Simon Heslop Officially leaves the club.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PL21gull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Lee MansellBaseball

Post by PL21gull »

It is somewhat ironic that under Cox, when we had a glut of midfielders, we tended to miss out midfield with lofted hopeful balls, but now that we try to play more real football we are becoming short of midfielders....where does that leave our tactics for the rest of the season and our need for 10 wins?
Burnhamgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Burnhamgull »

tomogull wrote:I've been very critical of Heslop for most of the season but the last three or four games, apart from the glaring miss at Cheltenham, he has played well and worked hard for the team
That's the problem, he's had five months to play well and probably only started trying once he learned of a potential move away.

Waste of space in my opinion, Wrexham are welcome to him.
TUFC never fails to let its fanbase down.

27/08/18 - Time to step back from this shambles and focus on things in life that make me happy. TUFC doesn't.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

I never saw the best of Hesflop in midfield.

He seemed to do better at right back. If only he'd been RB for the Chelts match, he wouldn't have been there to blast over - Berry would have had that cert goal .

Anyway, now he's in an even better position for us - right off :lol:
TUST member 200 ;-)
wivelgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by wivelgull »

'We have used 29 players this season'. If ever there was a statement of doom, this is it. If you look at TUFC statistics (or statistics of any club for that matter) you'll see that in their worst season they've used umpteen players, while in good (or even successful) seasons they used very few. That is always the key statistic in any team's progress (or lack of it) over a season. Check up for yourselves and see if I'm right.
Another thing: you never know until later when the point of no return has been passed. So I ask you: has the point of no return (regarding relegation) been passed already? I would say that it has. It's all in the stats. I'm afraid.
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Using 29 players: on the other hand, it shows our strength in depth of squad =D =D
TUST member 200 ;-)
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

wivelgull wrote:'We have used 29 players this season'. If ever there was a statement of doom, this is it. If you look at TUFC statistics (or statistics of any club for that matter) you'll see that in their worst season they've used umpteen players, while in good (or even successful) seasons they used very few. That is always the key statistic in any team's progress (or lack of it) over a season. Check up for yourselves and see if I'm right.
Another thing: you never know until later when the point of no return has been passed. So I ask you: has the point of no return (regarding relegation) been passed already? I would say that it has. It's all in the stats. I'm afraid.
Yes, you're right Wivel. But I see it more of a clearing out of dead wood to bring in more experienced (hopefully) players that will support the youngsters in the side to be more equipped for the battles ahead. The team has definitely been showing more steel and determination sicnce the Chester debacle. I don't think we have passed the point of no return yet. As others have posted, January is going to be an important month. Good away win for Whitby yesterday by the way - they can also avoid the drop in their league.