Cox Resigns

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Staggering that a 36 page thread is about an ex manager that jumped ship after 10 games. can someone just lock it. I would rather discuss the Nicholson appointment and the encouraging displays currently played. As for the trolls, just don't take the bait. But I much congratulate the Cox and Phillips family on making this a very long thread lol
Lucy
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

forevertufc wrote:Have I fallen asleep and woken up in some parallel universe, someone please bang me backwards with a pole covered in razor wire just prove I'm still on planet earth. By the way you appear to have successfully answered your own question..

Lets try to help you out here. Yesterday you responded to a post I made in jest suggesting a connection with Norman Smurthwaite and Port Vale, which I wish to take no credit for, just following up on something that had been suggested by a number of other people.

You (mushroom) responded by saying and I quote.

"Well he or any of his people were not involved in our consortium THIS IS FACT
And looking at what a complete mess he has made of Port Vale you would not want that scenario here would you"
THIS IS SARCASM
You (mushroom) responded to a direct question from Mr Merson, I quote.

I have today spoken to Smurthwaite and he advised as follows

He was the money behind a group wishing to buy Club
As the owner of PVFC he personally could not own any shares but consulted The FL of his intentions and putting initially 1M in to fund Club
There were some conditions
All existing Management be severanced off
New Board be appointed
Micky Adams be appointed as Manager
Academy to be retained
The council agree that the Frehold be purchased at same time as Club
Although the Council would consider TUST would not revoke their application to place stadium as a community asset so time scales would be months not weeks which Phillips could not wait to be resolved
When DE bid became a reality Smurthwaite withdrew his interest although he has dialogue with Board mainly about Loan options and advice if needed
He wants to see Club back in LG2 and reinstate its Academy
He had no contact or dealings with Cox until loan was done for Nathan Smith
So to be clear there is no intention by him to be involved in Club sadly now or in the future

I said to today to George are you going to deny being either one of Simon Baker or Bill Phillips, like Mushroom denied Smurthwaite, you (mushroom) then said, I quote.

When did l deny anything about Smurthwaite

I showed you exactly where you denied Smurthwaite, and now you want to know what my point is, haven't got one to be honest. But I wasn't expected you, to lead yourself right up the garden path, you did that all on your own.
Smurthwaite has just stated on Twitter the position
If you take the trouble to research him you will find he would of been the best option for our Club and the 2nd best would have been the investor funding our consortium
But no we should bury our head in the sand discussing our relegation chances but in reality we will be luck to get past end of October
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

Well at least show the link
Lucy
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

lucy6lucy wrote:Well at least show the link
https://x.com/smurfpvfc
Unless the sweetie jar tweet is a cryptic comment I can't see anything there about us...
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
mushroom

Post by mushroom »

PhilGull wrote: https://x.com/smurfpvfc
Unless the sweetie jar tweet is a cryptic comment I can't see anything there about us...

Not sure how to do that but l have copied it Norman Smurthwaite ‏@smurfpvfc 1h1 hour ago

@ANDYPVFC I had some interest in supporting a consortium financially but new owners in there now so interest ended
View conversation
0 retweets 2 favorites
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by lucy6lucy »

https://mobile.x.com/smurfpvfc

Only that. But who cares. We have to look forward and support our club and board.
Lucy
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Kernowgull »

PhilGull wrote: https://x.com/smurfpvfc
https://mobile.x.com/smurfpvfc/status/6 ... 1913744385

If you click on the bottom link in this link, there is a question about Torquay. This link is his response to it (hope it works, I'm doing this on my phone)
S4fedr1ve
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Andy Donnelly

Post by S4fedr1ve »

Hi Guys

Im fairly new on here although a supporter for 45 years. I guess like most other people on here I love the club but am party to very little that goes on behind the scenes. I would imagine this is the same for supporters at most clubs of any sport.

So what happened behind the scenes this summer I have little knowledge of but the consortium in charge at the moment were the ones chosen rightly or wrongly to take charge and I for one will give them my full backing as a true supporter. Maybe we will be gone in a month I have absolutely no idea but I do know there is diddly squat I can do about it.

As Henry Ford once said "history is bunk"

So can't we just support the club and look forward.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

mushroom wrote: But no we should bury our head in the sand discussing our relegation chances but in reality we will be luck to get past end of October
Sorry Hugh, but this is bollocks and shit stirring of the highest order.

Either prove this statement with cold, hard facts or at least state that this is simply your, incredibly misinformed, opinion and that you are merely trying to shit stir.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Georg

Post by Georg »

The budget is already over 600k and weve not even got halfway through the season. I know this to be true and two seprate people have confirmed it. As a minimum attendances are going to have to average 2000 for the club to come close to breaking even. Realistically the only other big cash boost is going to be a player sale for a five figure fee , hardly likely, or a run in the fa cup and getting a televised tie. The basingstoke united game is bigger than most people realise as the club needs financial luck because the board have rejected possible investment already since they took over
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Bill, you've already told us your mate isn't going to invest now, so why do you care.

STIP
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

You over analysing and stating the obvious. obvious from the very outset that everything was going to be tight , going to be touch and go , going need the little extra boost in revenue if we can get it. Go back climb in your hole
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

George wrote:The budget is already over 600k and weve not even got halfway through the season. I know this to be true and two seprate people have confirmed it. As a minimum attendances are going to have to average 2000 for the club to come close to breaking even. Realistically the only other big cash boost is going to be a player sale for a five figure fee , hardly likely, or a run in the fa cup and getting a televised tie. The basingstoke united game is bigger than most people realise as the club needs financial luck because the board have rejected possible investment already since they took over
So you are on the board? Or work for the club? Or you're just guessing based on what someone who knows someone said they saw in the books six months ago when an entirely different group of people were running a vastly different company?
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
Georg

Post by Georg »

westyorkshiregull wrote:You over analysing and stating the obvious. obvious from the very outset that everything was going to be tight , going to be touch and go , going need the little extra boost in revenue if we can get it. Go back climb in your hole
Things were going to be tight from the outset , yes, but five directors have resigned and the club is losing money and heading towards dire straights. Someone has to do something soon
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

So, few facts, lots of guessing.

Next.

STIP