ANTHEM

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

forevertufc wrote::lol: indeed,what happens if we end playing Port Vale in the play-off's,huh,forever takes a :bow: :)
If we make the play offs it is going to be at the cost of Port Vale so make sure you don't bash your head on the wall as you bow :na:
Spencer Courtis
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by Spencer Courtis »

'Stand up, stand up, for the champions, for the champions'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdhQDc05Ud8

I think it rolls into 'Yellow Submarine'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e_cwWP5Qf1k

:scarf:
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by Gulliball »

Heard this again last night, really great song and with just one word changed would be ideal for us.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nX6HIALB ... ture=feedf

We'll be coming...
We'll be coming...
We'll be coming down the road...
When you hear the noise of the Yellow Army Boys,

Don't know how well known it is in England (I'd never heard it before I moved here), but it's one of Scotland's biggest songs along with Flower of Scotland. I went to the Premier League Darts a few months ago and 4000 people belting out this really makes your hairs stand on end.

It's simple, easy to sing along to, and as I said, sounds great when lots of people join in. I'm sure if you look round youtube, there's hundreds of videos of it being sung.

In the youtube clip, you can see how it links in with another yellow army classic too. Never heard it sung mixed in with that before, but another option to consider.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Twitter: @torquayfanstats
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

Gulliball wrote:Heard this again last night, really great song and with just one word changed would be ideal for us.

We'll be coming...
We'll be coming...

Don't know how well known it is in England (I'd never heard it before I moved here), but it's one of Scotland's biggest songs along with Flower of Scotland. I went to the Premier League Darts a few months ago and 4000 people belting out this really makes your hairs stand on end.

It's simple, easy to sing along to, and as I said, sounds great when lots of people join in. I'm sure if you look round youtube, there's hundreds of videos of it being sung.

In the youtube clip, you can see how it links in with another yellow army classic too. Never heard it sung mixed in with that before, but another option to consider.

I think Liverpool has sung it before " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But I like it Gulliball!

As you said it would sound great it people joined in.

And it links in well with the "Everywhere we go" chant. We could maybe sing the "Everywhere we go" chant then go into the "We'll be coming" chant.

:-D

Edit: Here's another clip http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsBvgNq8dgE
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Colorado Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Colorado Gull »

The thing is with my suggestion, we usually sing "Yellow Army" after "Everywhere we go!" Maybe we could change the words to the end of the "Everywhere we go" chant. Maybe use what the Tartan army sing?

Something like:

(After were the yellow army)
Were little and were barmy (Were little and were barmy) - (I quite like that line!)
Wooaahh (Wooaahh)
Here we go (Here we go)
Wooaahh (Wooaahh)
Here we go (Here we go)
Oooooooooohhh
We'll be coming.....etc
Formerly dannyrvtufc4life.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by Awayday »

I was watching Full Metal Jacket (again) the other night and I like the idea of doing a military thing....

"I don't know what I've been told" (I don't know what I've been told)
"But eskimo pussy is mighty cold" (But eskimo pussy is mighty cold)

etc etc, obviously we will make it Torquay related...
Scottish Gull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Manse

Post by Scottish Gull »

Gulliball wrote:Heard this again last night, really great song and with just one word changed would be ideal for us.

We'll be coming...
We'll be coming...

This would be perfect for us!!
I must admit though that we very rarely sing the everywhere we go bit!!
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
DJAF
Kernowgull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Kernowgull »

dannyrvtufc4life wrote:The thing is with my suggestion, we usually sing "Yellow Army" after "Everywhere we go!" Maybe we could change the words to the end of the "Everywhere we go" chant. Maybe use what the Tartan army sing?

Something like:

(After were the yellow army)
Were little and were barmy (Were little and were barmy) - (I quite like that line!)
Wooaahh (Wooaahh)
Here we go (Here we go)
Wooaahh (Wooaahh)
Here we go (Here we go)
Oooooooooohhh
We'll be coming.....etc
That could be awesome if it takes off, and its not just stealing another teams song!

Nice work, hope to hear it going when I get to my first Plainmoor game this season (not sure when that will be yet)!
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by NewtonGull »

We'll be coming...
We'll be coming...

love it. But i dont think word will spread just through a forum. I think (as tin pot as this sounds) to get everyone singing the anthem (as everyone should, not just 'the singers') we should hand out lyrics to every fan who comes through the gates or mybe have it on the OS. Good idea?
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

No idea how it will take off - but the first time I heard it, it was inspiring. Very easy to pick up too, with simple but effective words.
www.torquayfanstats.com
Gulliball
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Gulliball »

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

A slightly less musical version. Can't find any version on youtube that does justice to it in the flesh.
www.torquayfanstats.com