Ffs any news?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

nickbrod wrote:Is last night's meeting still in progress? Any sign of white smoke over Plainmoor?
Surely Dave Thomas & WMN are camped outside Reception awaiting the latest statement which was promised either last night or today.
:rofl: :clap:
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

We could be "trying" to get anybody. If they don't actually turn up here then it doesn't really matter.

Added in 4 seconds:
We could be "trying" to get anybody. If they don't actually turn up here then it doesn't really matter.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

IanGull01 wrote:Does anyone read Southampton Gull's post??!!
He seems pretty in the know as regards to what is going on.
If we were trying to get Mildenhall and Blissett then I doubt we are planning for Conference Sputh especially if Ajala comes back.

When SG starts panicking, then I will.

It's not just me then? I do wonder what some fans think is an ulterior motive by the current board. If anyone thinks Steve Breed would be happy to see us relegated they must be mad, he's one of the most passionate and caring fans out there. He has had a mountain of problems to deal with and is getting through them on a daily basis, some of those have had a drastic impact on this seasons budget and most were outside of this administrations hands, they were just doing what a responsible board does and do their best to live within our means.

It's obvious we need to ship out some players before we can rebuild yet as soon as we do everyone hits the panic button because players put their own spin on why they "want to leave". Nico knows the players he can count on for a battle and he now knows those he can't, give him a chance to build a team more suited for the road ahead, temporary signings in our position to cover shortfalls in the squad outside of a transfer window should be seen for what they really are and not taken as anything other than that. We can't be too fussy and should realise any chance to offload unwanted players ahead of the window is the best chance we have of signing our targets as brucie questions.

The current squad have shown they don't have the stomach for a fight, surely it's blatantly obvious changes need to be made?

As for the WMN, their headlines are in response to having a blunt request for an interview turned down, very lazy journalism if you ask me, and if people think the TUST are backing Authers and his "backers" think again, they have made it quite clear their concerns were laid to rest after meeting with club officials. The situation isn't ideal, far from it, but lets not question the integrity of the current board, if they can attract investment from the right people and not those wanting the ground for nefarious reasons they will do so.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

To the dotted line, We're on our way
hustgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by hustgull »

Followed by a message from the gaffer:

http://www.torquayunited.com/news/artic ... 66627.aspx
SBP
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by SBP »

Lets hope we can do a Leicester then, because we need to pull something out of the bag very special to get out of this.
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Would still be nice to know what they have to say about the accusations made against the board. Pointless having new players if we go doen the tubes.
MF68
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by MF68 »

And if Mr Masters has put any money into the Club or received shares........I know they said he has not joined the Board but............
WESTWARDGULL
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by WESTWARDGULL »

Ignore my last. I didn't see the post from Bleeper.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

New thread started for the statement from the board of directors.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

ROADRUNNER wrote:good for him, great to see him smiling again,
Maybe he had a glass of wine with lunch?

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"