TUFC TV - CLARKE OSBORNE

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

MellowYellow wrote: 06 Apr 2017, 21:31 Kevgull don't be so negative - as Clarke Osborne says 'just another run on the ladder' So National League South next season and just another 2 runs on the ladder for us to gain EVO-STIK League Southern status in time for the initial foundations of the housing development to be laid on the hallow ground of Plainmoor. So GI's 5 year plan is working! I'm putting my name down for the Penthouse Suite to be built on the 'Popside'.
:lol:
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
kevgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by kevgull »

Royalmgull wrote: 06 Apr 2017, 21:52 Mr Osborne is all we have , so just have to take what he says at face value . I for one was ready too join any protest against GI , but now feel he at least deserves the chance to prove what he says is the truth ...... Let's try and back him and the club until proven otherwise :scarf:
I think that we can all fully support the building of a new stadium, with a contracted, very long term rentable value (90 years plus) before handing over the Keys and Covenants to RSL.
Life is like TUFC. Perfect moments can be had, but not preserved, except in memory. :goal:
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

History has already proven otherwise. How many examples do you need?
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Whether you think he is a force for good or a force for evil; the plain FACT is he is the only 'force'

Breedy has a valid point; the questioning of approved questions was so tame it was cringeworthy but don't be so naïve as to expect anything different on the TV medium of the owner. It's no different than the Herald Express under their proprietorship questioning the local politicians of ToryBay is it; the Sun questioning Rupert Murdoch or the Evening Standard George Osborne..........my God, get real!

It will be the same next week with Geoff Harrop and the week after with whoever else they put in front of the camera.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

westyorkshiregull wrote: 06 Apr 2017, 20:31 What avenues do we have merse with the freehold of ground. What if they plainly don't sell
I'd be very surprised if in the current political climate they do not put the freehold on the market and for that everyone of you reading this who votes Conservative can look in the mirror and ask yourself did YOU not (in reality) bring this about?

In the event that Osborne does not get what he anticipates; then I've no doubt he will treat the acquisition of the club as a capital venture and attempt to move it on ~ that's what Mike Bateson did and to the best of my knowledge he held out and got his price for it so as not to lose any money on a considerably long ownership ~ and there are people out there who would love to acquire it.

The problem with that is; the longer it takes to sell the less inclined he will be to fund it adequately and the longer it is underfunded, the less attractive it becomes as a going concern.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

So I assume merse then ; call me thick but they / he will want there money at the very least. Just on that basis we will need a knight in shining armour if it turns out they want rid. I can't see how we will survive
Could this club be run say with someone with little money

I can't see a good way out here.
Plainmoor78
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by Plainmoor78 »

If he has invested £500k already then he will want to recuperate that if he sells. That would massively overvalue the club and I cannot see anybody willing to pay that price.
Mike Bateson wanted £1 million for the club when he wanted to sell when we were still a football league club, surely a conference south club is not worth £500k plus.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

What this club does not need is a 'knight in shining armour' we had one before in the Bristows and through that the club got complacent with ancillary revenue needs and profligate with ambivolence towards the football management.

What the club does need is a realistic and hard headed businessman and in reality this is what it has here and in reality no-one in their right mind should anticipate him being likely to act as a knight, a benefactor or any other idiot who might chuck their money away on an unsustainable business model.

I've done what I would recommend anyone else to do and that is listen and watch the interview again. I've taken on board that Osborne does state, and that is that there is investment needed on and is being made at Plainmoor itself; so I await to read/hear the detail of that.

Blue sky thinking I know; but Bristows Bench (being the optimum viewing part of the stadium) ludicrously has no corporate facilities and that could well be the primary object of his comments; the floodlights including the near sixty year old pylons are old and past their sell by date. The pitch drainage is a scandal since Bristows was built and surely there is scope to install a 'pop-up' licensed facility behind the away end on matchdays which would ensure more revenue to the club if done sensibly and only operated when numbers justify.

The franchises need terminating and converting to club ownership and I believe that is a realm that Bill Glass of Gaming International has been directed to oversee and make implamentation to, and as has already been made public the IT operation at the club is being taken into the GI house so that the club may benefit from those resources.........there is much to do and much that has been neglected and overlooked in the past decade it is untrue.
gullpower
First Regular
First Regular

Post by gullpower »

He says all the right things but can he be believed?

If the Ciuncil won't sell GI the freehold "we'll have to look again" sounds like a treat - support us or else.
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

merse btpir wrote: 06 Apr 2017, 23:51
What the club does need is a realistic and hard headed businessman and in reality this is what it has here and in reality no-one in their right mind should anticipate him being likely to act as a knight, a benefactor or any other idiot who might chuck their money away on an unsustainable business model.

I've done what I would recommend anyone else to do and that is listen and watch the interview again. I've taken on board that Osborne does state, and that is that there is investment needed on and is being made at Plainmoor itself; so I await to read/hear the detail of that.
Totally agree - from a business perspective what he said made a lot of sense namely, take a step back and try and operate within our means for a while and then implement a strategy to regain football league status. I almost want to say this is exactly the man we need at the helm - except I don't trust him!

We all know it is relatively easy to take out £1m by being the owner of a football club. All you have to do is first put in £2m. It is still the case that buying a non-league football club is unlikely to yield a return unless you have an ulterior motive that is non-football related. And that is the hub of the question - what is the motive?

I think we all know the answer to that question!
londongull63
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by londongull63 »

Why, with all the gossip and comments/opinions normally on Facebook and here, has hardly anyone reacted to Osborne's interview answering fans' questions
Do people not believe what he says, or have they seen this and he's winning the critics over.

Much as I admire NIcho for his dedication, hard work, passion, love and loyalty to the club if Osborne is telling the truth and TUFC's budget was among the top half of those in the National League, the money hasn't been spent well if we're languishing down at the bottom because we shouldn't be - the implication being Nicho's team has underperformed.

And if the budget is better than half our league now, what was going on before Xmas that led to us being so destitute that we were on the brink of going into administration.
lucy6lucy
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Chris Myers

Post by lucy6lucy »

Are you for real? Might want to look at on-line questionnaire thread? Or numerous other thread topics on the forum Either your thick or just trying to wind many people up. End this thread NOW

Admin- have merged the two topics
Lucy
Royalmgull
New Signing
New Signing

Post by Royalmgull »

All opinions matter , free world and all . Might be something in what London gull is saying . Maybe Clarke doesn't see nicho as the right man , with enough experience to take the club forward .... Would like too see nicho tell it as it is . A lot to learn in relation to management skills and would like to see him get chance , but not my money .
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by merse btpir »

lucy6lucy wrote: 07 Apr 2017, 02:37 End this thread NOW
If you want a proper debate that balances all sides of an issue then you can't expect to have a cheerleading exercise which is what you appear to want Lucy.

A debate won is not one at all if it has not been carried out with pros and cons from two sides of the room. I thought we'd had enough Bristow inspired cheerleading taking place to the all round ignorance of the waste, profligacy and all round neglect of good business practice to last a lifetime; but it seems not.
SteveDeckchair
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Sir Alex Russell
Watches from: Pop side

Post by SteveDeckchair »

I wonder if the budget being talked about includes our new scout and Geoff Harrop? Can't see any other way that a squad of 16 has turned into a mid table budget.
Mmmmmm, beeeeeeeer.