Torquay United fans forum.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Torquay United fans forum.

Post by dawlishmatt »

I notice that many people are disillusioned with this forum and are thinking of not having further input to this site. I, as most people will know, have posted comments on this forum many times and have often been slaughtered for my views. We must remember that some people will have different views than you concerning TUFC and sometimes they will overstep the boundaries that are acceptable. I myself have been guilty of this many times. Please remember that your views are very important and i urge every member of this forum to post their viewpoint on the topic that is being discussed. Do not worry about the insults that may come your way, just ignore them. Trojan 67 posts every day concerning covid 19 and has very strong views on the matter. I respect his opinions but i 100% disagree with his argument. I therefore simply don't read his comments on covid 19. For this forum to work we need people to continue to post and so please don't give up to the small group that like to throw insults at you because of your views.
madmike
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: connor lemonheigh ev

Post by madmike »

I agree. If people don't like other people's opinions don't read their post.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

The great benefit of this forum is that you can have a rant and a rave at no cost other than someone posting a contrary view and mildly belittling your opinion. I like that this forum gives everyone equal chances to start a topic. I am sure this forum would have been a lot busier if we were losing every other game and the players had given up by half time. As for Trojan 67, totally disagree with his views but defend his right to express them.If I had the power, I would lock him in the Covid ward at Torbay Hospital for a week without protective equipment and see what condition he came out , if he ever did.
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

I also agree with these views. On the whole I have been able to interpret many exchanges as 'banter' and agree that differences of opinion are to be expected, even encouraged, as long as they do not stray into abuse. Unfortunately some posters have crossed this line and I hope that they recognise this. Why spoil the party when the team we all love is having the best-ever start to a season and playing football which is a joy to behold?
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

culmstockgull wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 12:44 I would lock him in the Covid ward at Torbay Hospital for a week without protective equipment and see what condition he came out , if he ever did.
My cousin works on that ward, he'd be pretty lonely.

I rarely agree with your views but that's how you come to question your own. I find too many people screaming 'Censorship', and then in the next breath wanting someone else prevented from sharing their views. There's more than enough evidence to question things but most choose not to, preferring to chastise those that do.

Now we have people moaning about a small club making a few extra quid from their season in the sun by asking for £12 to watch a game in comfort and save a boring drive to East Anglia.

If we all agreed on everything it'd be terribly boring.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

madmike wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 12:17 I agree. If people don't like other people's opinions don't read their post.
Love seeing your contributions, you must be extremely proud of your lad, he's been exceptional this season and looking a mature footballer now. My favourite player although Ben Whitfield is stealing the limelight.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
madmike
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: connor lemonheigh ev

Post by madmike »

I'm so proud the way he's playing at the moment Just hope he stays fit. The whole team have been brilliant let's pray it carrys on.Hoping to get down torquay in the new year to watch a few games
Tufcgirl
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Tufcgirl »

I have supported Torquay for over 30 years now and love this football club. I have been an observer on this site for many years and enjoyed reading the various posts. However, I have been getting more and more angry with the posts from Trojan 67 that I felt compelled to post. Yes he is entitled to his opinion which he does so with regular posts on the Plopside and that's where his opinions should stay. I asked him if he had lost a loved one from Covid and haven't received a reply so I'm guessing not. I lost a family member to Covid a few months ago so I'm sorry but I don't find his posts funny or just banter. I find him incredibly insulting when he calls people who are taking Covid seriously whingeing and humourless. Please can you stick to talking about the football on here. His continuous posts belittling people are difficult to ignore. Sorry for this rant but I hope some of you understand my very strong views. Would have liked my first posts on here to have been about how well we are doing. If we don't have too many injuries I'm feeling really good about this season.
fred
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Aaron downs

Post by fred »

madmike wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 22:38 I'm so proud the way he's playing at the moment Just hope he stays fit. The whole team have been brilliant let's pray it carrys on.Hoping to get down torquay in the new year to watch a few games
He's come out of lockdown incredibly fit. Chased a player the full length of the pitch the other night only to get booked, unjustly in my opinion!!! Jake Andrews has played really well the last couple of games too. As Southampton Gull says Ben Whitfield has been outstanding too. Hope all stay fit as the fixture list is brutal with games coming thick and fast!!
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

madmike wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 22:38 I'm so proud the way he's playing at the moment Just hope he stays fit. The whole team have been brilliant let's pray it carrys on.Hoping to get down torquay in the new year to watch a few games
Yes, he's been superb. Long may it continue. Congratulations proud dad!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
DWB
First Regular
First Regular

Post by DWB »

Modgull wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 13:17 Yes, he's been superb. Long may it continue. Congratulations proud dad!

Totally agree, like to add my congratulations to you as well. He has been an integral part of a team that is doing us, as supporters, proud. Long may it continue.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Tufcgirl wrote: 12 Dec 2020, 08:59 I have supported Torquay for over 30 years now and love this football club. I have been an observer on this site for many years and enjoyed reading the various posts. However, I have been getting more and more angry with the posts from Trojan 67 that I felt compelled to post. Yes he is entitled to his opinion which he does so with regular posts on the Plopside and that's where his opinions should stay. I asked him if he had lost a loved one from Covid and haven't received a reply so I'm guessing not. I lost a family member to Covid a few months ago so I'm sorry but I don't find his posts funny or just banter. I find him incredibly insulting when he calls people who are taking Covid seriously whingeing and humourless. Please can you stick to talking about the football on here. His continuous posts belittling people are difficult to ignore. Sorry for this rant but I hope some of you understand my very strong views. Would have liked my first posts on here to have been about how well we are doing. If we don't have too many injuries I'm feeling really good about this season.
Very sorry to hear your bad news. I went to a funeral yesterday the lady concerned didn't die due to covid, very short and severe illness, however covid restrictions cost a very colourful, larger than life character the sort of funeral she would have loved, both her family and those of us who were close to the lady found it very difficult being unable to say goodbye in the way they/we would have liked.

Covid has brought so much devastation directly and indirectly through loss of life, long term ongoing health problems for some, loss of business and jobs, maybe we could /should take it on board, and learn to be more patient and kind, in football and politics alike passions can spill over, I'd like to see this forum go back to being the all inclusive and welcoming to all it used to be, personally met up with so many on here that I've never agreed with shared a drink and a laugh on matchdays.

Anyway, Tufcgirl, and all the rest that have been recently put off posting, it would be nice see you all stick around, avoid the plopside and enjoy the football, we all love our club, and we're smashing this league right now. COYY :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc
TUST_Member_Rob

Post by TUST_Member_Rob »

Southampton Gull wrote: 11 Dec 2020, 22:28 My cousin works on that ward, he'd be pretty lonely.

I rarely agree with your views but that's how you come to question your own. I find too many people screaming 'Censorship', and then in the next breath wanting someone else prevented from sharing their views. There's more than enough evidence to question things but most choose not to, preferring to chastise those that do.

Now we have people moaning about a small club making a few extra quid from their season in the sun by asking for £12 to watch a game in comfort and save a boring drive to East Anglia.

If we all agreed on everything it'd be terribly boring.

Not true, unfortunately.
culmstockgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: stubbs
Watches from: Family Stand

Post by culmstockgull »

Edduki2222, its not your forum, there are rules and when we sign up we agree to abide by them, if you do not like them, leave , its simple, the people who run this site, who I do not know seem very liberal in their said interpretation of the rules so goodness knows what you did to fall foul of them.
dawlishmatt
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Steve cooper

Post by dawlishmatt »

I think that on a forum like this, we must all understand that however strong our opinions and arguments that we may post or reply to, many people will disagree with our comments. What works for me is that i meditate on such comments and respond if i feel the need to. An example of this was last season during our horrific injury crisis and the players Gary Johnson brought to the club as cover. It was very clear that these players were not good enough and i think we lost 7 or 8 games in a row and were gradually being sucked into a relegation battle. I remember at the time posting that the manager should be sacked and replaced with someone like Paul Tisdale. The result was that i got slaughtered by many including Southampton Gull and SuperNickyWroe. When SG pointed out to me that perhaps the clubs owner was not willing to provide funds that would have been needed to bring in quality players, this made sense to me, therefore i changed my opinion of the manager. Although it pains me to say this, SG was right as 12 months later we sit proudly at the top of the tree.