deal with his hands tied.

9) Its reverberated on the circle that some players who are house sharing are having to share a bunk bed because finance isnt there for a two bedroom place. GROWN MEN!!! Does this not embarrasss you.

10) Have you paid the rent this month?