Ineligibility Hearing put Back a Week

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Ineligibility Hearing put Back a Week

Post by GulldenBoy »

FYI http://www.thisissouthdevon.co.uk/tufc/ ... ticle.html

I wish they'd bloody well get this over and done with!
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

A 3 point deduction could well relegate Hereford at the moment - something I'm pretty sure they'll want to avoid causing. Likewise, I doubt they'd want to meddle in the promotion race - they even backed out of this with Chesterfield a few years ago.

IIRC, they delayed the Bury (1 point deduction) and Hartlepool (3 point deduction) decisions until they were effectively safe.

In all honesty I think Hereford at most will get 3 points knocked off, whilst we get no points deducted, but a much bigger fine (to account for the other previous unknown error).
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

I've been saying this all along Bas. There is no precedent for taking points from sides who haven't earned them while playing ineligible men. To set one now, with us being where we are with so few matches remaining would clearly be grounds for appeal that the sentence was manifestly excessive. No judge, in any capacity from Court of Appeal to Torbay's most beautiful turnip contest wants their decision to be appealed.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

Exactly!

Points deductions are used to deduct points that were gained "unfairly". So ineligible players - points gained when player has been wrongly played. Administration - 10 points deducted from excessive spending (having better players than they could afford) and fraud.

All our points have been won fair and square.

The fine we receive could be very nasty though. No points deduction doesn't mean we'll get away scot free.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I think I'd actually rather have a points deduction than a fine. A points deduction will allow Buckle to use the old classic 'siege mentality' during his team talks but a hefty fine could mean the difference between signing up players like Stanley, Oastler and perhaps Robinson (if he wants to stay) or not. Points are regainable, but I don't think money is quite so easy to get back for Torquay.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I take your point Camb, but money is only money, points are what we play for and it could be terribly damaging to morale if the points they have all worked so hard to accumilate are taken away (unjustly).
Does anyone else think that the FL are playing for time at the moment while they see how our respective seasons pan out? It just seems to me that they have already taken their sweet ass time over this and to ask for an extension doesn't add up. They will have made a decision and checked the legal/rule issues before they announced the date, so I can see no good reason for the delay. I can only assume they are looking to see how both teams are doing before doing anything which may affect the remainder of the season.
It is still my opinion, as I have said above, that we will NOT lose any points and, should we, an appeal would immediately be launched.

Matt.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

ferrarilover wrote:I take your point Camb, but money is only money, points are what we play for and it could be terribly damaging to morale if the points they have all worked so hard to accumilate are taken away (unjustly).
Does anyone else think that the FL are playing for time at the moment while they see how our respective seasons pan out? It just seems to me that they have already taken their sweet ass time over this and to ask for an extension doesn't add up. They will have made a decision and checked the legal/rule issues before they announced the date, so I can see no good reason for the delay. I can only assume they are looking to see how both teams are doing before doing anything which may affect the remainder of the season.
It is still my opinion, as I have said above, that we will NOT lose any points and, should we, an appeal would immediately be launched.

Matt.
I think they're mainly waiting on our season. They surely can't allow Hereford to keep the 3 points they won and they're waiting to see whether they can deduct points off us. The longer they leave it, the more p*ssed off we'll be. They might as well say they'll review it at the end of the season.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
Steve23
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Steve23 »

Does anyone know if this happened?
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Steve, do you not think there might have been mention of it on a thread on here or on the OS if it had?

No mate, it hasn't yet, it's this week sometime, I will PM you personally when we know more. :-D

Matt.
Starcross_Gull
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by Starcross_Gull »

Its Wednesday at Ashton Gate, Dean Edwards announced it No Tens yesterday, having a joke with Bill Phillips!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Cheers Lou, I thought it was Wednesday, but couldn't be arsed to look it up and wasn't sufficiently sure to post it here. I know it's old news, but I think it's worth mentioning again the sensible decision to hold the hearing in Brizzle, rather than lugging everyone to London. Hopefully, this sensible, moderate attitude will continue into their sanctions.

Matt.
Jerry
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Jerry »

I'm hoping that Football365 have had a sneak preview of the verdict as they seem to think we have gained 2 points!! ;-)

http://stats.football365.com/dom/ENG/D3/lgetab.html
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

I'm thinking of showing up at Ashton Gate on Wednesday with a placard......... or am I being too passionate/worried?
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Nothing wrong with passion ,prehaps a tad worried maybe,the worst case hear should be a loss of no more than 3 points which would leave us two points off the play-off's so not season ending,whilst that would end any hopes of an automatic spot however.

Any more than 3 points i would say,the club would have been stitched up like a kipper.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Why has it taken so long to sort this out ?

Its because the blazers at FA headquarters are reading ours and Hereford's fans forums for guidance.

Hereford : points deducted, no fine.

Torquay : fine, no points deducted.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"