Club Ownership

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tommy Mitchinson

Post by bringbackthecowshed »

:scarf: I am pleased you admit to having it horribly wrong
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

What would I know, I'm just a keyboard wanker, right?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

bringbackthecowshed wrote::scarf: I am pleased you admit to having it horribly wrong
You were saying earlier about meeting(s) with the new owners re fan representation? Care to elaborate on that with when and what occurred?
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

Join TUOSC if you haven't already and you will be sent details that goes out to all members by email
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

bringbackthecowshed wrote:Join TUOSC if you haven't already and you will be sent details that goes out to all members by email
Blimey. Hadn't realised the whole thing needs shrouding in secrecy, phipsy. Never get this sort of thing with Andrew Candy.
bringbackthecowshed
On the Bench
On the Bench

No secret to the TUOSC members
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Dodgy Dave's TUOSC? No thanks.
Dave

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

bringbackthecowshed wrote:No secret to the TUOSC members
And the Andrew Candy point still stands. Why the hush hush if you're lauding it, Dave? Straight forward fan enquiry.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Who really cares about the official or unofficial supporters club.

All I know is that Dave Phillips and his band of merry men have left the club right up shit creek, having sold it to a bunch of property developers who care less about the club than our nearest rivals do.

Until money is actually properly invested into this club, until I see passion from the owners regarding my club, until I see commitment from the owners that they are with this club for the right reason and until I see proper engagement with the fans, I will remain completely sceptical about their plans.

Really disappointed with how the old owners, who lest we forget were/are supporters, have left this club, and how they treated previous employees (Steve Breed anybody....)

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

"keyboard wanker"

Be careful of what you wish for.

What the accuser accuses the keyboard brethren of, the accuser is guilty of himself.

Dave Phillips : THE key Board wanker.

QED (quod erat demonstrandum).

:engflag:
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

TUOSC, TUST?
Can't we get our sh*t in one sock.

I'm thankful that we are still playing in 2017 as our club has been on the slide since the sad departure of Paul Bristow.

As far as I am concerned, everything from GI onwards is a bonus.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
SenorDingDong
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by SenorDingDong »

kevgull wrote:TUOSC, TUST?
Can't we get our sh*t in one sock.

I'm thankful that we are still playing in 2017 as our club has been on the slide since the sad departure of Paul Bristow.

As far as I am concerned, everything from GI onwards is a bonus.
We do have our shit in one sock. There is one fans organisation in the Bay and it's name is TUST.

The whole point of TUOSC is to muddy the waters, split the fans and enable the board to treat us as nothing more than revenue. Divide and Conquer. The old board were on board with it because they were in thrall to Peter Masters and too naive to see it, GI are on board with it because it suits their desire to run the club down and make money on a property development.

The very fact you're suggesting that the fans 'need to get our shit in one sock' when TUOSC has far less members than TUST and is much younger as an organisation, shows that they are suceeding in their aims.

TUST is equivocally not the old fashion happy clappy lets support the club no matter what and dare not criticise the board because they're all our feudal overlords and always know better, no matter how pig shit they are at their job, kind of organisation. It represents the fans, defends the fans and provides a voice...for the fans. None of which this new club aligned glorified revenue stream does.

In a time when the last two boards have utterly wasted Paul Bristow's legacy and spunked away a stable L2 position, this kind of organisation is needed more than ever.

Unfortunately unlike *certain people*, members of this forum and members of TUST are savvy enough to see Peter Masters and GI for what they are and will not be taken in by them. There will come a time for the TUST in the coming years mark my words.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

:goodpost:

I'll keep saying it until I'm blue in the face. GI are not to be trusted, have no interest in a successful club and are only here to make money at the clubs expense, maybe even demise. It's that simple and no amount of hope is going to change that. The fight is on to save the club, the sooner people realise that the better.
Dave

Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Rjc70 »

Gullscorer wrote:I'm trying to count the conspiracy theories.. ;-)
At the links at the bottom of your post or are we talking about your trust 'issues'? ❤️

Loving the no punches pulled approach Senor DD and Dave. (Not that Dave, admin Dave ;-)) As someone who has seen empty promises, manufactured division and the death of a club before, it's a bit of a lift to read after that other keyboard w*nking earlier.

Roll on Sunday.