Dean Edwards

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

royalgull wrote:The bit where he says he looked around and the whole apathy of the place got to him and it got him down i completely understand because i felt the same. I didn't feel like any or shall we say enough people really cared on Saturday, players and fans alike. Not enough people were hurting like dean obviously did and myself. I stood for about 5-10 mins after the whistle looking around reminiscing about some of the players and matches I'd seen and just thought how has it got to this.

I don't know what i was expecting maybe some of the players to get angry with each other, i was certainly expecting a more hostile response from the fans as the goals went in, instead it was more laughter or a shrug of the shoulders. Just summed up that people have given it up and now just accept this garbage as what happens at Torquay now.

Sad state of affairs, no idea how you turn that around.
I don't agree with you or Dean.

Yes we are at the clubs lowest ebb, lower than the Roberts and Web eras.

Have we reached rock bottom, probably not, if we get relegated to Conf south and have to go part time, so be it, that's sport, that's competition. Some win some lose, and we are losing at them moment. On the plus side, its not all apathy actually. The current board, ok they might be rookies at this, but at least they are trying, yes they could make lots more mistakes, but heh they are not doing it on purpose, they are doing their best im sure. The TUST, they are trying as well, they do not have the money but they are trying. The 1500 hard core fans who turned up on Saturday and DIDINT boo the young lads out there, they are contributing as well. The young footballers we have playing for us, they are not getting paid a fortune, and ok, they are not Ronanldos, but that isn't their fault, they are trying to make it, most might not, but they are trying.

In life you either give up when the going gets tough, or you dig in and try and do something about it.

I don't have a clue whether we will ever be a league club again, things change, football changes and its a complete unknown what the future has in store for us. But we are Torquay Utd, and we have NEVER had it easy, so lets just go for it :)
TUST MEMBER
Lloyder5
Skipper
Skipper

Post by Lloyder5 »

I agree with the sentiments expressed in your post Neal. Torquay United is really our collective memories, good and bad and if we value those we must fight for it. A few outsiders will help (like hopefully tonight) but basically it is down to us because the rest of football won't give a ****.
TUST number 080
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

I thought we'd reached rock bottom when Braintree scored 5 but only TUFC could find new ways to get lower, Neal your post whilst good natured or with a positive spin I just can't agree with, I know we've always been rubbish but never this bad without any true or realistic signs of hope. There is no hope with this club as we stand unless someone from the outside with a decent amount of cash fancies losing their money.

i didn't necessarily say I expected everyone to boo the players or turn on them but I expected something, anything to say this isn't good enough, I don't care what we're paying, losing 7-3 to anyone at home in this league is completely unacceptable.

There is an acceptance of failure throughout this club and it's been there for the last few years with every excuse used, until we change that we'll never get anywhere. I saw cox say last week we need to get over where we've been and we aren't a big fish any more, we were never really a big fish but would Bromley take 200 fans many other places? No they came because it's Torquay United a former league club and we should use that to our advantage not our disadvantage. Why shouldn't we expect to compete and win against sides in this league? It's below our natural level, why shouldn't we go into the ground with the hope and belief that the club are striving to be better? Everything is defeatist, everything is negative and that spreads to scenes like Saturday, lose 3-7 at home to a club that were in the Conference south last season and barely a whimper afterwards.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

He's now offering to take your money in a most interesting way. See his cv on Linkedin:

https://uk.linkedin.com/in/dean-edwards-b2018329

Where he offers to reduce your finances by a factor of one thousand. I quote:

"After 38 years in the football industry I have experienced playing, to buying a football club. I have dealt with kit men, to chairman. I feel now is the the time to pass on some of this experience. So anybody looking for a football solution. A player looking for a club, or even a billionaire who wants to be a millionaire looking to buy a football club, then please go to: www.theorangewolf.com We can help you achieve your goals."
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

gateman49 wrote:He's now offering to take your money in a most interesting way. See his cv on Linkedin:

"After 38 years in the football industry I have experienced playing, to buying a football club. I have dealt with kit men, to chairman. I feel now is the the time to pass on some of this experience. So anybody looking for a football solution. A player looking for a club, or even a billionaire who wants to be a millionaire looking to buy a football club, then please go to: http://www.theorangewolf.com We can help you achieve your goals."
A billionaire who wants to be a millionaire, isn't that like saying swap a grand for a tenner? :rofl:
To the dotted line, We're on our way
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

gateman49 wrote:He's now offering to take your money in a most interesting way. See his cv on Linkedin:

"After 38 years in the football industry I have experienced playing, to buying a football club. I have dealt with kit men, to chairman. I feel now is the the time to pass on some of this experience. So anybody looking for a football solution. A player looking for a club, or even a billionaire who wants to be a millionaire looking to buy a football club, then please go to: http://www.theorangewolf.com We can help you achieve your goals."
An ex-Gull (yellow) now a wolf (orange). A wolf in sheep's clothing next?
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

The guy is so inept he actually told the truth for once ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

He's just rehashing an old joke:- What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Start as a billionaire and buy a football club.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jerry wrote:He's just rehashing an old joke:- What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Start as a billionaire and buy a football club.
He IS an old joke.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Jerry wrote:He's just rehashing an old joke:- What's the quickest way to become a millionaire? Start as a billionaire and buy a football club.

Whoooosh !!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

We know where his heart lies now. Once a Wolves boy always a Wolves boy. More orange (or old gold as it used to be) than yellow

Added in 8 hours 15 minutes 9 seconds:
Just a thought for Deano
The domains oldgoldwolf.com and oldgoldwolf.co.uk appear to be awailable for purchase. These names would more closely match your current appearance so why not go for one of them.
Ouch!
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

One recommendation to date-he'll struggle to get any more!
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

I think he might need a copywriter because what's written on his LinkedIn is total rubbish.
Behind-the-Gulls
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Behind-the-Gulls »

Needs to add : Coach,Torquay United-one match,2015, v Bromley,2015.Lost 7-3.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I've checked other available domain names and wolfinsheepsclothing.co.uk is unavailable although sheepinwolfsclothing.co.uk is available.

Also available is:

ratinsheepsclothing.co.uk