fans on pitch

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
gullsonmyroof2
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: branston

fans on pitch

Post by gullsonmyroof2 »

Iheard that Torquay fans invaded the pitch and caused problems.Fans trying to pull the nets down,and goading the Chesterfield supporters. surely not....Would be suprised . the yellow army are usally well behaved :clap:
yellowforever
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Our next signing

Post by yellowforever »

A lot of fans got annoyed with them, but i don't know why, they're harmless, and it was only a light hearted pitch invasion.
"We are now so far up sh*t creek our boat is actually poking out the end of someones toilet bowl."
Brucie. 27/02/14
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

I'm not one to big things up, but when we ran on at the end, a number of Torquay fans, myself included went across to the Chesterfield fans singing a few songs. There was no 'trying to pull the nets down', i think you're just someone trying to big things up. I confess i ran into the goal, like an aeroplane and feel a bit of a **** atm, but it was only light hearted and a bit of a laugh. But I must say the stewards were ridiculous, over the top and heavy-handed.
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

I don't understand the point in a pitch invasion to be honest.
What does it actually achieve?

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Slightly annoyed by the pitch invasion as it meant we couldn't give the players the applause they deserved for what has been a very good season for us, especially to Stanley who has played a huge role in his few months here to get us to where we are now. Hopefully he will be back in a TUFC shirt next season.

That being said, pitch invasions on the last home game appear to be the norm these days, regardless of where the club ends up in the table.
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

The pitch invasion was a bit sad really, they should be reserved for surviving relegation on the last day of the season or promotion. All the annoying group of kids behind me could talk about was whether or not they were going on the pitch.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

This is it Ems, pitch invasions are spontaneous reactions to a momentous event, not a pre-arranged occurrence. I'm not going to go overboard and bang on about it being a criminal offence, because that is wholly unnecessary. Those who ran onto the pitch have, as Walshy has said, paid the price by making total tits of themselves. If you're going to invade the pitch, at least do something. Most of our lot got on the grass then pissed their pants because they couldn't see mummy and daddy, not a clue what to do with themselves.
Hopefully (although I'm sure I'm wrong) there won't be a repeat incidence next year as lessons will have been learned.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Perhaps if mummy or daddy had been monitoring their sproglets they wouldn't have been p*ssing me off. :@
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

walshy wrote:I'm not one to big things up, but when we ran on at the end, a number of Torquay fans, myself included went across to the Chesterfield fans singing a few songs. There was no 'trying to pull the nets down', i think you're just someone trying to big things up. I confess i ran into the goal, like an aeroplane and feel a bit of a t**t atm, but it was only light hearted and a bit of a laugh. But I must say the stewards were ridiculous, over the top and heavy-handed.
Before all the Torquay fans ran away scared? Ah, so it was you who was dragged away by the stewards then? Hardly over the top, you weren't going to follow them if they asked politely. And nobody should have been on the pitch anyway.

I'm all for it if it's win to go up, stay up, but just randomly like that.

Absolutely pathetic.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by holsten »

NickGull wrote: Before all the Torquay fans ran away scared? Ah, so it was you who was dragged away by the stewards then? Hardly over the top, you weren't going to follow them if they asked politely. And nobody should have been on the pitch anyway.

I'm all for it if it's win to go up, stay up, but just randomly like that.

Absolutely pathetic.
I'm sorry, but are you missing the point that there were in excess of 300 fans on the pitch? You can't say it wasn't ott, because the situation was ridiculous. It was all in good nature, singing a few songs etc. Some stewards get a bit excited when a load of kids are on the pitch. It always happens and why is it such a bad thing? Get over it.
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Am with Nick on this one. It was pointless. Fair enough getting into the play offs or something but a 0-0 draw? If there done every season they just get a tad boring.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Because it's against the law, was done despite the club you profess to love asking people not to do it and was quite embarrassing.
Also just because something 'always happens' it doesn't necessarily make it a good thing.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

I agree with Nick as well. Why bother going on the pitch when the club expressly asked people not to before the game. The club would be open for a fine and for what? For some yobs to run about expressing their inner selves- who are obviously moronic.
:( Tommy :)
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Scott Brehaut »

The pitch invasion achieved nothing - all that it meant was that fans who didnt invade the pitch, and wanted to give the players a proper send off, couldn't. This is due, in part, to the selfishness of a few mindless lawbreakers who wanted to run onto the pitch, prance around for a few minutes and then run off again. They then moan about the "heavy handed" stewards.
Stewards I might add who are trying to ensure that the club doesn't get fined by allowing fans onto the pitch.

Pitch invasions - utterly pointless, and against the law.

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

To put a little balance on the subject, the stewards made no attempt to stop anybody getting on the pitch. A little announcement over the tannoy 5 minutes before the end could have made the situation quite clear. I saw Walshy run on the pitch, I saw what he did as he ran into the goal, innocent but silly nonetheless, and I saw the steward when he got hold of Walshy. He was a little too rough and unprofessional but I would say that if you don't go on the pitch in the first place then the steward doesn't have to act.

I was stood with Paul before the game started, quite peacefully minding my own business and was approached by a steward who asked me to calm down. When I asked him what he meant as I was just stood there talking to Paul and tufc91 he told me someone from the control room had asked him to have a word with me. I've no idea other than mistaken identity as to why I was pointed out but there was an air of them expecting trouble of some kind, that failed to materialise as the atmosphere and mood inside the ground was very friendly as you'd expect.

No, people shouldn't have gone onto the pitch, but the stewards should know the difference between someone acting in a non-aggressive manner to someone looking for trouble.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com