New training ground and youth set up link with Torquay Academy

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

portugull wrote:I lived for many years overlooking Audley Park School now the Torquay Academy. The location just 5 minutes drive from Plainmoor is perfect.

The facilities sound first class and should make a massive contribution to helping Kevin Nicholson get the players training effectively.

Well done to all concerned this sounds like a very positive move in the right direction.
5 minutes drive! Make them run to and from the training ground. Do them good! ;-)
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

It feels like good news week
The new link road is open making it far easier for fans from Newton Abbot and beyond to get to the ground.
We have overcome difficult opposition in Chesham to progress in the FAT
We have a local community based training facility
All we need now is for the fans to put a smile on their faces and come to Plainmoor and enjoy the overall experience of attending a football match. Football isn't all Robbie "simple" Savage and co sound bites and winning isn't everything. It is about enjoying the banter and being proud of your team putting up a good performance that doesn't embarrass you.
We are were we are for whatever reason. Let's be grateful that we are still at this level and the only way to move up is to give the Club our full support at this difficult time.
hustgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by hustgull »

stefano wrote: 5 minutes drive! Make them run to and from the training ground. Do them good! ;-)

You can genuinely see Plainmoor/the LWS up on the hill from the entrance of Torquay Academy!
stefano
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Don Mills

Post by stefano »

hustgull wrote:
You can genuinely see Plainmoor/the LWS up on the hill from the entrance of Torquay Academy!
Yes! I went to school next door to Plainmoor (when the Beatles song "When I'm 64" did genuinely seem a long way away - now it's February!) and played football against Audley Park, and we certainly didn't drive to the away games!

That run back to Plainmoor up Westhill Road after training would certainly sort the men from the boys - and if they didn't look so knackered in games we might actually see them play with a smile on their faces as our PM KN wants instead of looking as though they are hating every minute! ;-)
barrytw
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Rodney Jack

Post by barrytw »

I see that the Argyle Res. game at Seale Hayne tomorrow has been cancelled.
On the Peninsula League website it states that the ground is in a bad way.
Did TUAFC get out at the right time?
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I cannot for the life of me understand why so many people are upset about Seale Hayne. Anyone who had seen the shambolic accommodation and the state of the pitches in each midseason and understood how much it was costing would know that it was a millstone around the Club's neck. Once the youth setup went there was no money to keep feeing in and so this new arrangement is, on the face of it, much more sesible. Well done to the Board.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

They have grass pitches and an astroturf facility on site, so sounds good for wet or dry weather use. What happens though if the Academy decide they no longer want us to use the facility? Does anybody know if there is a 'signed' agreement (aka a specified contract involving terms and conditions) or are we on another 'gentlemens' agreement?
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

Yellow-Collins wrote:They have grass pitches and an astroturf facility on site, so sounds good for wet or dry weather use. What happens though if the Academy decide they no longer want us to use the facility? Does anybody know if there is a 'signed' agreement (aka a specified contract involving terms and conditions) or are we on another 'gentlemens' agreement?
I highly doubt it'll be a gentleman's agreement. The fact that Seale Hayne was run off such an agreement is one of the very few things the board have told us about the behind the scenes problems with the club, they're not going to make that particular mistake again.
Yellow-Collins
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Yellow-Collins »

I like your optimism SeniorDingDong. As if the current board would make mistakes the same as the last regime. Rookie club legend managers :whistle: