Simon Heslop Officially leaves the club.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Simon Heslop Officially leaves the club.

Post by CraigUnder »

From TUFC OS Twitter: 'Player-manager, Kevin Nicholson, has confirmed that Simon Heslop has left the club after his short-term deal came to an end.We wish him well'

We are looking desperately short in midfield and with kev saying 'only a couple of signings' might come in, it all looks a little worrying.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Bleeper wrote:From TUFC OS Twitter: 'Player-manager, Kevin Nicholson, has confirmed that Simon Heslop has left the club after his short-term deal came to an end.We wish him well'

We are looking desperately short in midfield and with kev saying 'only a couple of signings' might come in, it all looks a little worrying.
Well it's now a trio of signings
Lucy
paul tufc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by paul tufc »

As previously mentioned a Wrexham fan reckons they were about to sign a torquay midfielder. Heslop it is then.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Looked good against FGR on Boxing Day but far too often a lazy player who never really got stuck in. Big disappointment.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Thing is when Heslop signed he hadn't had much pitch time, his match fitness was clearly improving, and Heslop did look a better player when moved into a more natural position for him as a defensive midfielder rather than attacking, strange timing , we complain at having to play 4 centre backs, whilst letting a natural midfielder leave the club prior to this game.

However not going to pass any criticism, as I do not know the circumstances behind the timing of his departure.
Formerly known as forevertufc
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

forevertufc wrote:Thing is when Heslop signed he hadn't had much pitch time, his match fitness was clearly improving, and Heslop did look a better player when moved into a more natural position for him as a defensive midfielder rather than attacking, strange timing , we complain at having to play 4 centre backs, whilst letting a natural midfielder leave the club prior to this game.

However not going to pass any criticism, as I do not know the circumstances behind the timing of his departure.
Pretty much how I feel. Squad is threadbare now and a huge amount depends on who we bring in now the window is open. Make or break time.
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

I was never impressed by Heslop during his time here. Sadly, we have no knowledge of who earns what so whether he was ripping us off or whether he was playing for peanuts, if he has to leave, so be it.

Recent results over Christmas have been promising but, at the moment, I think we should all just hope there is a team to support next season.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
Jack
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: John Rudge

Post by Jack »

Simon Heslop"s short term contract is about to end and presumably we didn't want to extend it because we wanted to free up whatever we were paying him to go towards new signings. Non league footballers are generally on short term contracts and if another Club is after him he would have wanted to avoid injury today so as not to scupper his chances of getting a job elsewhere. I don't blame him if he didn't want to play today.
We have already got Richards and Verma as our regular central midfielders so Heslop would only be used as a sub most of the time if he stayed but there are probably more versatile options out there.
midtable
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Brian Wilson

Post by midtable »

A pity he has gone because he must have built up a good understanding with the other players as he has been here since the beginning of the season. We have used 29 players and now more will arrive but hopefully they will gel together quickly. I am sure Heslop was not on much money so you can't blame him for taking a pay rise elsewhere if we won't match it. I assume the biggest earners are Luke Young and Waide Fairhurst but sadly as both are injured we remain in a mess.
TT78
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: none

Post by TT78 »

Just signed for us.
DJ Gull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by DJ Gull »

Signed for wrexham
To the dotted line, We're on our way
Dazza
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by Dazza »

No doubt his 'illness' is now a lot better. No wonder we are were we are with players of the attitude of Heslop and Hurst. They have used us like a public convenience.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

I've been very critical of Heslop for most of the season but the last three or four games, apart from the glaring miss at Cheltenham, he has played well and worked hard for the team so I am sorry to see him go. With so many players leaving, it will be interesting to see who Nicholson brings in. Perhaps the scouts have been out scouring the South Devon league ......
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

TT78 wrote:Just signed for us.

Good luck with him. Get yourself ready for lots of sideways passes - not all of which will find their intended target
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Seems like Wrexham are in freefall having lost again today. Looks as if they'll be changing manager again!