Harrop

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

agree with that wellswood, its seems we are never happy on here, we need to look forward to getting new owners into the club and push on! as ive said before nobody else is queing up to buy the club so lets look forward and hopefully a return to the football league
its seems that everything that happens people want to pick up all the negative things.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

ROADRUNNER wrote:agree with that wellswood, its seems we are never happy on here, we need to look forward to getting new owners into the club and push on! as ive said before nobody else is queing up to buy the club so lets look forward and hopefully a return to the football league
its seems that everything that happens people want to pick up all the negative things.

Lol, remember how you were posting a short while ago? ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

ROADRUNNER wrote:the fact is they will install whoever they want and it wont matter want the fans want weather it be nico, harrop or leroy rosenior, but nico will still be manager and harrop probably will be ceo or youth team manager and if we do move from plainmoor in a few seasons then so be it, many clubs have moved from there old grounds to new ones and many more will follow.its the sign of the times.
'Bout time we had Leroy back as our 5-Minute Manager!

Nicho is the most intelligent, resilient and strategic-thinking manager we have had at the club for years and years. It would be a disaster to replace him. But for Nicho's sake and self-respect, I'm half-hoping he is signed up by his old club FGR and gets them promoted.
TUST member 200 ;-)
cider-gull
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Jason Fowler

Post by cider-gull »

First time I've posted for years (infact I had to re register) but this news has been a call to arms. I had no issues with Geoff Harrop during his previous spell with the Club but the idea this form of jobs for the boys scenario may be hatching has made me feel a little sick inside.
I made the 150 mile round trip throughout this bleak footballing winter and at times the enjoyment factor was pretty thin, but I kept going and eventually the sun well and truly shined over Plainmoor. The news that the man most responsible for this turn around could be squeezed would find me doing something else on a saturday afternoon next season.
The £200 season ticket is quite a deal but I'll pass it over for the present. Dave Phillips and Steve Breed please help us!
Wellswood
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Allen

Post by Wellswood »

"First time I've posted for years (infact I had to re register) but this news has been a call to arms. I had no issues with Geoff Harrop during his previous spell with the Club but the idea this form of jobs for the boys scenario may be hatching has made me feel a little sick inside.
I made the 150 mile round trip throughout this bleak footballing winter and at times the enjoyment factor was pretty thin, but I kept going and eventually the sun well and truly shined over Plainmoor. The news that the man most responsible for this turn around could be squeezed would find me doing something else on a saturday afternoon next season.
The £200 season ticket is quite a deal but I'll pass it over for the present. Dave Phillips and Steve Breed please help us!"

how about, lets not panic and assume, this is nothing more than a rumour, but then as we all know, rumours in football ALWAYS come true don't they.
ROADRUNNER
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: clint boulton

Post by ROADRUNNER »

Know i havent forgotton dave. and im no different to anyone else. but am trying to look at the positives this time.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

I've been doing that all season :-D
Dave

Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

http://m.torquayheraldexpress.co.uk/TOR ... story.html

To me, Those aren't the words of someone who thinks his contract isn't being renewed/being sacked/being forced out.

Interesting to see him say that GI have similar ambitions/ways of thinking as him. Maybe the prophets of doom on here were a bit further from the mark than they thought.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Can't speak for anyone else but I'm perfectly happy with everything I've posted ;-)
Dave

Kit_robin
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by Kit_robin »

Southampton Gull wrote:Can't speak for anyone else but I'm perfectly happy with everything I've posted ;-)
Wasn't a dig, particularly, I'm sure you were acting in good faith; just seems all the quotes from nicho, both today and on Facebook, don't seem to tally with what's being talked about on here.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

To be fair, Harrop's record as manager at Plainmoor is better than any that have gone before, or after, him.

;-)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Did we not play only one game under him and draw? The 1-1 with Morecambe? I don't remember him doing any other games.

If so than we've definitely had managers before and since with a better ratio than 1.00 points per game. Some have been worse though...
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

Yes, but an unbeaten record, home or away, throughout their tenure - I think not!
TUST member 200 ;-)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Wasn't the team in reality managed by Lee Mansell/Kevin Nicholson v Morecambe, seem to remember all Harrop did that day, was stand in the technical area, waving his hands around like some demented aeroplane ground controller trying to get the crowd to make some noise.
Formerly known as forevertufc
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

forevertufc wrote:Wasn't the team in reality managed by Lee Mansell/Kevin Nicholson v Morecambe, seem to remember all Harrop did that day, was stand in the technical area, waving his hands around like some demented aeroplane ground controller trying to get the crowd to make some noise.
That game the team played well and the side was well balanced. If Harrop picked the side I can't knock, that but this situation is different someone has earned the right to manage this club and the club needs to get this right.