League 2 Playoffs : Torquay United vs Shrewsbury Town

Matchday topics and fixtures/results stored here.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Its a bonus to be here and I hope we go into this with no fear and have a really good go at it (unlike our last big game where we didnt turn up).

So, if we go for it win 3-1, if we turn up like Crawley, lose 2-0.
TUST #324
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Parry wrote:Apparently shrews have only sold 600 so far. Very dissapointing from them.
700ish sold at lunchtime today. Bit dissapointing but I think with it being a long way, a first leg match and on the telly most people have decided to save their hard-earned for a potential final appearance (not arrogance / counting chickens before they're hatched, just economics). If it had been the second leg at your place the allocation would have gone in no time but hey-ho, should still be a decent atmosphere and hopefully a cracking game (although I'd take a scrappy 1-0 to us any day!).
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Does anybody know whether away goals count in the playoffs this year?
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Mr_T1nker
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Brian Saah

Post by Mr_T1nker »

Away goals don't count double Richinns
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

agree about dropping tomlin, the only home game i made it to this season was stockport and i thought the movement of the fluid front three, kee, robinson and zebs was superb, we should aim to recreate the dynamic freestyle attitude to attack that day, but i bet he tries to get ahead and then sit on it!!
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

victor kasule, wasnt he the player who scored against *DIRTY leeds at gay meadow in early 90s, did back flip and knackered himself!! i was in the away end that day!!

*edited to protect the innocent. =D
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

ha, its got to be him, sounds mental!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vic_Kasule" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

i knew it, a bit about it here on shrews forum!!

http://www.blueandamber.proboards.com/i ... read=68604" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
still keeping the faith
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

bixieupnorth wrote:victor kasule, wasnt he the player who scored against leeds at gay meadow in early 90s, did back flip and knackered himself!! i was in the away end that day!!
:bow:
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Can't wait for tomorrow night, really think we're going to do well, head says 3-0, heart says 2-1 gulls.

Looking forward to the moment I get off work and dash down to TQ1, sing my heart out and enjoy the excitement of the play-offs.

COME ON YOU YELLOWS!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

you been meddling with my posts super!! you know you love em really!!
still keeping the faith
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

bixieupnorth wrote:you been meddling with my posts super!! you know you love em really!!

naff off! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

C
O
Y
Y
drummergull90
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: O'Kane

Post by drummergull90 »

Would absolutely LOVE to be at the game today. My Dad is coming down from Dorset specially though, bringing his wife along for good measure. Going to be watching it with the one other Torquay fan I know at Uni on Sky, and we will definitely be at the second leg.

COYY

I reckon 2-1 to the boys. Zebs and Kee.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

I feel quite relaxed at the moment. Will no doubt be a bit more edgy by 5.30 though. We really are in an enviable position - we're not expected to win, and if we do fall short, we have the consolation of several close(ish) games next season. I just hope we give a good account of ourselves. At our best, we're capable of tearing any team in this division a new one. I hope Bucks lets them play the way that comes naturally - on the front foot. In certain big games in the past we've beaten ourselves by being overly cautious, and complicated. Get on the front foot, move the ball quickly and with the movement of our front 3/4, chances will present themselves. If we give a chance or two at the other end, so be it. We'll certainly need to find our shooting boots if we're to overcome the Shrews again - 3 home games without a goal is not the kind of form you want to be taking into a game like this. But maybe we've just been saving them up. There's a big crowd, so there is lots to be gained - even from defeat. Lets take this opportunity to show the day-trippers that there is entertainment to be had at Plainmoor.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."