Shaun Harrad

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

DaveysBarTab wrote:Recall Harrad scoring quite a lot against us in the past.

That worcester article says ashley vincent left them... he pretty decent player wonder if nicho has looked into getting him.

Still hope Wright re signs but would of thought Harrad joining might be the answer that Wright aint coming back
Ashley Vincent would be a blinding signing - these are the sorts of players Nico needs to be trying to bring in; the "forgotten" man who has drifted out of the full-time game for some reason and needs an avenue to get back in. Even if it's just to the seasons end for them to prove a point, if it gets us out of the mire then it's ok by me.

It's amazing how many players pop up at that level who - when you see their name - think "oh I remember him"
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Harrad always looked a little frail to be a good player but he has a bag of tricks, can deliver good ball from out wide and also knows how to put a chance away, great signing for us in our predicament.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Southampton Gull wrote:Harrad always looked a little frail to be a good player but he has a bag of tricks, can deliver good ball from out wide and also knows how to put a chance away, great signing for us in our predicament.
Do you see him being played out wide or off a big man up top?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Good, successful, lower league sides always have one player in their team who makes opposition fans go, "oh **** hell, I hope he doesn't play against us".

Harrad had always been one of those guys. The first name you look for on the teamsheet. We've had that with Sillsy and maybe a bit with Howe, but Shaun is our first for a while and we should be glad he's here.

He'll win us freekicks and the sympathy of the referee, which will help. It seems a bit of a naive division this year, with fewer divers and cheats (funny how that coincides with Mad Dog Allen not being here), so that should play into our hands.

If we could get Wright back or Fairhurst fit, we'd be laughing.

If only Hurst wasn't a massive pedotwatcuntfuckheadarseholeprick and Youngy wasn't made of blancmange, we could have a decent XI on our hands.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

ferrarilover wrote: If only Hurst wasn't a massive pedotwatcuntfuckheadarseholeprick ........ Matt.
.............. well, well - I didn't know Hurst was Welsh ;-)
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

Just think about the names in our strike force now - Wright, Harrad, Fairhurst and Marsh. No matter how you look at it, that is a bloody good attack for a Conference side.

Credit where credit is due, we're actually starting to build a half decent team for this level on 9 bob notes and Mars bars. Well done Nico.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Okay, okay - I know I'm being picky and Matt will probably have a go at me, but you have to ask - Why has Shaun Harrad been playing for Worcester in National South, and why, apparently, has he mostly only been used as a sub during his time there? He has, as Matt says, been a player to be feared in the Conference, but is he now living on his past reputation?
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

tomogull wrote:Okay, okay - I know I'm being picky and Matt will probably have a go at me, but you have to ask - Why has Shaun Harrad been playing for Worcester in National South, and why, apparently, has he mostly only been used as a sub during his time there? He has, as Matt says, been a player to be feared in the Conference, but is he now living on his past reputation?
I've been thinking this too. Overnight it appears that Harrad has gone from Conference North substitute to Torquay saviour.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

tomogull wrote:Okay, okay - I know I'm being picky and Matt will probably have a go at me, but you have to ask - Why has Shaun Harrad been playing for Worcester in National South, and why, apparently, has he mostly only been used as a sub during his time there? He has, as Matt says, been a player to be feared in the Conference, but is he now living on his past reputation?
All valid questions, and I don't see it as negative. They do have Lee Hughes and Deon Burton up front, which goes some way to explaining why he's been a bench warmer, but then they are getting on a bit and he hasn't been able to oust them from the starting eleven.

In reality, we will only find out the answer on the pitch.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

The short answer is simple: football doesn't work like that.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Your right it doesn't !
Back to the variants of getting things right, its Ok getting players in, but you need to play a system to get the best out the squad, they also may not gel overnight. They are all only good signings if KN gets the system, tactics right and the players embrace and respond to the challenge.
ferrarilover wrote:The short answer is simple: football doesn't work like that.

Matt.
Gullscorer
Legend
Legend

Post by Gullscorer »

Absolutely right. A player can appear to be, for a variety of reasons, a failure at one club, but, on moving to another club, can achieve much greater success. There's no reason why that can't happen with our recent signings.

It would be unreasonable to expect immediate miracles, but I do feel the club and the manager are to be commended for turning things around sufficiently to give us a fighting chance of survival over the rest of the season.
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

If this is something of a gamble, at least we do now have three or four other striking options to compete for two places. As a squad I think we're pretty strong up front now, and it's midfield we're looking weak in.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats