Nicholson's Achievement

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
chunkygull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: david graham

Post by chunkygull »

Christ almighty, I really wish everyone would calm down a bit, a lot of you seem to be getting very carried away with everything.
You are my torquay, my only torquay, you make me happy when skies are grey, you'll never know, just, how much i love you, so don't take my torquay away.
(laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la, - laa, laa, - laaaa, - la, la. - la,la,la,la,la, - la,la,la,la....).
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You seem to be the only agitated one ;-)

Personally I'm taking nothing for granted but to get us into this position from where we were is still some achievement.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Derek Dawkins

Post by PaulBreen »

Southampton Gull wrote:You seem to be the only agitated one ;-)

Personally I'm taking nothing for granted but to get us into this position from where we were is still some achievement.
Well said - it is a great achievement whatever happens now.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

Yes - a great read and well deserved praise for Nicho. However, we don't want all the world to know how good he is - we want to keep him at Plainmoor ....... or the Willows Rubbish Tip, wherever our future lies.
Urban Spaceman
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Urban Spaceman »

PaulBreen wrote:I know it's not over yet but I wrote this article as a tribute to Kevin's achievements - https://footballpink.net/2016/04/14/ran ... st-escape/
That's a great article Paul and very well written - thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to do that. :)

My fingers really are crossed that today will see survival become a reality with at least a draw at Bromley and defeats for both Altrincham and Boreham Wood. Nicho deserves nothing less after all the hard work he has put in to shape the current team and the astonishing set of results since early March.

I feel sure that survival will be achieved, but have never been one for counting chickens.

COYY !!! :scarf:
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

chunkygull wrote:Christ almighty, I really wish everyone would calm down a bit, a lot of you seem to be getting very carried away with everything.
NOW will you give just a little bit of credit to Kevin Nicholson and the team for what they have achieved ?
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Yes Tomo, now is the time to recognise Nicholson's achievement . . . . . .

(8) NICHOLSON . . .

(8) Nicholson . . .

(8) NICHOLSON . . .

(8) Nicholson . . .

:bow:

:clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Bluebird02

Post by Bluebird02 »

Congratulations to K.N. for proving all the doubters wrong a tremendous achievement over the past few months once again congratulations from the North of Scotland. I hope he gets the financial backing to put in a promotion challenge for next season.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

So many threads running so I'll use this one. I genuinely did think a couple of weeks ago, the way team spirit has improved, the quality of performances and results, and how he's shaped the team, that regardless of whether the team had gone down or not, Kevin Nicholson should have been retained as TUFC manager.

Managers and coach's never stop learning, or making the odd mistake. One of the things that's impressed about Kevin Nicholson is he does come across as a very quick learner, and is showing that he, unlike Hargreaves has the potential and all the attributes to go on, to become a very successful manager.

Kevin Nicholson could easily have sat behind a number of excuses, like " the clubs got no money " or just sat in under some one else's squad and said " these players are not good enough, what can I do " he didn't, he identified who he thought needed moving on, and replaced them, and that was a risk, had results got worse, KN would have sunk ( although he should never have gone public with his minimal wage story) a mistake he seems to have learnt from as it's never been repeated.

When you look at great escapes across English domestic football, this has to be one of the greatest escapes ever, Kevin Nicholson, his coaching and player deserve so much credit for this, a fantastic achievement.

massive thank you to Kevin Nicolson and everyone at the club, from the board to the poor people who freeze their nuts off in the ticket office.
Formerly known as forevertufc
PlainmoorB0b
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Caldwell

Post by PlainmoorB0b »

As a non believer in Nichos appointment I humbly submit this to the tune of sloop John b

Nicho had a dream
To boss our football team
He got the job
But all the fans said oh no

We had all wrong
He made the team strong
He's super Nicho
Let's sing him a song

Well done sir!
davidcaldwell123
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Marl Loram

Post by davidcaldwell123 »

Nice read Paul.
Dave

PaulBreen wrote:I know it's not over yet but I wrote this article as a tribute to Kevin's achievements - https://footballpink.net/2016/04/14/ran ... st-escape/
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulBreen »

Thanks Dave and everyone else for feedback. Going to Guisely next week to watch match. Hoping for a good one.
PaulBreen
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by PaulBreen »

Hi everyone, I have written a follow up to the earlier article - though intended to get it done ages ago, but been busy.
http://www.nonleaguedaily.com/interview ... rquay.html