Ineligibility Hearing put Back a Week

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Replay the game! We can't lose.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Replay the game, we can't lose.

Matt.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

I think it has taken a long time for a number of reasons,i think even i am prepared to defend the F.A over this case,i do not think this has ever happen before,where by two teams have played an ineligible player in the same match,so no president set.

Also what is making this a tad more difficult to sort out is our current league position affects promotion issue's and there's relegation,so the F.A are going to have check the legal position on this,as whatever decision they take could affect who goes up,and down,a points deduction could stop us from going up,and relegate Hereford,or if the F.A chose to fine us both,just imagine how things might kick-off,if we scrape into the play-off's or go up automaticly by a gap of 3 points or less,and Hereford stay in the league with a gap of 3 points or less .

It would have easier to sort out if the game had been drawn,as a 1 point deducton for both clubs would end up fair and even,where by a 3 point decduction for both clubs in this case would mean,Hereford would profit by 3 points over us,as they won the game.

I think the F.A have rather senisbly dragged there heels on this one,to see or hope that Hereford climbed the table in to mid table safety,and hoped that we might have slipped down the table in to mid table safety,that way it would have been an easy decision.

Deduct 3 points of us both,and in the grand scheme of things both us and hereford would have lost nothing,and it would not have affected any other club in term's of promotion and relegation,however as it has panned out,what ever decision,the F.A come up with now,is going to upset one club or another.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

We gained NO points through this game. Hereford gained three illegal points due to fielding an ineligible player.

Easy decision for me - deduct the points the teams have gained by fielding the illegal player and fine both clubs - as has been the norm in the past.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

The fact that both teams did it in the same game should have no bearing on the outcome and should be treated as if they were playing different teams at different points of the season - hence two separate incidents. There's no reason why they shouldn't.

I believe this is why they never tamper with goal difference, as treating them as two separate incidents remains possible.

I also noticed how Bury fans are the saying how we should get 3 points deducted on another messageboard - because we broke the rules and the fact we didn't win should have no bearing. Someone should remind them that they did the same thing a couple of years back whilst fighting relegation and got just the one point deducted for their draw before they get on their high horse.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Oh Bas, this is a worthy effort, but nothing compared with the Accrington take on things. The guy who started the thread about this incident on their thread posed 18, yes EIGHTEEN points as a fair penalty.

Mentioning points deductions in relation to the offence we have committed and the result simply is not an option. It's not within what a magistrate would call 'sentencing guidelines'. Discussing a points deduction for this is a bit like discussing the length of the prison sentence likely for a guy caught doing 75 on the motorway, it simply is not an offence (with a result) which will attract a points deduction.

Matt.
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

The club are not expecting a points deduction, and this goes back to hartlepool last year and under appeal they had the points removed
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

ferrarilover wrote:Oh Bas, this is a worthy effort, but nothing compared with the Accrington take on things. The guy who started the thread about this incident on their thread posed 18, yes EIGHTEEN points as a fair penalty.

Mentioning points deductions in relation to the offence we have committed and the result simply is not an option. It's not within what a magistrate would call 'sentencing guidelines'. Discussing a points deduction for this is a bit like discussing the length of the prison sentence likely for a guy caught doing 75 on the motorway, it simply is not an offence (with a result) which will attract a points deduction.

Matt.
I wouldnt take anything Accrington fans say seriously. Especially as Ive been arguing with a few slating our away followings when the take about ten fans everywhere!

He knew I was right and started throwing insults which was nice.
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

ferrarilover wrote:Mentioning points deductions in relation to the offence we have committed and the result simply is not an option. It's not within what a magistrate would call 'sentencing guidelines'. Discussing a points deduction for this is a bit like discussing the length of the prison sentence likely for a guy caught doing 75 on the motorway, it simply is not an offence (with a result) which will attract a points deduction.Matt.
Perhaps you should look at the guidelines before making a ruling Matt :rules:
Any Club playing an unregistered Player in a League Match may have three points deducted from its score and/or be liable to such other penalty as the Board may decide.
FL regulations (40.2)

The fact that "usually" its only points won while fielding unregistered player, doesnt mean always...

Keeping my fingers crossed though :whistle:
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I don't think it would be fair for us to have points taken. We gained nothing in that match, any points taken would have been gained from games that we played legally.
Other teams fans can say what they want, they just want us out of the picture to increase their play off chances.
I don't want a massive fine either but we have to be punished somehow, so give us the bigger fine and take the points from Hereford. If we get into the play offs we can then hopefully get that money back.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

I'm not interested in what the regulations state Fletch, it simply won't happen and that was the point of my post. They won't use a points deduction as a punishment, in the same way that the guy in my example won't go to prison. It may well be in the allowable punishments, but they won't do it because it's disproportional to the offence.

Matt.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

A financial penalty of some description must a certain for both clubs it is just the points issue which will cause issue.

What ever happens to one club must surely happen to the other, so if Hereford get deducted 3 points I can see we will as well.
I did hear somewhere that the maximum point deduction is 3 points for this type of enquiry.

We would all hope we do not get points deducted for a back office c@ck up, I am sure some heads are rolling any way after the last few errors in the back office, but a points deduction will cause havock to the club and the fans.
gulls_aloud
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by gulls_aloud »

Trying to settle my nerves by restating things as I see them:

February 1st 2011
Torquay United 1 Hereford 3

We lost the 3 points on the day
Our goal margin was -2
We came out of the game worse off
We immediately admitted our mistake of playing an ineligible player
We have been waiting more than 3 months for our hearing

We made a mistake, had the integrity to admit it at once and in my opinion should be fined because we gained nothing from our mistake. If previous misdemeanors need to be taken into account, that should be reflected in the size of the fine. The sanction is not set in stone, surely in order to take individual circumstances, results etc into account. That's why I think the decision for Hereford and other clubs should be irrelevant to our fortunes.

We now find ourselves in the play-off mix. It is therefore not outside the realms of possibility that any points deduction would have to be appealed/resolved very quicky to determine which clubs will/won't be in the play-offs next month.

Can't wait to move on from this once and for all.

Still keeping the faith!!!
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend

Post by ferrarilover »

Forgot to ask earlier, Alex, where is this argument and what is it about?

Matt.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Fletch wrote: Perhaps you should look at the guidelines before making a ruling Matt :rules:
FL regulations (40.2)

The fact that "usually" its only points won while fielding unregistered player, doesnt mean always...

Keeping my fingers crossed though :whistle:
The highlighted words state may, not will.
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"