Buckle seen in Bristol

General chat about anything else goes here.
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

He is too close to what happens at Rovers for my comfort and revealed the comings and going of various players and Dave Penney days before anyone knew quite accurately. I wish he was a Shrews fan or anyone of the other clubs fans that come in or ring me to wind me up before something is likely to happen. I await with baited breath. As I said before I would indeed be absolutly staggered if this had a shred of truth but it has come from a very decent source and I have to weigh up the probability it has some truth in it. I hope he doesnt go though. Please PB stay with us. we all have faith in you and you would indeed be a true legend if you stay to finish the job as you put it. :bow: :bow: :bow:
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Glostergull wrote:I have heard from a Rovers fan that he was seen at or very near the Mem Yesterday. It may have been something to do with players and I hope this is the truth of the matter rather than what some may have surmised. I would be staggered if he agreed to a new job just before the playoffs and was commited to going if we went up. I know he likes a challenge but there are challenges and then there is Bristol Rovers. Nuff said
The Bristol lot didnt enjoy that comment :bow: :slap:
Torquay Till I Die!
gashead468
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Wyane Carisle

Post by gashead468 »

Gashead in peace.

Can I just add a few things to this debate which have obviously got some of you worrying about your managers future.

Can you blame the guy at wanting to better himself, he clearly is a young and up and coming manager so coming to a bigger club (if true) would be a natural progression for him. He would be handed a bigger budget in which to build a team that would challenge for automatic promotion. Being a bigger club, with a bigger fan base, he would be able to attract the better players and not journeyman. If, and its a massive if, you manage to get promoted you'll be the favourites to come straight back down again. Maybe what he see's is a much better prospect at sustainable League 1 / Championship football in the medium / long term!?

I know which club I'd prefer to be at!

Good luck on Sat, I think you'll need it!
gasgasgas88
New Signing
New Signing

Post by gasgasgas88 »

I am not on here to get into a slanging match, in fact i do have a soft spot for torquay. For what its worth i think paul buckle will be appointed as our new manager. I know somebody within the club who also confirms he was at the mem yesterday. He is now clear favourite at 4/7 from 10/1 with victor chandler to be our next boss and the bookies very rarely get it wrong. I think it would be a good appointment if this is the case but i do agree the timing of the whole thing leaves a lot to be desired. Good luck for the playoffs
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

I would like to share some information regarding the matter. A few rovers players have been told they do not had a futre at the club and are looking for new clubs. This information is from a friend who is border line academy/first team. he has been offered a deal but a fair few have not.
I have been told 2 guys have had a trial with us and did well, and its not the first time buckle has been up there in the last few weeks talking to club and these guys.
This going for the job stuff is nonsence, 3 days before the playoff semi final im sorry but he would not be talking about a diffrent managers job. Plus the torquay first team have been given the day off today from things ive read on twitter.

So people can we stop this he is going rubbish, we got a massive week ahead. This happend last time and aprrently he had "gone" when no he was after a loan player.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

gasgasgas88 wrote:I am not on here to get into a slanging match, in fact i do have a soft spot for torquay. For what its worth i think paul buckle will be appointed as our new manager. I know somebody within the club who also confirms he was at the mem yesterday. He is now clear favourite at 4/7 from 10/1 with victor chandler to be our next boss and the bookies very rarely get it wrong. I think it would be a good appointment if this is the case but i do agree the timing of the whole thing leaves a lot to be desired. Good luck for the playoffs
He was the bookies favourite last time and did not take the job. I can tell you 100% yes he was there. But why would he talk about bringing players in of he was to leave? And he would not being doing it when were in the play offs and could be a league above?
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Gash Head, in peace would suggest you weren't going to be condescending.
gasgasgas88
New Signing
New Signing

Post by gasgasgas88 »

tufcbrett wrote: He was the bookies favourite last time and did not take the job. I can tell you 100% yes he was there. But why would he talk about bringing players in of he was to leave? And he would not being doing it when were in the play offs and could be a league above?

As i said the timing does seem very strange. However, Some of our players were in for contract talks yesterday and today. Could be a mere coincedence that it was the same time as buckle. But from knowing what i do, i would be very confident that paul buckle will be our next manager.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

gasgasgas88 wrote:
As i said the timing does seem very strange. However, Some of our players were in for contract talks yesterday and today. Could be a mere coincedence that it was the same time as buckle. But from knowing what i do, i would be very confident that paul buckle will be our next manager.
Well going on what i have been told im very confident he will be our manager next season with maybe a player from your lot with us. We both could be wrong but i dont think buckle is that stupid. As if we did go up, he would not drop down to you, after all his hard work.
Either way i really feel this thread should be blocked or something untill after the play offs as its really not what we need right now.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I really cannot see this being true. Buckle is a professional person and conducts himself as such, he would not be looking at other jobs when he has a play-off semi final coming up. If this were in a months time I'd be more worried, but I really don't think he would be distracting himself like this 3 days before one of the biggest games in his 4 years here.

I don't think BR is really that much of a step forward, same league (possibly league below), I can't see the morale around the club being particularly high and the tactical mistakes he often makes would be jumped on far more severely.

As for Gashead, you tell us you're here in peace then proceed to play the ''little old Torquay'' card. Well done, you've already stamped d*ck across your forehead as you walked in the door!

Welcome to Gasgasgas88 though!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

From what you know?!! You know he was at the graveyard, that's it! Plus you've changed your tune from "for what its worth i think paul buckle will be appointed as our new manager" to "i would be very confident that paul buckle will be our next manager", what's the new evidence that now makes you confident?
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

wouldnt bother me if he left, but terrible timing if he really has gone

even better if we get promoted and swap leagues with them!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

Glostergull wrote:we all have faith in you
you speak for yourself mate, i bloody dont!!
still keeping the faith
gasgasgas88
New Signing
New Signing

Post by gasgasgas88 »

monkeyboy wrote:From what you know?!! You know he was at the graveyard, that's it! Plus you've changed your tune from "for what its worth i think paul buckle will be appointed as our new manager" to "i would be very confident that paul buckle will be our next manager", what's the new evidence that now makes you confident?

I have been wrong before and i could be wrong again. A two and a half hour meeting with our board would suggest otherwise though
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

gashead468 wrote:Gashead in peace.

Can I just add a few things to this debate which have obviously got some of you worrying about your managers future.

Can you blame the guy at wanting to better himself, he clearly is a young and up and coming manager so coming to a bigger club (if true) would be a natural progression for him. He would be handed a bigger budget in which to build a team that would challenge for automatic promotion. Being a bigger club, with a bigger fan base, he would be able to attract the better players and not journeyman. If, and its a massive if, you manage to get promoted you'll be the favourites to come straight back down again. Maybe what he see's is a much better prospect at sustainable League 1 / Championship football in the medium / long term!?

I know which club I'd prefer to be at!

Good luck on Sat, I think you'll need it!

Another ego inflated big balls truly believing they are a supporter of a big club I see.

Shoot your mouth of all you want but the truth of the matter is there is a very good chance that you will be soon gracing Non League with your presence rather than the Championship! (that it more likely destination for you).

I don't know how League 2 can possibly cope with yours, Argyle's and Northampton Town's ego's next year. Your ignorance is hilarious to all around you!

Love - A Torquay Fan in peace!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/