Harrop

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Jeff
Plays for Country
Plays for Country

Post by Jeff »

Given that FGR have (somewhat inexplicably given their position) given their manager the bullet today, a small part of me wonders - makes that fear - that they might take advantage of our state of flux and make an approach for Nico? After all, he signed for us originally from them, had a good couple of years there and SG did mention that there might be another Conference club waiting in the wings?

Pie in the sky?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

It is being suggested by a well known poster on another forum, that there is another conference club keeping a close eye on our situation, however I doubt it's FGR., imagine they'll want someone with a more proven C.V
Formerly known as forevertufc
Clive205
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by Clive205 »

Southampton Gull wrote:Despite Nicholson proving the doubters wrong it will soon be confirmed that Harrop will take over as Manager.

His close links to the new owner make his deluded ambitions a serious reality. If we don't let our thoughts on that become loud and clear we could be in trouble. He even has a backup plan to become DOF which Nicholson will obviously view with horror. Make no mistake that this is seriously about to happen.
Really? Who is the source of this information? How do you know it is factually correct?

And what happens if this doesn't materialise to be the case - will it be followed up with a message that the only reason Nicho was able to stay on was because of the reaction to this post?
CraigUnder
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by CraigUnder »

forevertufc wrote:It is being suggested by a well known poster on another forum, that there is another conference club keeping a close eye on our situation, however I doubt it's FGR., imagine they'll want someone with a more proven C.V
I thought that at first but I can confirm it is not FGR but another national league club who have just announced their manager will be leaving.
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

forevertufc wrote:It is being suggested by a well known poster on another forum, that there is another conference club keeping a close eye on our situation, however I doubt it's FGR., imagine they'll want someone with a more proven C.V
Agree very unlikely to be FGR my guess would be Aldershot
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Southampton Gull wrote:Despite Nicholson proving the doubters wrong it will soon be confirmed that Harrop will take over as Manager.

His close links to the new owner make his deluded ambitions a serious reality. If we don't let our thoughts on that become loud and clear we could be in trouble. He even has a backup plan to become DOF which Nicholson will obviously view with horror. Make no mistake that this is seriously about to happen.
Not very often does SG open a thread and indeed most of his under world contact information is usually right. I have a conspiracy theory, that SG might have been correct at the time of the post, but the overwhelming support for nicho on here and numerous social media has somehow changed the decision, what ever well done Dave , you have in a nut shell set the cats amongst the pigeons
Lucy
Clive205
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Colin Lee

Post by Clive205 »

lucy6lucy wrote: Not very often does SG open a thread and indeed most of his under world contact information is usually right. I have a conspiracy theory, that SG might have been correct at the time of the post, but the overwhelming support for nicho on here and numerous social media has somehow changed the decision, what ever well done Dave , you have in a nut shell set the cats amongst the pigeons
Where's the evidence that SG was correct with his assertions and where's the evidence that the uproar on here after his post had any effect?

Don't believe everything you read in the paper.
KlinK
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by KlinK »

I was told a few weeks ago that the takeover was dependent upon the new stadium but this was virtually a done deal with the council and shouldn't prove a stumbling block. At the same time I was informed that Geoff Harrop would be the new CEO and the budget would be in the region of £400,000. It was not clear what this budget covered but I assumed it was the playing budget.

My information came from someone who has been proved correct in the past more often or not however I appreciate that Southampton Gull's information is also often proved to be correct so who knows.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

the fact is they will install whoever they want and it wont matter want the fans want weather it be nico, harrop or leroy rosenior, but nico will still be manager and harrop probably will be ceo or youth team manager and if we do move from plainmoor in a few seasons then so be it, many clubs have moved from there old grounds to new ones and many more will follow.its the sign of the times.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Clive205 wrote:
Where's the evidence that SG was correct with his assertions and where's the evidence that the uproar on here after his post had any effect?

Don't believe everything you read in the paper.

No, don't believe everything you read in the paper. If Harrop thinks I've done him a disservice he knows my name and can take any action he feels he needs to....................... or not !!!
KlinK wrote:I was told a few weeks ago that the takeover was dependent upon the new stadium but this was virtually a done deal with the council and shouldn't prove a stumbling block. At the same time I was informed that Geoff Harrop would be the new CEO and the budget would be in the region of £400,000. It was not clear what this budget covered but I assumed it was the playing budget.

My information came from someone who has been proved correct in the past more often or not however I appreciate that Southampton Gull's information is also often proved to be correct so who knows.

Exactly as I heard it originally. We all know how Edwards abused his position and if Harrop feels he can do the same then he needs to know how the fans would feel ......................
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

From what I am led to believe the youth team is to be re-established. If true then we are putting a youth team coach in a role of CEO? Does that not seem a little strange to anyone else?!

I too worry about where the power will lie in this set-up. It simply will not work if Harrop is constantly interfering on the playing side of the club. Hopefully this will not be another Edwards power trip which led to so many problems and financial difficulties (after we had to the blagging bullsh1tter off).
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Richinns wrote:From what I am led to believe the youth team is to be re-established. If true then we are putting a youth team coach in a role of CEO? Does that not seem a little strange to anyone else.
interesting thought process there!

If we are to create a youth system from scratch, with no ancillary funding, then who better to have the person making decisions at the club someone who knows youth football inside out?

There are many reasons not to have harrop as CEO but surely that's one of the few things in his favouR!
Wellswood
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Allen

Post by Wellswood »

This whole thread is pure speculation.
gateman49
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: George McBrearty

Post by gateman49 »

Not all of it.

We look forward and speculate on the future and we look backwards and comment on the past. If we don't look forward with one one eye on what has gone before we are fools.
Wellswood
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Allen

Post by Wellswood »

But the people from the past are not involved with the club now. I just don't see the point in raising fears over the every detail when no one on here knows any facts about what will happen. It is healthy to discuss, but why is every discussion so negative?