React to win over Shrewsbury

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
ITV Westcountry
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Charlie Sharples

React to win over Shrewsbury

Post by ITV Westcountry »

Hi everyone,

A little later than we would have liked but reaction to the 2-0 win over Shrewsbury is available online.

There are interviews with defender Guy Branston, striker Gavin Tomlin and manager Paul Buckle.

http://www.itv.com/westcountry-west/tor ... bury69698/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

We hope you finds this of use.

ITV Westcountry
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Skills, ITV takes some flak for it's coverage i think it's because of all the adverts half the time but the BBc's coverage of the Football League is absolutely wretched. Far worse than anything ITV ever did when it had the rights.
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Really ???????
monkeyboy
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Mark Loram

Post by monkeyboy »

Cheers ITV, good interviews, open and relaxed.
chippygull
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by chippygull »

It won't work for me???
Fate: A police dog called Bryn bit Torquay player Jim McNichol and the time while he was receiving treatment was added onto the end of the second half.
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Woohoo! Yeah!! We beat Shrewsbury!!!
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

I dont know about anyone else but watching those interviews made me feel immense pride in our Club.

We're Torquay United, we're a small club with limited resources but we've just shown that it is possible to compete with Clubs that have far superior resources to us. Not sure why Bucks seemed worried about how many of us will be travelling, I reckon we'll easily beat the numbers Shrewsbury brought here.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Dutchgull wrote:Really ???????
Definitely

the BBc with Mansih talking a load of dross, Claridge (god love him Rosenior), Murty et all reading un funny lines off an auto cue, combined with Claridge's knowledge which could be written on the back of a pack of Swan Vesta's makes that show horrible. That's before we get onto the worst thing ever done on a football show, this need to go 'interactive' with the text and email section. Mick from Hereford says why don't you talk about Hereford? Well done lads keep it up. Probably because nobody cares should be their answer. Sally from Leeds asks why aren't Leeds winning? Just shut up.

It's on at stupid o clock, runs for ages when all anybody wants to see is the goals, not some crap from claridge, the emails section which is garbage or 'Clem' trying to act mates with everyone.

show the goals, show the tables and get off my screen.

ITV with adverts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That crap.
TUFC92
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by TUFC92 »

"What are you doing next Friday?" Bet that's not the first time Bucks has said that to a female interviewer ;-)
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Ok ....ITV had a program showing all the league goals which was broadcast in the Westcountry at 12.30 am on a Monday morning !! Great timing NOT ! I cant stand Claridge or Murty either but when Westcountry had the rights they also had an even more embarrassing show on a THURSDAY night !!

At least the Beeb shows it soon after the event not days later !

The present Westcountry T.V now stretches from Swindon (!) to Bristol and finally Devon AFTER they show a bunch of egg chasers from Gloucester !

As much as I cant stand Claridge & Murty the BBC are doing a better job than ITV ever did. While we are on the subject and it has its critics but Radio Devon offers full commentary on Torquays matches and no local commercial radio station can or would do that so another plus point to the Beeb there......and no i don't work for them !!

Good interviews on this occasion though !

:-D
stevegull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Tony Bedeau

Post by stevegull »

My personal favourite from Branno:

"I've played in teams where players have been like, i'm not passing to you, you're a div."
Maybe one day, Carayol will find London...
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

stevegull wrote:My personal favourite from Branno:

"I've played in teams where players have been like, i'm not passing to you, you're a div."
I love Guy Branston. That man has to be signed up for next season at least.
bobby93
First Regular
First Regular

Post by bobby93 »

really enjoyed the branston interview in particular. he seems a very honest and commited character. he more than deserves another year at least. i also likw to think that hell make a great coach or manager in a few years.
FINAL ISSUE (#13) & back issues of TUFC fanzine Highway to Hele available now from http://www.highwaytohele.bigcartel.com

Twitter: @highwaytohele
Facebook: facebook.com/highwaytohele
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

TUFC92 wrote:"What are you doing next Friday?" Bet that's not the first time Bucks has said that to a female interviewer ;-)

harsh. :no:

but fair. :rofl:
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

royalgull wrote: Definitely

the BBc with Mansih talking a load of dross, Claridge (god love him Rosenior), Murty et all reading un funny lines off an auto cue, combined with Claridge's knowledge which could be written on the back of a pack of Swan Vesta's makes that show horrible. That's before we get onto the worst thing ever done on a football show, this need to go 'interactive' with the text and email section. Mick from Hereford says why don't you talk about Hereford? Well done lads keep it up. Probably because nobody cares should be their answer. Sally from Leeds asks why aren't Leeds winning? Just shut up.

It's on at stupid o clock, runs for ages when all anybody wants to see is the goals, not some crap from claridge, the emails section which is garbage or 'Clem' trying to act mates with everyone.

show the goals, show the tables and get off my screen.

ITV with adverts >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> That crap.
Yes yes yes yes yes yes yes. This post is precisely, absolutely, undoubtedly 100% correct and should be preserved, in the manner of the Bayeux Tapestry, for the remainder of time. Furthermore, I decree that it's contents should be tattooed some where prominent about the person of Steve Claridge, just to remind him in a timely fashion what a total and utter ***** he is.

Let is be so,

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"