A Word of Sympathy for the Current Board.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

I think we are confusing two things. We are entitled to know I think following another bad day what the Board's take is on the football situation and correctly they have said they will comment on this. Board politics is entirely a matter for them. Some of the allegations made in anger about the Board are totally unfair. This Board saved the club which is far more important in the long term than where we finish this season.
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Yes I agree and I think you will find this will happen in due course, its called a board room struggle, its been happening for years and is nothing new, I have seen fights in hospitality with directors, takeovers where directors walked in on the day of the game and announced they taken over?
Bleeper wrote: This current board said at the fans forum they were open and transparent about the club. Now is the exact time and place that this needs to be true. Even if the statement has been made by an unknown poster on a different forum, the allegations mentioned need answering
Added in 1 minute 21 seconds:
:goodpost:
Dazza wrote:I think we are confusing two things. We are entitled to know I think following another bad day what the Board's take is on the football situation and correctly they have said they will comment on this. Board politics is entirely a matter for them. Some of the allegations made in anger about the Board are totally unfair. This Board saved the club which is far more important in the long term than where we finish this season.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

For goodness sake let's have an official statement on the OS to put an end to all this speculation. We want an honest assessment of the current situation.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Dazza wrote: Board politics is entirely a matter for them. Some of the allegations made in anger about the Board are totally unfair. This Board saved the club which is far more important in the long term than where we finish this season.
Perhaps, but given that TWO of those very same Board members who "saved the club" are behind this statement ... surely gives some cause for concern? I am grateful to "the Board" for stepping in when they did but I am no more grateful to any one individual or individuals over any other - to me at least the Roberts played just as much a part of it as any others - what we don't know is WHY they left? What were the reasons behind it, what is " their side of the story"? We should, and must, at least ask questions of the current Board - to just rollover and accept EVERYTHING they say is just not acceptable for any of us that have the club in our best interests. There were plenty of people who thought Chris Roberts was our "saviour" a few years back ..... likewise, we should not forget that this consortium was "put together" by Dean Edwards ....I think I'll leave I there!
Last edited by CP Gull on 19 Dec 2015, 21:12, edited 1 time in total.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I totally agree with you CP.

The Board have a lot to consider on all fronts. I hope they do not overlook the need for transparency.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Board meeting called for next week. Hopefully the outcome is the same as the one the Chelsea board had this week.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

I don't agree CP. Having an inquest on the Board composition wouldnt be my priority. If these people are multi millionaires they can bid for the club in a normal way. However that didn't appear to be the case in the summer as no one then claimed to have a lot of money to input. So unless it has changed I don't see how all this can be particularly helpful. My priority would be finding the quickest way we can to having a team with a lot more grit and a little bit more self belief.
tufc4ever911
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Christian Hargreaves

Post by tufc4ever911 »

WITHOUT PREJUDICE

Good evening to you all

I have been following these posts this evening and felt it was imperative to reply as it has been highlighted, by many of you above, that myself (Keira Roberts) and my husband (Shaun Roberts) were Directors of Torquay United afc!

As some of you have suggested we were never able to share with you 'the fans' why we left the club so early on in the season! After reading some of the comments I feel it is necessary to reply as this is not just boardroom politics but born out of genuine concern for our beloved yellows!!!!

We originally left as it became apparent that the board and certain members of staff were not looking to take the club in the same direction as ourselves. We became Directors to help the club move onwards and upwards and not to line others pockets!

In the same vein that's why we have set up the company Torquay United fans LTD with our associates. We felt it was necessary that our concerns were shared with our fans, as fans ourselves, to help save our club from relegation and possible administration!

I do hope the current board will now be more transparent and answer questions from you, the fans!

We both have found the last few months extremely difficult to deal with and have been unable to return to our hallowed ground to watch our beloved yellows!

Many thanks for your time COYY x
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Well those of you who were sceptical about the previous statement this sets it in concrete.
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

Dazza wrote:I don't agree CP. Having an inquest on the Board composition wouldnt be my priority. If these people are multi millionaires they can bid for the club in a normal way. However that didn't appear to be the case in the summer as no one then claimed to have a lot of money to input. So unless it has changed I don't see how all this can be particularly helpful. My priority would be finding the quickest way we can to having a team with a lot more grit and a little bit more self belief.
Like you, I don't know what is true and what isn't - but we cannot make assumptions just because that suits our argument? Does the club need investment? Well, yes, I think that is fairly obvious, isn't it? Based purely on all the facts we have available ... players not being paid a "living" wage, players being signed from the SDL, players having to drive themselves to matches ? Need I say more?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

Agreed.

Appreciate you coming on and making your post Keira.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

So apart from having a without prejudice swing at people who probably can't answer you back publicly how does that help. ? Does it take us any points closer to Welling, Altringham and Southport. ?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Bleeper wrote:Well those of you who were sceptical about the previous statement this sets it in concrete.
Apologies for quoting you directly, but have disagree, while I thank Keira Roberts for taking the time to make her post, that doesn't set out anything in concrete, I'm not here to take sides, like everyone else want the club to succeed.

But there's no hard evidence in the post of Mrs Roberts that proves anything.
Formerly known as forevertufc
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Dazza take those rose tinters off and smell the coffee. This board need to answer the now concrete allegations against them.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Well Keira thank you for your post as it confirms beyond any doubt why 4 Directors resigned so soon after joining the Board.

I was convinced that it was obvious that all the Directors were not in agreement with policy which was a very bad sign so early in the season.

It is now clear from what has come to light tonight that matters are spiralling out of control very rapidly.