Slough v Torquay United 18/08/18

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

arcadia wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 18:34 Philgull our players need to be focused every game and with some of the crap on here I hope they have the sense not to read it. We have only played three games and everyone is talking doom and gloom. This is a new side we've got to get behind it and hope it improves. For the sake of the club.
As everyone has said we need to get up front right and maybe three up front might sort it out.
Your posts aren't that bad. Not nearly as bad as the shite our Manager has been serving up all season anyway ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Minneapolisgull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Jo Kuffour

Post by Minneapolisgull »

Porky wrote: 17 Aug 2018, 20:03 I think they will turn a corner, they need to, or owers is toast. I'm going for a 2 0 win. We are hard to break down, hopefully essuman and niate at the back.
Scorers williams and one of the centre backs, going up for a corner/free kick. COYY
I just posted a very sad and depressing post on other link.... So unlike me to be so depressed about it, Bloody Torquay... But after reading Porky post I am going for the more positive stance.... I agree 2-0 win tomorrow onwards and upwards as We march onto the league title... The Phoenix(or should I day the Gull) starts rising tomorrow in Slough...…..
basingstoke gull
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Dave Caldwell

Post by basingstoke gull »

Will be there today with CPGull cheering the boys on. On reflection despite an inept first half at Oxford I thought we were unlucky not to get a point in the second half where the change in formation worked better. Big game today in our season. I just hope the players share the same passion as the fans as that was my observation and slight concern at Oxford mid week. If so we can bounce back today and get firmly on track for a strong season.
jimhart33
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by jimhart33 »

I hope i am wrong but i fear a 2 0 defeat is likely unless the players show much more pace and movement for 95 minutes.
Hammdog2601
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by Hammdog2601 »

Heart is telling me that we may win, but my head is saying we got no chance. Either way all I ask is for some passion and effort put in today!
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

I think we will somehow win fairly comprehensively in terms of the score and it may create a premature and false sense of hope. Sadly.

The team need to get focused on the outcome of becoming champions and cultivate the necessary attitudes and behaviours of doing so and the performances will come. Regrettably I think all of the latter may be missing at present
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

You're right about everything but today's scoreline. Our serial failure of a club against an up and coming team full of positivity and a manager they're all playing for, I see only a defeat.

Please let me be wrong!!
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper

Post by OllieGull »

I honestly think it comes down to formation, if Gary sticks with 3 at the back it'll be a shambles and we might nick a result but honestly no idea. I'm confident if we start with a back 4 it'll be a dominant performance from us that will more than likely lead to a good result.
Bristol_Gull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Rodney Jack
Watches from: Pop side

Post by Bristol_Gull »

Southampton Gull wrote: 18 Aug 2018, 13:52 You're right about everything but today's scoreline. Our serial failure of a club against an up and coming team full of positivity and a manager they're all playing for, I see only a defeat.

Please let me be wrong!!
Yes you are right. I've just had a look at the table properly for the first time and there are only 2 teams who have scored less than us.

Mid tabled Chelmsford and St Albans have already scored 8-9 goals each!! (3X TUFC!)

Whoever said this is the season we should be scoring over 100 was right! There are teams in the NL North who have already hit 10...and they are also mid table!

Lets stop playing 5 at the back (It's not 3 when the 2 'wingers' are full backs) and jam the front line! Get Williams, Wright and Keating in the same team.

Time to play gung ho!!

The clock is already ticking.
OllieGull
Skipper
Skipper

Post by OllieGull »

Great, looks like we're sticking with a back 3...

[highlight=yellow]Starting XI: Bass; Wynter, Niate, Essuman, Cameron, Davis; Dickson, Hall, Nabi; Williams, Reid
Subs: Macdonald, Regis, Banton, Wright, Bawling[/highlight]

Also think it's very unfair Macdonald has been dropped, clean sheet in every game bar Oxford (which was very unfortunate) and been solid for us. Not optimistic at all for this game now.
Last edited by OllieGull on 18 Aug 2018, 14:35, edited 1 time in total.
smw89
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Alex Russell

Post by smw89 »

Line up Gents?
Bert
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: nico

Post by Bert »

Reid!!!!
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

GO obviously sees something in Jamie Reid that the rest of us can't - for heaven's sake Keating isn't even on the bench (our top scorer!!).
torq2u
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Ken Sandercock
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by torq2u »

So where’s Keating. Injured.? Or Walked out in disgust?
TUST member 200 ;-)
budegull1954
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by budegull1954 »

I get the feeling that GO is trying to give everyone 'a go', unrelated to form of course! Really do hope he finds the right blend today.