Torquay Summer Transfers Thread INs and OUTs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
AndyC
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Ellis

Post by AndyC »

There's only one different player there and that is Robinson - we had O'Kane performing that role frequently and not far off his quality. The Benyon/Kee partnership never got the chance to prove itself, but I'm not sure it ever would. Plus much of the time since then, at least until the last couple of more gung-ho (and less successful) games, we've been playing a lone striker, something I prefer, and something Benyon is simply not suited to, certainly not as much as Tomlin has seemed to be
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

CP Gull wrote: Only joking Nick, I am an EB fan ! :scarf:
Ah right! My bad. 8/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

AndyC wrote:There's only one different player there and that is Robinson - we had O'Kane performing that role frequently and not far off his quality. The Benyon/Kee partnership never got the chance to prove itself, but I'm not sure it ever would. Plus much of the time since then, at least until the last couple of more gung-ho (and less successful) games, we've been playing a lone striker, something I prefer, and something Benyon is simply not suited to, certainly not as much as Tomlin has seemed to be
I think this is the issue - it was never given a chance. I see no reason why Benyon and Kee wouldn't work as a combination - much as many suggest Benyon did, Kee just needs to develop and mature. I personally wouldn't want to see us rely of 4-3-3 permanently. As for Tomlin, he is a obviously bigger than Benyon, but he doesn't work as hard or pressure defenders in the way EB did.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I've heard a rumour we've been linked with Messi, Cristiano Ronaldo, Sergio Aguero and Arjen Robben.

Ahh crap, wrong forum... meant to be on the Hotel End!
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
exilegull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain

Post by exilegull »

Would like to see us sign a decent target man and then robinson to play alongside. I think Robinson's movement is very good and is most effective up front if he has the right partner. He also then provides flexibilty in a small squad.

Vincent Pericard was released by Carlisle - too much of a dream?

Would like to see Ritchie Jones alongside Stanley
Glostergull
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: ROBIN STUBBS

Post by Glostergull »

If PB does leave I would love us to go for Martin O'neil.
or maybe I am just dreaming.
Always Look on the bright side of life

Check out my poems topic... http://www.torquayfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=4843
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

I think it's fair to refer to that as a dream. Or a nightmare if you like to see passing football.

He wouldn't consider us (or any club in the bottom 2 divisions) in a million years.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
gulltom
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by gulltom »

Tyrone Thompson has been released by Mansfield..

Any Takers? lol
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Would now like to change my 'i'd probably take Tomlin' to SIGN HIM UP.
GreenwichGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by GreenwichGull »

Agree re Tomlin - I was likewise on the fence about whether we should look to bring him in permanently but today's performance definitely swung it! May well depend on which division we end up in, as Buckle may prefer a taller striker if we end up in League 1 and he chooses to employ a more cautious formation.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Fonda »

Tomlin has plenty of talent, and he showcased it last night, but it's fair to say he's lacked consistency in his time with us. I'm still not convinced he works hard enough - in every game. I certainly wouldn't base the decision on one game in front of the TV cameras.
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

This player could be more within our range. Although i think he used to have some association with City...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 485571.stm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

However, if he turns down a deal at moneybags crawley i doubt we can compete. Depends what kind of terms they offered him.
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

It could be sometime until our retained list is announced (it could be as early as Monday following this Friday). It could be as late as the first working day following Saturday 28th of May.

This thread then, is in danger of slipping of the Main Board into archive page history.

No worries, I'll delve back, as is my book a spade/shovel is a tool to unearth.

Dig ? ;-)
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

sadly this one all depends on mr buckle and what he decides to do. If he stays it should be sorted fairly quickly if not then it could drag out, cant think the club would release players before a new manager gets to see them and decide. personally i would try and retain every1 unless we can get poke then release one of the keepers. I would like to see halpin out on loan for a season in the conference or conference south depending on his current ability. would like him in a league where he gets the odd challenge but mainly where he is the better player good for his confidence. Possibly release macklin to but he is on a long term deal so another loan there get him some league football.
Sneapy
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by Sneapy »

see i think we should keep stevens, hes great he just barely plays its because hes a bit to light and cant really compete for the ball, but he has a great 1 touch and great footwork, and fast and nippy when he has the ball and is great at getting it up there.
but i think we should try to sign robinson aswell, whats the current situation with him (i.e. current contract with his parent club, his views on ~TUFC, etc...)