Injury News

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Injury News

Post by Richinns »

Fatty Fairhurst out for another month (the battle between he and Shaun Cooper for the 'money for nothing' award would be a tight one).

We also have no recognised right back as Berry is out for 'several weeks' (will be interesting to see how we plug that gap!)

In central midfield Richards is now also out for several weeks although hopefully Carmicheal (best midfielder I have seen in this piss poor team this year) will be fit soon and Fenwick might also be back.

Oh - and Geohaghon is still weeks away from being fit although nobody gives a sh1t about this!

Added in 4 minutes 41 seconds:
Just add the link (before Bixie explodes!) - http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 52359.aspx
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I wonder how much quicker some of those who have been injured for a while (with the exception of Young) would recover from their injuries if we decided to stop paying them....

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Only 3 fit defenders for tonights game.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Tonight isn't my personal concern. Playing FGR x2 and Cheltenham away, now that could be a different story :'(
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Tonight for a one off Verma could slot in at fullback he showed he had a football brain on Saturday by protecting our centre half and Charmicheale play midfield if he's registered just a thought.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

Congratulations where it's due. The website suddenly is being proactive- the injury news may not be good news but a lively website certainly would be.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

arcadia wrote:Tonight for a one off Verma could slot in at fullback he showed he had a football brain on Saturday by protecting our centre half and Charmicheale play midfield if he's registered just a thought.
Damn. Knew I had something I needed to do today ....
TUST member 200 ;-)
Alley
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Alley »

I have to agree with Richinns that Carmichael is the best midfielder when fit at the club but I have to say when you say a piss poor team I don't think that can be said because Smith Marsh Butler and macdonald and Richards have all performed well in games but unfortunately Carmichael goes back off loan in January so if he is fit why is he not playing we got a result tonite however we need a stronger team in the next few games IMO but we need to keep supporting the team and manager as we are Torquay Supporters COYY
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Anyone know how these injuries were caused?

Could they possibly be caused by training on 3G pitches?
PhilGull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by PhilGull »

RussianGull wrote:Anyone know how these injuries were caused?

Could they possibly be caused by training on 3G pitches?
I doubt it. If "3G" pitches were actually dangerous no-one would use them - as it is, many teams in many sports in many parts of the world use them, even teams who win things and stuff!

Besides Gareth Law do we have any medical professionals working with the club? From memory we used to have a local GP sat on the board back in the day who used to offer his services FOC.
I've seen on Twitter that a few players are working with a local personal trainer? Anyone know anything about this? Is he employed by the club as a fitness trainer or are players going to him off their own bat? Does he have any experience with professional sports people? It strikes me there is a big difference between Joe Bloggs off the street wanting to 'get buff' and preofessional sports fitness.
Gary Johnson's Yellow Army! Yellow Army! Yellow Army!

Your trust needs YOU!
TUST number 084
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

PhilGull wrote: I doubt it. If "3G" pitches were actually dangerous no-one would use them - as it is, many teams in many sports in many parts of the world use them, even teams who win things and stuff!

Besides Gareth Law do we have any medical professionals working with the club? From memory we used to have a local GP sat on the board back in the day who used to offer his services FOC.
I've seen on Twitter that a few players are working with a local personal trainer? Anyone know anything about this? Is he employed by the club as a fitness trainer or are players going to him off their own bat? Does he have any experience with professional sports people? It strikes me there is a big difference between Joe Bloggs off the street wanting to 'get buff' and preofessional sports fitness.
I've played on 3G pitches, the same as they'll be training on now at the Academy, they're no replacement for turf and we've seen some really nasty injuries from them. You're right though if it was going to cause injuries then Gareth Law would've pointed that out, I hope.

Regarding the personal trainer, it's probably Danny Stevens!
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Pleased to read that some playerss are developing their own personal fitness programmes. They each have different development needs. Shepherd for example who was playing for Banbury in the dreaded Southern League last season is a fast reasonably skilful player who is dispossessed too easily at our level of football. He needs to improve his upper body strength so that he can retain the ball because if you ain't got the ball you can do f**k all with it!
Ben Gerring was/is doing a distance learning sports science degree so no doubt he can share his knowledge with his team mates as well. Diet is also important to maintain energy levels throughout the game and a stronger fitter team can sometimes overcome a more technically gifted football team. If each player improves their own physical condition then the team becomes much stronger as well.
I know that KN is a disciple of fitness and diet which is why he can still play 90 minutes twice a week if required. Hopefully his approach will help all our players to improve their own fitness and game
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

What injury has Fairhurst got now. Pretty impressive as he hasn't played at all and just right for a nice break over Xmas and the new year. As someone else said, its a complete piss take.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

never mind we can sign a few more players from the south devon league and pay them £100 a week.