Ineligibility Hearing put Back a Week

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I don't get why they think what we have done is so much worse? We both fielded inelligible players. I assume it's because we have made this mistake before and as mentioned probably why we've lost an extra point whereas they have just lost what they gained.
I don't want them relegated either, especially not because of this.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Considering this is not our first offence,and what the F/L could have taken off us points wise,i am happy with this.

We know where the club stand now,the team are still 7th ,played the same number of games as our rivals now,so the play-off's are still in our hands,i think/demand the club take this on the chin and move on,an appeal could see the points deduction increased to 3 points,so just dont do it,not worht the risk with the position that 1 point deduction has left us in,and it would mean this dragging all the way into may,not knowing where we ar going to end up .

So stand togehther,remain united,and lets go for promotion,COYY :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Bucks has also been fined £1000 and I believe received a 1 game ban from the touchline. Stems from the game against Real Cobblers at the Nor' Camp.

I think our point deduction is more down to previous history than the actual event although I'm confident we'll appeal it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
CP Gull

Post by CP Gull »

I never thought that we would be deducted three points but it did occur to me that we might end up with a single point deduction.

That said, I honestly don't believe that this would have been the outcome IF Hereford hadn't have made the same mistake in the SAME match. I reckon it would have been nailed on that we would just have got a fine and the result (a 3-1 deefeat) would have been allowed to stand. I genuinely beieve that this "decision" has come about because the FL panel wanted to try to be seen as being equitable to BOTH teams i.e Hereford were punished with a points deduction so why shouldn't we be?

I think it's harsh on Hereford, but not unexpected, given that points gained in a match where an ineligible player has played are usually deducted. However the precedent of punishing teams with points deductions for playing ineligible players in games where no points and no advantage has been gained is a dangerous one in my opinion. Of course, in the big scheme of things this sort of thing only ever happens to the "little" clubs who have to operate on skeleton staff and so I doubt such an event would ever occur at one of the "big boys" but can you imagine the outcry if such a decision was handed down to one of them and it cost them a promotion, or a championship or relegated tham as a consequence!

The inevitable scenario, just waiting to happen, is that we will now either miss out on automatic promotion by one point or perhaps more likely a play off spot by one point! :@

I'm not sure whether the club will appeal or not but whatever the outcome lessons must be learned! Letting important people at the club go off on holiday at such crucial times is simply not on and clearly a better system of ensuring these things don't go wrong must be put in place.

I would imagine that Bucks and the players must be absolutely fuming at this outcome as putting it into context it means, for instance, that that last minute equaliser that Brano earned us up at Macclesfield a few weeks back was all for nothing! :@
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

I think a lot of people from Hereford are blowing the "previous" out of proportion - or have got the wrong end of the stick

Our previous isn't an ineligible player - or anything that bad - which I get the impression they think it is.

Our previous is something very minor that we don't even fully know about - and a lot of clubs at this level have made such offences, but clubs generally don't tell the fans unless they need to.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

i understand what people are saying about the point deduction being as a result of this not being our first offence, but surely that would only be "legal" if in previous hearing we were given a "suspended 1 point deduction" ?? if that wasn't the case, this instance should've been treated as a stand-alone offence.

i'm probably wrong, but then again, the suits do tend to make up the rules as they go along, and it's easy for them to shit on the little guys.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

cant believe they have deducted us a point.

just been on sky sports news that both teams are appealing.

the precident had been set with barca accrington when they didnt get a deduction!

f.l = useless bas***ds! :@
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

I'd have thought the none suspension of the fine was as a result of the previous offence - whatever it was.

I'm interested to see the FL statement with their justification, as their previous statements have said that the deduction was for the points earned in the match(es) in question.

Sets an unwelcome precedent in my view, and I'd say that whatever club I support.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:cant believe they have deducted us a point.

just been on sky sports news that both teams are appealing.

the precident had been set with barca accrington when they didnt get a deduction!

f.l = useless bas***ds! :@
Even worse is that Accrington had done the exact same offence before in the JPT Trophy (ie they had much worse previous)
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

regiment0609 wrote:i understand what people are saying about the point deduction being as a result of this not being our first offence, but surely that would only be "legal" if in previous hearing we were given a "suspended 1 point deduction" ?? if that wasn't the case, this instance should've been treated as a stand-alone offence.

i'm probably wrong, but then again, the suits do tend to make up the rules as they go along, and it's easy for them to sh*t on the little guys.

Carragers tackle on Nani (deliberately trying to break a fellow professionals leg) - yellow card and no action after the game taken.

Torquay fielding an ineligible player because of a mistake due to a combination of bizarre transfer rules and a genuine admin error (and gain nothing from this) - 1 point deduction an 10k fine (in Man Utd and Chelsea terms that s about £10 million)

Think you might be right!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

I agree with Mr Regiment and CP - unless we were given an official warning or suspended sentence for 'the previous offence' then there is no precedent for this kind of punishment.

If we haven't appealed yet, I am certain we will, but we should leave it until the very end of the 28 days to make the FL sweat over having to possibly delay the playoffs.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

Either way if we have 28 days to appeal, that will take us to the 4th May.
Another decision needs to be made by the FL before last game of the season, because it could affect play offs and promotions.

Personally even if we do appeal I doubt anything will come of it. Just glad I am not a Hereford fan right now. Struggling at the bottom, having a late run of good results to then be thrown down a few places. Also to be deducted 3 points where as we only got one.... te he, does this mean we beat them 3-1 PMSL
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Joke decision really. I can accept the fine. But docking us a point of which we gained FAIRLY Is a joke.

Weve been hit worse really. Hereford lose nothing and we lose a point....

Same old inconsitant useless FL.

Hereford have no right to apeal theres. They lost what they gained...
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

After what happened to Hartlepool last season who's appeal failed,they increased the points deduction which so nearly relegated them,an appeal by us hear would be totaly foolish in my opinion,you will not change there minds,we will just end up worse.

This 1 point deduction has changed nothing in terms of our play-off chance's,and very little in term's of any automatic promotion chance,with the teams we still have to play.

Let this make the team more determined than ever to win our remaining games,because with the likes of Wycombe and Port Vale etc to come at home,win's will still put us up.
Formerly known as forevertufc