Gary Owers

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: mark loram

Post by westyorkshiregull »

Some clubs seem to have that disease of failure and misery and it now seems we have that. Never knew just how good the good times was.

As my late uncle once told me when I went through a rough patch myself years ago " keep believing "
arcadia
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Jake Andrews

Post by arcadia »

Your late uncle is right I've been in that situation when taking over a club and when you get that first point you inbed it in the players mindsto believe that they can do it again.
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Thanks Gary.

I think officially you now become a club legend for making such an indelible mark on the history of the football club.

Thanks again.
Rjc70
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by Rjc70 »

My guess is if we manage to get 40 points, he will be retained as our manager next season in Conference South. No faith in Osborne and Harrop to ensure anything different. However, 40 points is some distance away, and probably not achievable by this manager and set of players.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Gary Owers should have walked, He is selfish. He cannot do the job. He had his time, Just walk away!

They wont sack him, Its embarrassing! The clubs a mess. Our club!

Took 6 months to find the striker who was suppose to do the job. Who has yet to score. (Happy we took the riak with williams)

Took a month to replace Nicholson.

Its awful, I just want this season to end.

Gat Owers is now a meme.

'Torquay United are no longer rubbish' October 25th.

March 11th we are 23rd, Looking doomed.

We would'nt be in this situation with Nicholson. Although would I want him back? No. We need to move on. We also need to mov eon without Owers. He could'nt even do the job with Bath.

Dreading August already....
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Has to go ...not trying to add or join a debate owers v nicho but its hard to argue nicho would have done any worse. Mind you who could have done any worse.

No fight and no desire.

Players just not good enough

Rotten all season from top to bottom
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Les Lawrence

Post by greb46 »

Can't imagine any manager having managed for most of the season in any league being so inept and still remain in their post,he may as well get a post managing an ice hockey team as he probably knows as much about that as managing a football club
MellowYellow
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Scott

Post by MellowYellow »

Can anyone enlighten me as to where Reece Mitchell has disappeared too. After Owers brought him to Torquay it was confirmed by Torquay United that he signed a contract to the end of the season, so I assume he is still on the payroll and still a Torquay player.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Hammdog2601 wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 19:51 Owers. He could'nt even do the job with Bath.
The epitome of modern man; he graduated from a Bath to a shower! :clap:
westyorkshiregull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

merse btpir wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 20:44 The epitome of modern man; he graduated from a Bath to a shower! :clap:
Very good
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

And certainly hasnt made anything Gel
Yorkieandy
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Kev Nic

Post by Yorkieandy »

Yes. I think the Gulls squad is less power shower and more flower shower.

Cower shower for when they need to step up and get a game by the balls. This is where they all head.

Dour shower. Where they go after another embarrassing capitulation by the likes of Guiseley.

Hour shower. The place the players want to head for after 60 minutes is up and they've had enough and are tired.

Shit shower. 11 of these are found on the pitch at kick off.
greb46
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by greb46 »

And the shower has ended up a trickle but unfortunately the dirt hasn't been removed
Goose9
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Goose9 »

I see it like this, the decision for Owers' position would ultimately fall to one man, Clarke Osborne. The same Clarke Osborne that has said in the past that he has zero knowledge of the game, so therefore you can assume that he has no interest in it. He has no idea on how to run a football club and so leaves the decision making down to Geoff Harrop.

I know there has been talk that Gary Owers wasn't Harrop's choice of man, but it was stated in the press that Harrop had made the decision so he is the one that assumes responsibility. If he had to sack Owers after only 6 months or so it would be a huge embarrassment for him and what would be the point? He'll still get paid every month and just report back to Osborne that everything is running smoothly? Right?

Also, I'd like to think that Osborne isn't intentionally running this club in to the ground for his own gain but he's not really doing much to counter that argument. The bloke is not a football club owner, he is a property developer. Make no mistake.
merse btpir
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: robin stubbs

Post by merse btpir »

Goose9 wrote: 11 Mar 2018, 21:50I'd like to think that Osborne isn't intentionally running this club in to the ground for his own gain but he's not really doing much to counter that argument. The bloke is not a football club owner, he is a property developer. Make no mistake.
I concur with that ~ a multi busines owning proprietor employing what he considers an expert to run this particular field of his empire. :rules: