Lavercombe Fee?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Lavercombe Fee?

Post by jimhart33 »

BBC suggesting a fee undisclosed agreed with Wigan and loan back to us for rest of this season.
Seen this suggested before on board.
What sort of fee amount should we expect?

£50K plus sell ons? Surely the minimun
£100K plus sell ons?
£500K plus sell ons ? Like Exeter City achieve

Your views please.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

35k plus sell ons (with half of that going to pay back a small proportion of what Thea put into the club).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

We'll be lucky to get £20k plus sell-ons, people need to have realistic expectations.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Dazza »

Why do we get c10% of what others achieve. I realise they are a League club and get higher fees because of that but Exeter City would get 20k for him if he had one leg. !
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

It'll be a free transfer because the club doesn't want to stand in the way of the player's career.. :-/
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

If people are comparing Lavercombe to say Grimes from City who they sold for a small fortune, have you considered that Lavercombe isn't actually that good? For example, Grimes was an England Youth international and had played regularly (and starred) at L2 level. Lavercombe has had a smattering of half decent games in the conference.

Plus we are only selling him to Wigan.

Let's be grateful we are getting the money for him as well as getting him back on loan. That's almost as good as money for nothing!
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

well I did try to warn people any upfront fee for Lavercombe would be tiny, a couple of months ago when this subject first came up. How does the selling club value it's player ? is a factor in any fee, that is determined on length and size of contract, no football club puts one of it's most prized assets on a short contract with a potty training wage.

Love him or hate him, there was a very good reason why Buckle put the likes of Halpin on a 3 year contract , he was only to well aware if the big club came sniffing, such a contract would have been used to screw more money out of the buying club, commonly known as protecting your investment, heck our club values Lavercombe so highly we don't even provide him with full time professional goalkeeper coaching ( coming onto that shortly)

Number of games played and at what level ? buying club and the reason for purchase ? 15 games in the national premier league, being purchased by a league 1 club and I'd be surprised if it was for any other reason that development squad keeper.

We haven't got a full time keeper coach because our club can't afford one, can only afford a part-time coach, this is also a reason why we need to STOP ! and ask ourselves a question, who circulated Lavercombe's name and why, I don't know, but I think it's very highly likely to have been our own club. Our club needs some money "now" it doesn't have the time to wait for Lavercombe to develop fully, where with 50 odd games under his belt, a possible England youth call up would have led to a tidy 6 figure sum.

I'm not, knocking the club or it's current board, our club has become a victim of it's own circumstance, we're desperate to sell and the buying club who ever that may be will know it. Our best hope here, and in the case of Lavercombe has always been, is to negotiate substantial add ons.
Formerly known as forevertufc
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

If I'd have known he was only twenty grand, I'd have bought him. **** knows what I'd have done with him, mind.

Realistic or not, it's disappointing that we're in such dire straits that we have to bother selling someone for pocket-money. We're the footballing equivalent of an Arsebook selling page for half-sucked lollipops.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Somethings better than nothing and nothing is what we currently getting.
Credit where credits due KN (me giving KN credit whatever next) has played him consistently when it would have been easy to play okey kokey with the keepers. He knew the only revenue stream or best bet from the current crop of players was Lavercombe and its paid off, enough? Maybe not but he'll be asking to use what' cash is available that's for sure. His management career depends on it.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

I thought the fee was £30000 or is that wishful thinking? Weren't we 'told' recently that the club had squeezed an extra £15000 from the deal?
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Dave_Pougher wrote:Somethings better than nothing and nothing is what we currently getting.
Credit where credits due KN (me giving KN credit whatever next) has played him consistently when it would have been easy to play okey kokey with the keepers. He knew the only revenue stream or best bet from the current crop of players was Lavercombe and its paid off, enough? Maybe not but he'll be asking to use what' cash is available that's for sure. His management career depends on it.

If he had played him earlier we would have more points on the board.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

He made little or no difference to how many points weve achieved.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

This was my argument a good while ago. whats the point of paying out a large sum of money for an academy when we get all the best poached by the bigger clubs for next to nothing.. yeah yeah so we get add ons. and how many of the add ons actually end up getting paid. They can find all sorts of ways of wriggling out of add on payments. I lost faith with that system a long time ago. Its much better to get a decent fee in the first place and then if he can progress good luck to the lad. We have fairly given him away and I bet you we won't see another penny for him ever.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

If he goes to Wigan what's the betting the fee will be 'undisclosed'?