A Word of Sympathy for the Current Board.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

I just want to support what Hector says and urge everyone to turn up at Plainmoor on Boxing Day.

The only way is to turn up every game until the end of the season. It is our only chance to save the Club. Boycott the Club and we are DEAD.

In return I hope the Board either hold a meeting for fans in January or at the very least put out a meaningful statement on what is going on in the next 48 hours. It is the least we deserve if we are going to continue backing the Board by attending games.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

http://m.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Torqu ... story.html

The 'transparent' and 'open' board remain quiet with no comment when asked by WMN.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

CP Gull wrote: You been looking at those tea leaves again, Super? You northerners are all the same! =D
Unfortunately not Chris......
If only that all it was....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Bleeper wrote:http://m.westernmorningnews.co.uk/Torqu ... story.html

The 'transparent' and 'open' board remain quiet with no comment when asked by WMN.

You know what? **** them. If that's the way they want to be, then so be it. I'll just stop sending them my money - not that it is very much, and I'm sure they won't even notice it's not there anyway.

I'm a placid guy, happy to see the best in everybody if I can, and very rarely lose my temper, but this current board have had more than enough grace from supporters. They don't appear to give a shit about us; they appear to stick two fingers up to people who have offered their help (I see no reason to doubt people like Bobby on here who has claimed he offered his assistance etc) and what really **** me off is people like Steve Breed who, lets not forget was "just a fan" like the rest of us on here up until the start of this season, suddenly seems to treat us like complete cocks.

Well, **** the lot of them. My money is staying in my pocket from now on, until I start to see positive moves from the club, instead of the "no comment" we are getting.

You know what Steve, Dave et al? Some of the stuff on here and elsewhere is fairly serious stuff, stuff that deserves a response - even if you simply come out and say it's all bollocks, that would be good enough for me.

A lot of people have spent almost their entire life (and for some that's a looooong time eh Stefano, Wivel, Tomo etc :) ) following this club, and they, as the rest of us do, deserve some answers.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

Quite right Scott....Who the f... does he think he is ?
And £30,00 for Lavercombe ?? Unless the add ons are 15 -20 % I think he is being undervalued. But Wigan know our situation I guess.
sevilla66
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Martin Rice

Post by sevilla66 »

Scott, you are absolutely correct to say that the Board must respond to the fans' concerns about the critical situation at the Club. They must put their cards on the table and also come clean about the identities of those they are currently in negotiations with over investing in the club, the size of the investment and whether or not that investment will leave the current directors with a minority holding. Breed and Phillips are both business men and not, in any sense of the word, philanthropists.
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

SNW how do you have access to information that we do not? Care to share it?
zoomed
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by zoomed »

zoomed wrote:Torquay United Supporters Trust

As a rule TUST DO NOT respond to speculation or rumour on the forums... however in light of the recent postings by Torquay United Fans Ltd I felt it important to establish the Trust's position.

TUST became aware of the formation of Torquay United Fans Ltd when its details appeared on the register at Companies House at the beginning of December. The Trust board met with this company on December 10th and I have since had a 60 minute telephone conversation with its founder on December 19. I have also arranged to meet with the Club on Monday.

Once we are in full possession of the facts I will issue a full statement.

Kind Regards...

Michael
http://us10.campaign-archive2.com/?u=9b ... a29c430ddc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

drummergull90 wrote:SNW how do you have access to information that we do not? Care to share it?

He never has any information ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

portugull wrote:I just want to support what Hector says and urge everyone to turn up at Plainmoor on Boxing Day.

The only way is to turn up every game until the end of the season. It is our only chance to save the Club. Boycott the Club and we are DEAD.

In return I hope the Board either hold a meeting for fans in January or at the very least put out a meaningful statement on what is going on in the next 48 hours. It is the least we deserve if we are going to continue backing the Board by attending games.
Actually, that is not quite what Hector posted - at least, not in his last post as follows -
When supporters are being kept completely in the dark by fellow supporters running the club, it does seem a little rich for those running the club to be imploring fans to turn up, whilst not quite being open and honest with what is taking place.

Every week on here someoe posts 'can things get any worse?' and every week things do get worse. We are now next to bottom in the National League - the lowest the club has ever been. I will be there on Boxing Day and probably every home match until the end of the season, but after that ...... I don't think so. Andy is right (as he often is) - when Mike Bateson was chairman (and Tony Boyce before him and Arthur Milner before that), Torquay United was recognised as a friendly and well run club thoughout the English football world. We have degenerated during the last four or five years into a laughable tinpot club and as Hector posted, it is a bit rich for those running the club to implore fans to turn up when the standard of football is rock bottom. It is reported that some players are not even on the minimum wage - is that allowed legally? I was idly looking at the top of Division 1. Burton (who have passed us and left us streets behind), Walsall, Gillingham, Peterborough, Southend - all teams we used to play against season after season. It frustrates and angers me that the club has descended to such a low point with the likelihood it will go even lower.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

Southampton Gull wrote:

He never has any information ;-)
You'd be suprised (this time) David.....
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Anyway, we're all eagerly awaiting the formal statement to be issued by the Club following their board meeting tomorrow.. :)
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

No, I wouldn't. I know exactly where we are in terms of recruitment, finances and board members. The situation is still the same as it was before all the hidden agendas materialised, the clubs target is to survive relegation and kick start next season.

We've called time on the white elephant of a training ground and come up with a better alternative.

The companies house situation will be updated, delays caused by the Dean Edwards situation have just been taken advantage of by Colin Authers after his "failed bid".

The money from the groundshare is likely to be used to improve the drainage of the pitch, another win win situation.

The ridiculous uproar over a few players signing for the club in order to help out if the situation arose when they would be needed, remember we're outside of the transfer window.

The offer of help from Colin Lee was made months ago and to Dean Edwards who told him where to go, shame he didn't take his own advice and buggered off with him.

Too many fans have been quick to lay the boot into the current board when I actually think they are making real progress with a lot of things the one notable absentee being the playing side. Nicholson is embarrassed by the efforts of some of the squad so I would like to see him given the opportunity of trying to fix things as soon as he is able to. Changing managers constantly is what got us here in the first place, lets give him a fair chance to do a job, not a few months, it's ridiculous to hound a young manager the way some are..
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

Well said SG. At last some sense spoken

:goodpost: :goodpost: