Bognor Regis

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

We have a chance to get to Wembley and we lose and people see that as a great result!!

Really??!!

Surely every football club and their fans want to play at the home of football regardless of their league position.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

IanGull01 wrote:We have a chance to get to Wembley and we lose and people see that as a great result!!

Really??!!

Surely every football club and their fans want to play at the home of football regardless of their league position.
Have you seen our fixture congestion, do you think a semi final 2 leg affair would make it any worst than it is. We are almost down, BUT we have a chance with our games in hand. If you are happy for us to be at Wembley and to almost certainly be relegated then your a crazy person. Being knocked out of the trophy is a blessing in disguise, even if too late
Lucy
IanGull01
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by IanGull01 »

lucy6lucy wrote: Have you seen our fixture congestion, do you think a semi final 2 leg affair would make it any worst than it is. We are almost down, BUT we have a chance with our games in hand. If you are happy for us to be at Wembley and to almost certainly be relegated then your a crazy person. Being knocked out of the trophy is a blessing in disguise, even if too late
And losing to Bognor Regis is a great confidence booster isn't it!
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

IanGull01 wrote: And losing to Bognor Regis is a great confidence booster isn't it!
Ian what would you rather a) the sole focus on league survival or b) might go to wembley but likely to have at least 1 4 game week trying to also stay up

its a no brainer, relagation to the conference south would be horrific.

I see people mentioned if we were mid table then they'd be more upset, have a look at Dover, knocked out by an evo-stick team!
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

IanGull01 wrote: And losing to Bognor Regis is a great confidence booster isn't it!
A makeshift team lost - not great for confidence, I'll grant you, but some of the players that will start on Tuesday, didn't play yesterday and their confidence will not have been knocked.

I'm not happy with the loss, but I am happy that we don't have to fit in another two games into our fixture list and that we still have a shout at staying up.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

kevgull wrote: I'm pretty sure it's just the one game he will miss.
I think the rules are that a player misses two games if he racks up 10 yellows before new year.
I might be wrong but I'm sure it gets reset for the second half of the season, so in theory he wouldn't miss two games until he got his yellow tally up to 15.
Thanks DJ, softens the blow a little.

?[/quote][/quote]

I do despair about our fans bad memories sometimes.

Macdonald has already served a two match suspension for ten bookings around Christmas. Yesterday was h 13th. Two more and he will miss three games. It's likely he will serve that suspension seeing as he doesn't seem to be able to control himself onthe pitch, and if he's missing it will certainly make winning games difficult considering the quality of the replacements.
Neal
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Neal »

yes there are 2 schools of support that's for sure. And that is very obvious. BUT I don't think any management is that clever to manage results. oh yes when it turns out right they will claim some fantastic management foresight, yeah sure. In fact the players are not either that clever to slightly underperform to lose and then the next game turn it on.

For me, you play every competitive game to the max and try to win, and whatever happens happens. In my sport I go out every time and try and perform to my max whatever the conditions, sometimes it comes off sometimes it doesn't.

Anyway we will know, if we don't get out of trouble, then losing the Trophy had no impact. Of course if we do get out of trouble we will get all know allls saying "There we are told you so it was because we lost that game at Bognor". Because people want to try and prove they know that little bit more than everyone else. I find it quite pathetic actually!
TUST MEMBER
DevonYellow
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Jean Pierre-Simb

Post by DevonYellow »

I remember getting to the final of this the year we lost to them lot from up the road in the playoffs. Loads of day trippers turned out for a day out at Wembley (fair enough) but I remember seeing the die hard familiar faces from Plainmoor and none of us really wanted to be there, it was the playoff final we wanted.

If we went down but had got to Wembley, for me, it would be the same again.
samuel
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: colin bettany

Post by samuel »

Yes you are right Devon Yellow, that Wembley experience was very much 'after the Lord mayors show'. Didn't want to be there really.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Bognor drawn against Grimsby in the semi-finals (Bognor have the home advantage - i.e. if the two clubs agree on one match instead of home and away, it will be played at Bognor)
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

Ian - go back to fantasy island. Losing to Bognor Regis has exactly no bearing on anything. The ONLY thing that matters is the result at Macclesfield tomorrow night.

Did you seriously expect us to get an equaliser after they scored? We just couldn't afford anymore games in this competition. If we lose tomorrow night then fine start moaning. If we get a result then you will have to shut up.

Before anyone says that we have lost 8k, well yes they are right, but this revenue will be made up if we still have a chance of league survival as gates will be better than if they will be if we are relegated with then games to go.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

brucie wrote:Ian - go back to fantasy island. Losing to Bognor Regis has exactly no bearing on anything. The ONLY thing that matters is the result at Macclesfield tomorrow night.

Did you seriously expect us to get an equaliser after they scored? We just couldn't afford anymore games in this competition. If we lose tomorrow night then fine start moaning. If we get a result then you will have to shut up.

Before anyone says that we have lost 8k, well yes they are right, but this revenue will be made up if we still have a chance of league survival as gates will be better than if they will be if we are relegated with then games to go.
Brucie is right. The fact we could have had 8k, well a re-arranged Tuesday match at home , has this season reduced the home gate by roughly 300-400 against a Saturday match. That shortfall is roughly £5,000. As for Macclesfield, it's not must win its must not lose.
Lucy
lucusmc
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by lucusmc »

gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

I didn't go so I can only comment on the video, we were brilliant for 5 of the 6 minutes on show!
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

I see Bognor lost 0-1 to Grimsby and are out of the trophy.

Added in 1 second:
I see Bognor lost 0-1 to Grimsby and are out of the trophy.