Harrop

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

If Harrop gets offered the job he'd be an idiot to take it as the supporters will not want to see Nicholson go. The budget should be the same as last season and better if the new board are interested in taking us forward, This is becoming an Edwards situation thinking he's bigger than the club.

Nicholson should be rewarded with a contract. :keepie: :) :) :) :) :)
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

:goodpost:
Last edited by Jerry on 07 May 2016, 15:19, edited 1 time in total.
Supp16
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Nathan smith

Post by Supp16 »

I couldn't agree more
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Supp16 wrote:I couldn't agree more
I am sure you couldn't Geoff :whistle:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

What more do you want from a manager? He's turned the club around on the pitch and achieved league title winning form over the last third of the season, whilst off the pitch he's built links in the community, established a relationship between the club and the fans and got a 2800 strong, positive crowd into Plainmoor this last weekend. We should be moving heaven and earth to keep him and give him the tools to do the job.

We went with experience in Paul Cox and got nowhere. Without money, he wasn't able to bring in any quality players and wasn't interested in being here for the long haul. We then went with Nicholson and hit the jackpot. He understands the position we are in and what needs to happen to progress the club. On the other hand, Geoff Harrop is married to the right person. That must be a tough one...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Supp16
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Nathan smith

Post by Supp16 »

Nice try, but wrong.
I am better looking than him
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

Supp16 wrote:I couldn't agree more
Geoff, all 7 of your posts are exactly what someone wanting to take on Nichos job would say.. Kindly **** off.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Supp16 wrote:Nice try, but wrong.
I am better looking than him
Wifey then!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

To replace Kevin Nicholson with Geoff Harrop would be a farcical decision, if the club are going to replace Nicho lets at least bring in a real, proper football manager, not a youth develop coach.

I keep hearing it said Harrop did well with our youth set up, really ? Our youth set up under his guidance was like the blind pig that found the occasional truffle, and then it was case of more by luck than good judgement.

There was a very good reason why Exeter at the time when our youth set up was running managed to find one talented local youngster after another, and we didn't, because they have a fit for purpose scouting network around Cornwall/Devon/Somerset something we never had under Harrop guidance.

That's why Harrop and our club "did not" discover Dan Lavercombe, a player that would never have arrived at TUFC after being let go by another club, if it wasn't for a member of this site under the username "MAV" who managed to persuade Harrop to have a look at him, or like the young the keeper Osbourne who went on the Southampton, a player regularly played an age group under his own by Harrop, and I know that fact saw it with my own eyes, who may have been released by Harrop if he hadn't of found out by chance of Southampton interest.

If the feelings being expressed on this thread can get this decision over turned indeed if it is true, then it's done it's job.

Just say NO to Harrop.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Flip flop

Post by Flip flop »

My understanding is that Nicho will be offered a budget for staff and players that is not much more than he had this season. It's means that he won't be able to do what he would like to.
The hope, of course, is that Kevin fails and Geoff, who will be waiting in the wings, will be there to take over.
Geoff Harrop isn't coming back to Torquay to run a youth team and he was very pally with our chairman at one of the recent games. I've been told also that he won't be missed at Yeovil.
tomogull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Colin Bettany

Post by tomogull »

chunkygull wrote:I personally couldnt give a toss if Nicholson stays or not, but I certainly dont want Harrop.
On another thread, you couldn't bring yourself to grit your teeth and admit that Nicho had done a nigh on impossible job of keeping TUFC in the National League, could you ? And you call yourself a supporter !

If what SG is telling us proves to be right, I will walk away from Plainmoor after 50 + years during which time the only time I stopped supporting the team was when Dave Webb was in charge. I will not blindly support a management team that is predicted to make obviously wrong and biased decisions. I have always been wary about Bristol-based Gaming International's 'interest' in the club and it seems that my concerns are emerging. And we don't want a bliddy Director of Football. We've already had one of those and look at the trouble he caused.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I'm hoping I get proved wrong, Tomo. Hopefully the backlash will make it impossible for Harrop to realise his ambitions ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

Southampton Gull wrote: An announcement is imminent so we'll see mate. Nobody will be happier than me if I've been fed a load of bollocks ;-)
I believe much of what you say as I've heard many of the same things from someone at the club. Harrop is not going to be satisfied with running the youth and he hasn't been attending games for the love of the club. He was after all involved with the talks between the new owners and the club and won't settle for a bit part role with the kids.
Flipper
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Angus Mac

Post by Flipper »

yellowsmiffy wrote:I haven't even written my thoughts on the miracle job that Nico has performed this season, and now I've seen this...

If Nico is binned off, I genuinely won't be putting another penny into the club. Nico is one of the only good things left about TUFC and one of the only people that truly understands the club and the fans. He's the perfect fit for this club currently.
He won't be "binned off", he will be put in an untenable position by the club with Harrop looking over his shoulder. He won't want any interference and will end up leaving or not accepting a new contract offer as he won't work under those circumstances.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Exactly how I see it if Harrop gets his wish.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com