Bognor Regis

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

For those of you not there, that was absolutely terrible.

Bognor, better players and better team. Don't think we tried to lose this we didn't! Their players had better ball control and their passing was more accurate. We were absolutely clueless. That second half was about as bad as it gets folks. You reckon this lot will get out of trouble, NO CHANCE! A total waste of an afternoon that was. NOT ONE PLAYER played anywhere near any professional standard, and not one of our players would get in that Bognor team!
TUST MEMBER
eddyh
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by eddyh »

I don't care that we are out of the trophy as we'd have lost to any half decent opposition in the semis, but let's not forget that we have just been beaten by Bognor bloody Regis in a competitive fixture and by all accounts quite deservedly so. I know we have some cup tied players but it really does give an indication how dreadful we are.
portugull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: lee mansell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by portugull »

Neal that short but honest report does sound as if our chances of putting even 14 points on the current total from our next 8 games look optimistic.

8 games in 28 days starting on Tuesday will be a huge test for a small squad. Kiddy and Welling look doomed. However results are hard to predict.

Having beaten Boreham Wood 1-0 last Saturday who would have thought they would win 3-0 at Southport today. We need a miracle.
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Fantastic result lads, well done to all involved for doing your best by the football club. Can now look forward to Tuesday.

Only downside is Idiot MacDonald booked for something other than a tackle AGAIN. what's that he's on, 13 or 14? I presume you get a 3 game ban when you get to 15. I hope nicho saved some money in the budget for a loan centre back when the inevitable happens, as we won't be staying up playing Gerring for three games.
nickbrod
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by nickbrod »

Kit_robin wrote:Fantastic result lads, well done to all involved for doing your best by the football club. Can now look forward to Tuesday.

Only downside is Idiot MacDonald booked for something other than a tackle AGAIN. what's that he's on, 13 or 14? I presume you get a 3 game ban when you get to 15. I hope nicho saved some money in the budget for a loan centre back when the inevitable happens, as we won't be staying up playing Gerring for three games.
Or Exodus?
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Let's put thing into prospective. 2 of the semi finalists are mighty Nantwich town and giant killers Bognor. We could also see Halifax make it( which will not help them in more games to play). Does this semi final line up suggest that Conf premier clubs don't give a bugger about the trophy, I mean Cheltenham and forest green clearly prioritised the league against the trophy.
Most of us wanted to get knocked out to concentrate on our slight chance of survival,the team delivered. However, we have to also face the fact that we lost to Bognor bloody Regis and that is pretty embarrassing. Hey ho, roll on Tuesday at Macclesfield, they are in poor form, half the squad have had a rest, so all is not doom and gloom.
Lucy
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

That post from Neal - calm down you obviously didn't watch the welling game?

Stuff this trophy this is a fantastic result, kiddy and welling lose - even better!

Only one aim now and that league survival COYY
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Neal - more fool you for bothering to go. If you think that this performance means anything then you are nuts. Plain fact is that had we lost another two Saturdays to more games in this competition then whatever chance we would have had of league survival would have gone. Judge us on the result at Macclesfield on Tuesday night not this one.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:Neal - more fool you for bothering to go. If you think that this performance means anything then you are nuts. Plain fact is that had we lost another two Saturdays to more games in this competition then whatever chance we would have had of league survival would have gone. Judge us on the result at Macclesfield on Tuesday night not this one.
:goodpost: our slim chance of survival has been increased due to getting knocked out today. Brucie you seem quite chilled tonight, so look forward to your comments post Macclesfield :) . However fair play to anyone who went today
Lucy
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

This thread is why I love this place sometimes.

Everyone moans that we are still in the FA Trophy.

We get knocked out of the FA Trophy. People still moan
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

I think MacDonald was harshly booked, it looked like a minor infringement and their bloke rolled around on the floor.

I can't really disagree with Neal's assessment, sadly. It was very poor, especially in the second half. This Ben Gerring fellow is so bad, I'm not really sure what he was supposed to be doing when he came on. We would have got more mileage sticking Gilbert the Gull on! The fact we brought on Ben Gerring at all suggests we had no interest in trying to equalise. On reflection, that probably wasn't a bad idea.
A Realist
First Regular
First Regular
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by A Realist »

BobBobBob wrote:I think MacDonald was harshly booked, it looked like a minor infringement and their bloke rolled around on the floor.

I can't really disagree with Neal's assessment, sadly. It was very poor, especially in the second half. This Ben Gerring fellow is so bad, I'm not really sure what he was supposed to be doing when he came on. We would have got more mileage sticking Gilbert the Gull on! The fact we brought on Ben Gerring at all suggests we had no interest in trying to equalise. On reflection, that probably wasn't a bad idea.
The two of them were challenging for the ball in the air and when their player went to ground and bought a free kick, McDonald stamped on his ankle. He was lucky it wasn't red.
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

Jeff wrote:This thread is why I love this place sometimes.

What I really love is the darksiders saying they wanted out...then beating us up cos we lost.

And the happy clappers saying its great for momentum, money etc. then saying not to worry it's a good thing we're out!!!

I'm hearing some very damming reports from a family member who went but its important not to dwell on this too long and remember the positives from the two league games before. Our first 11 is quite different and the bench much stronger as a result.
BobBobBob
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Courtney Richards

Post by BobBobBob »

A Realist wrote:The two of them were challenging for the ball in the air and when their player went to ground and bought a free kick, McDonald stamped on his ankle. He was lucky it wasn't red.
Really? That sounds more like the incident that led to Ben Gerring's yellow card.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Jeff wrote:This thread is why I love this place sometimes.

It's just the way of it on fora Jeff. One thing you can learn when perusing other's forums is that the battle of good v evil / positive v negative dominates the threads as does hypocrisy.

For example, I hate the JPT. Always said so and wouldn't go to any of the games. If the club got to the Wembley final then I don't suddenly decide to go and say hey ho it's all great. That's what's wrong with folk. Those who say, well we're shite so i'm not going until we're good again. You go regardless or just stop going. No conviction. Cake and eat it. Human nature. Sad but true.

Added in 1 minute 22 seconds:
Which incidentally is the title of perhaps the best track Metallica ever made.