Ticket arrangements for Shrewsbury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
CP Gull

Ticket arrangements for Shrewsbury

Post by CP Gull »

A bit surprised that this one isn't going to be all ticket? Surely there is a real possibility thyat the Shrews will sell out the away end and then load of their ticketless fans will end up in the home areas?

I could understand that decision if it was Accy we were playing as I doubt they would fill the away end but surely there will be more demand than supply for Shrewsbury!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Here it is then hot off the official site :

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 36,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by MuzDog »

Also, what's the arrangements for the away leg at Shrewsbury? Can't make the 1st leg (working in Salford - so will try and find pub with it on, if it's on Sky), but desperate to go to the 2nd leg.

Also will those who are part of the membership scheme get ticket priority along with season ticket holders? I thought this was one of the advantages of the scheme, and one of the reasons I joined. I live in the North and can't get to many home games but attend the majoroty of away games in the Midlands and North. However, for the 1st leg at last it appears that those who are part of the membership scheme do not get any ticket priority.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by andygull »

As a northern based gull and one who doesn't attend many home games, will the away leg on friday 20th be all ticket for away fans does anyone think and will it be an evening kick off? Appreciate any feedback cheers.
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

Doubt it Andy, their ground holds loads (10k) and what with it being a Friday, I doubt we'd sell the 1500 or so tickets they'd offer. Definitely a 1945 kick off.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Ooh I don't know Matt. If we have a lead from Saturday we'll take 1200 or so. It isn't too far away, and the chance to reach the Final should surely sway peoples minds. We did take 900 to Histon, and that was miles away!!
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

ferrarilover wrote:Doubt it Andy, their ground holds loads (10k) and what with it being a Friday, I doubt we'd sell the 1500 or so tickets they'd offer. Definitely a 1945 kick off.

Matt.
Cheers matt
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

As it happens Nick, you might be right, 1500 isn't quite as many as I had thought initially. Perhaps they will then, I guess it will be largely dependant upon the first leg score.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Ah ha, both 2nd leg games live on sky, the most intesting game to be on Sky 1, the other being on the red button or online.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Nice one, 2 games on 42' HD in my front room.
TUST #324
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jake Robinson ;)

Post by MattSTFC »

Our away end, the North Stand, holds just shy of 1900. Fair play to you if you sell that out as only a couple of teams have managed that since we moved grounds.
andygull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by andygull »

MattSTFC wrote:Our away end, the North Stand, holds just shy of 1900. Fair play to you if you sell that out as only a couple of teams have managed that since we moved grounds.
Cheers matt for the info. I think with the match being on sky and it being a friday night we will be well short of the 1000 mark being banded about so there will be plenty of seats to go round and no need for tickets.
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MuzDog »

When we played Birmingham in the FA Cup back in 2006 (I think), we sold out our 2,000 allocation and had to watch the game with the B'rum supporters as I couldn't get a ticket! That was a Tuesday night, so I believe a 1,900 sell-out at Shrewsbury on a Friday is not beyond the realms of possibility, as to all intents and purposes this is a bigger game. What do others think? Am I being a bit over ambitious in my thinking! 8/
robc
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane

Post by robc »

Numpte: Does that mean they are only showing one of the first legs? Any idea whether it's us or the other game if that's the case? Don't think I'll be able to get to Plainmoor (will go to the away leg) so it'd be a nightmare if it's not going to be on TV...
MuzDog
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by MuzDog »

According to the NOTW, the first leg is live on Sky Sports 1.
Last edited by MuzDog on 08 May 2011, 12:45, edited 1 time in total.
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jake Robinson ;)

Post by MattSTFC »

Both first leg games are live on Sky Sports.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12942,00.html