Kids for Free. The Economic Argument

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Kids for Free. The Economic Argument

Post by portugull »

The gate for the Lincoln City match was from memory 1,762. Kids got in free with a paying adult.

On Saturday the gate was 1,512 a drop of 250 (14%). So my question for the Board is very simple. Does it make economic sense for Kids to get in Free at every home game if we attract a higher gate by marketing the game with this benefit. Kids win, Dad wins and the Club wins. I do mean financially as I have not seen my team win since August!

Could we please hear from the CEO if the Club has actually worked out what is best financially. I remember the Board saying that they would communicate with the fans better in future so here is an opportunity.

Even an extra 100 Mums or Dads attending adds £2,000 to the gate. Am I missing something?

RichyMills
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: the 12th man

Post by RichyMills »

portugull wrote:The gate for the Lincoln City match was from memory 1,762. Kids got in free with a paying adult.

On Saturday the gate was 1,512 a drop of 250 (14%). So my question for the Board is very simple. Does it make economic sense for Kids to get in Free at every home game if we attract a higher gate by marketing the game with this benefit. Kids win, Dad wins and the Club wins. I do mean financially as I have not seen my team win since August!

Could we please hear from the CEO if the Club has actually worked out what is best financially. I remember the Board saying that they would communicate with the fans better in future so here is an opportunity.

Even an extra 100 Mums or Dads attending adds £2,000 to the gate. Am I missing something?

but if that 250 extra heads through the gate was just the free kids?

Looks like the loss leader didn't really boost the next Saturday home gate so maybe it makes more sense to just charge everyone? difficult to say. hopefully the club have someone analysing who comes through the gates (do they publish the makeup of their crowds?)
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Richy in simplistic terms if 250 adults paid £20 each to bring a son or daughter in Free the club gains £5,000.

I do not know how the club record the kids in the attendance figures.

Remember a Kid only gets in for Free if with an adult so I do not think I follow your point"that 250 extra heads through the gate were just the free kids"
taxilady
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Micky Cave RIP
Watches from: Pop side

Post by taxilady »

I think the attendance is everybody, including stewards, first aid people; everyone coming in gets a ticket; so, theoretically the 250 could be the free kids.
We'll Be Back ! TTID

TUST share number 066
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Thank you taxilady. It seems very strange to me if the Stewards are deemed to be part of the attendance.

Does anyone know for certain how the attendance figures are calculated?
A Candy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by A Candy »

It is calculated as Taxilady indicates and is a requirement of the Safety Advisory Group that everyone in the ground (for whatever reason) is included in the calculation. The reason is that the Club does not exceed capacity ( not much chance at the moment) and that there is a record of all people in the ground should there be a need for an evacuation. Lists are held of people in the ground who do not come through the turnstile i.e stewards, corporate hospitality, volunteer groundstaff etc. Hope this helps.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by portugull »

Thank you Andrew for clarifying this point.

So the drop of 250 last Saturday could be 125 kids and 125 adults who accompanied the kids.

I know this is too simplistic because it is much more complicated than this.

How about this suggestion. During January, Feb and March choose 1 match per month were Kids are Free. After 3 months the Board would know for sure the financial benefits or otherwise.

Kids are the seed corn of the future.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote: How about this suggestion. During January, Feb and March choose 1 match per month were Kids are Free. After 3 months the Board would know for sure the financial benefits or otherwise. Kids are the seed corn of the future.
I think that's a very good idea ..... or even the old Kids for a Quid. I mean the old initiative - not old kids !! :-/