Nicholson NOT Out

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
hector
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: jim mcnichol

Post by hector »

It may well be that the club cannot afford to sack the manager but it does not change the fact that he should never have been appointed. The board have made decision bordering on the ludicrous.

Sacking a manager, having to pay him while he tends his roses and then offer a severance deal and then ultimately appointing someone even worse. You couldn't make that up.

Gates are dropping (and I am one of those who is currently refusing to throw good money after bad) and even changing the day and reducing the price by £6 sees hundreds drop from the gate and that financial hit of reduced income, plus the disaster that regional football (probably part-time) will bring, means the club cannot afford to sleepwalk to oblivion.

The current board wanted the applause and pats on the back when they 'saved' the club in the summer, yet won't face up to THEIR decisions that are dragging the club downwards.
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

The only way out of this mess is for a larger than life manager to come in who doesn't want paying and who has loads of contacts to bring in at least 6 new players.
Our players do not have the ability to raise there game, so right now it doesnt matter if its Nico or Alex Ferguson whose in charge.

Its currently a crock of S!"T and I would rather go and watch Sunday league football until somebody grabs hold of this Club and starts to take things forward. I cannot accept these pathetic gutless performances.
Clive Bissel
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clive Bissel »

It's a pity football doesn't have a ombudsman we can report the board,manager and team for misuse and abuse of representing a football club .
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Clive Bissel wrote:Can we afford to keep him is more the question to some of the fools on here questioning sacking him!

How's it his fault - how long have you got ...,
The real fools are the ones who think replacing the manager every few months is the answer. Put your money up to fund it and then see who the fool is.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Clive Bissel
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clive Bissel »

The trick SG my friend is Not Appointing a Novice Manager in the first place to fire fight .

Then the trick again my friend is not to employ Another Novice Manager when the fire is spreading

Not rocket science
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

hector wrote:It may well be that the club cannot afford to sack the manager but it does not change the fact that he should never have been appointed. The board have made decision bordering on the ludicrous.

Sacking a manager, having to pay him while he tends his roses and then offer a severance deal and then ultimately appointing someone even worse. You couldn't make that up.

Gates are dropping (and I am one of those who is currently refusing to throw good money after bad) and even changing the day and reducing the price by £6 sees hundreds drop from the gate and that financial hit of reduced income, plus the disaster that regional football (probably part-time) will bring, means the club cannot afford to sleepwalk to oblivion.

The current board wanted the applause and pats on the back when they 'saved' the club in the summer, yet won't face up to THEIR decisions that are dragging the club downwards.

I wouldn't disagree with you but the point is we're where we are now regardless, how we move forward is purely dependent on finances. Stupid talk of boycotting games is really going to help. You have to question the motives or even intelligence of people suggesting such a thing.

For those who question why Nicholson was given the job perhaps you should ask a certain board member who posts on here as she was the one who clamoured for his appointment.
Dave

Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Unfortunately this manager has by a long way the worst results record since the century changed and the case for change is therefore very considerably greater.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I'm not your friend and it isn't rocket science to realise boycotting games just plays into the hands of unscrupulous people looking to pick the bones of a doomed football club.
Dave

davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

When you have been in the game long enough you will understand how it works, quick example Alloa manager resigns and the manager less team gets a WIN, only their second in 17 games http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... a-athletic WHY?

Sometimes the manager exerts a negative pressure to the team and when he goes they play more positively, when new managers come in the players react to a different approach which is refreshing and positive, remember players are the same as everyone else, its like a new job, enthusiastic on your first day and by the end of the month its like any other job! Don't be naïve and think footballers wake up and feel they are blessed, its a job that comes with its own challenges and pressures just like any other, players are human just like us all, that why you need to get into their heads and find out what individually and collectively makes them motivated to exceed their performance levels.

1. Assess you teams strengths and weaknesses
2. Play a system that provides defensive stability, but with offensive capabilities, with the teams strengths in mind
3. If their are fundamental weaknesses that inhibit performance, focus on what will provide you with the greatest return
4. If you are offensively weak, or are set up to be defensive tight, spend as much time on set pieces as possible they will WIN you games the stats prove it, be creative and out-think your opposition.
5. Analyse where and when you lose goals and if their are trends identify what may be effecting poor judgement and mistakes at these times?
6. Preparation is key to everything, Sam Allardyce you quoted leaves no stone un-turned, nutrition key to high levels of energy, get it right and you will finish strong get it wrong you will lose energy and concentration. Strength and Conditioning you need to be strong, fast and agile in the modern game. Psychology, its under-estimated who high a factor this is in the modern game, mentally well prepared confident players perform at a high level, they deal with adversity better.
7. Make training harder than matches, everything has to be done at a high intensity, train longer than 90 minutes for at least 3 days a week, each afternoon have the players back for analytics, set pieces, get to know who your playing, who they play, what system they play, where are they strong and weak and adapt your game plan and system to reflect this.
8. Lead your team by example, set standards and collectively get them to accept responsibility for team performances, no excuses, you win and if you don't, you win next week, if you get beat there are consequences, rewards for winning ! They will get the picture quite quick! Behaviour breeds Behaviour, good habits, good habits and good habits, do not accept a drop in standards as it lets you and the team down!!!

forevertufc wrote:Heard something said by the commentators today which I've heard many times before re; other managers, you can't blame Nicho they said, he didn't sign these players, he hasn't got his own squad, what utter and complete ballhocks.

Dino Maamria apparently applied for the TUFC job, wasn't even interviewed according to a poster on another site who's normally on the money. The same Dino Maamria eventually got the Southport job, 3 games in 2 wins, draw 9points, with a squad he didn't sign, none of his players.

How many times has Martin Allen gone into a struggling club and taken on someone else's squad and been successful, same as the likes of Big
Sam Allardyce and others, your either a football manager or your not.

I fully understand the points made by SG, and the club has my full support, I will go to all the home games I can. But my patience is wearing very thin indeed.
Clive Bissel
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clive Bissel »

The boycotting suggestion was a tongue in cheek through away comment to try and get the board to wake up .

Clapping the players off week in week out as we fall out of the depths of the football world is questionable with regards to intelligence to say the least as is blindfolded and blinkered loyalty
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

PhilGull wrote: But who are you picking instead? I keep hearing that he should drop himself but he has been far from our worst player this season and no-one has suggested who on the fringes deserves a start ahead of him.

Your right Kevins game is better now than when Knill was here as he's lost weight and is fitter. The problem is the decision making team selections and substitutions. Barry Hayles had a very vibrant dugout and they made the decisions whilst he was on the pitch.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Clive Bissel wrote:The boycotting suggestion was a tongue in cheek through away comment to try and get the board to wake up .

Clapping the players off week in week out as we fall out of the depths of the football world is questionable with regards to intelligence to say the least as is blindfolded and blinkered loyalty
Pointing out the obvious isn't being blindfolded or loyal, it's pointing out the obvious. Suggesting a boycott is lunacy and it was hardly tongue in cheek.
Dave

Clive Bissel
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Clive Bissel »

The boycotting has already begun hence the gates reducing like wild fire so maybe you're right re being a tongue in cheek remark.

Looks like the lunacy is spreading then ....
absolutely3rdrate
New Signing
New Signing

Post by absolutely3rdrate »

I couldn't get there today and boy am I glad. By all accounts it was dire and we are now at our lowest ebb. It's clear to me that appointing Nicholson was a huge mistake. I've got nothing against him personally (never met him) but we desperately need an experienced manager. I can't see us avoiding relegation with him in charge, and if we do go down I fear for the clubs future.
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

davidcaldwell123 wrote:When you have been in the game long enough you will understand how it works, quick example Alloa manager resigns and the manager less team gets a WIN, only their second in 17 games http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/tea ... a-athletic WHY?

Sometimes the manager exerts a negative pressure to the team and when he goes they play more positively, when new managers come in the players react to a different approach which is refreshing and positive, remember players are the same as everyone else, its like a new job, enthusiastic on your first day and by the end of the month its like any other job! Don't be naïve and think footballers wake up and feel they are blessed, its a job that comes with its own challenges and pressures just like any other, players are human just like us all, that why you need to get into their heads and find out what individually and collectively makes them motivated to exceed their performance levels.

1. Assess you teams strengths and weaknesses
2. Play a system that provides defensive stability, but with offensive capabilities, with the teams strengths in mind
3. If their are fundamental weaknesses that inhibit performance, focus on what will provide you with the greatest return
4. If you are offensively weak, or are set up to be defensive tight, spend as much time on set pieces as possible they will WIN you games the stats prove it, be creative and out-think your opposition.
5. Analyse where and when you lose goals and if their are trends identify what may be effecting poor judgement and mistakes at these times?
6. Preparation is key to everything, Sam Allardyce you quoted leaves no stone un-turned, nutrition key to high levels of energy, get it right and you will finish strong get it wrong you will lose energy and concentration. Strength and Conditioning you need to be strong, fast and agile in the modern game. Psychology, its under-estimated who high a factor this is in the modern game, mentally well prepared confident players perform at a high level, they deal with adversity better.
7. Make training harder than matches, everything has to be done at a high intensity, train longer than 90 minutes for at least 3 days a week, each afternoon have the players back for analytics, set pieces, get to know who your playing, who they play, what system they play, where are they strong and weak and adapt your game plan and system to reflect this.
8. Lead your team by example, set standards and collectively get them to accept responsibility for team performances, no excuses, you win and if you don't, you win next week, if you get beat there are consequences, rewards for winning ! They will get the picture quite quick! Behaviour breeds Behaviour, good habits, good habits and good habits, do not accept a drop in standards as it lets you and the team down!!!

:goodpost:
Don't fancy a new job do you? :clap:
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084