Braintree v Torquay United

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Marsh back next week . Could his return, alongside Wright, make a positive difference?
Totnes_Yellow
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Totnes_Yellow »

A huge point all things considered. Braintree fans are gutted for not getting 3 points, so that says a lot. Something to build on though..maybe just maybe this result could be worth far more by the end of the season..onwards and upwards.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

A point, a clean sheet and no cheep goals given away. Something to crow about, at last.

Finch is available next week. So keep your pecker up.
TUST member 200 ;-)
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Pleased to see Dan Lavercombe in the team of he day in the NLP.
Keeping a clean sheet and being recognised for putting in a good performance will have done his confidence the world of good.
Well done Dan.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

That's good.
Apart from totally missing a cross early on I thought he did very well.
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

Shame I have to say it but this was th :) e worst football match I have been to all season I know the pitch was terrible and this did not help but we created nothing absolutely nothing in the game it seemed to me that Nico was desperate to get a point that his team were not interested in trying to win the game we had Briscoe and Carmichael on the bench why when we were not creating in midfield did we not put one or both on to see if we could create something Carmichael has been back 2 weeks now and played well in last weeks friendly but I am worried that he could go back to bmth if not getting game time and he's done ok for us
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

On the subject of Sean Finch, I've no doubt the club have signed him on some sort of non-contract terms, I know and fully understand where the club is right now. One concern here apparently Finch wasn't available for the Braintree game yet turned out for Watcombe yesterday.

How can we be running a serious full time professional outfit yet have players turning out in the S-D-L, makes me wonder whether he has signed or not, if so and Finch is the victim of an industrial tackle from one of the old cloggers who play at that level, who picks up the tab for his treatment.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

forevertufc wrote:On the subject of Sean Finch, I've no doubt the club have signed him on some sort of non-contract terms, I know and fully understand where the club is right now. One concern here apparently Finch wasn't available for the Braintree game yet turned out for Watcombe yesterday.
How can we be running a serious full time professional outfit yet have players turning out in the S-D-L, makes me wonder whether he has signed or not, if so and Finch is the victim of an industrial tackle from one of the old cloggers who play at that level, who picks up the tab for his treatment?

Have a guess... :)
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

i was always under the impression that once a player is signed he CANNOT play for anyone else especially in the south devon league. so you would presume he hasnt signed.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

You can have duel registrations at non-league level, I believe . It is on the facebook page of our c.e.o that Finch has signed, I can't link it, this is why I ask these questions, in the hope of an official answer.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:You can have duel registrations at non-league level, I believe . It is on the facebook page of our c.e.o that Finch has signed, I can't link it, this is why I ask these questions, in the hope of an official answer.
He must be non-contract we can bring him in if needed, provided his Saturday club ok it. If on contract there would be a problem.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Braintree, perhaps this is what we have to get used to. Awful ground with random sheds dotted around, pitch which made Seale Haynes resemble the Atacama Desert, so much sand on it I thought they were making us feel at home. A complete dump of a ground in a pretty dodgy area where the houses have no roofs. Think the corner count was 10-1 to Braintree. Never thought I could get so worked up about the Gulls getting a corner. Was able to walk to the opposite end of the ground at half time to remain behind the opposition goal. Only trouble with that was that 90% of the game was played over 55 yards away. Anyhow, got a draw with good blocks, bit of luck (with them hitting inside of post) and a reasonable work rate - but it is all bit of a struggle. Their programme shop was one of the best I have ever visited.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Excellent programme shop but they didn't sell yesterday's programme which had sold out when I arrived at 2.45.