How many Gulls are flying to Shropshire?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

If the allocation isn't sold will they do as we did and have the rest as pay on the gate do you think?
tufc si
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Kevin Hill

Post by tufc si »

HRG wrote:If the allocation isn't sold will they do as we did and have the rest as pay on the gate do you think?
Fairly certain this is the way it'll work! If we don't sell out our total allocation it'd be a waste for them not to sell em on the gates surely??...
NewtonGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by NewtonGull »

I got my ticket today, anyone who is going to wait till the end of the week I think youll be fine. Saw two huge piles of tickets on the desk.
HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

Not sure where to put this but for those of us who can't make it Friday night it appears that Accrington v Stevenage has got the main Sky coverage and we're reduced to the red button.
Not the wisest decision, in my opinion ours was the better game. Not that I'm biased or nuffink.
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

HRG wrote:If the allocation isn't sold will they do as we did and have the rest as pay on the gate do you think?
In our last home match, Oxford had to take tickets off general sale once we had sold out to avoid Salop fans buying tickets in the away end. So I presume the same will happen this time, or at the very least there will be no buying tickets for the away end on the day from the ticket office the Meadow. Hope that helps.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Anyone know how many tickets weve sold so far? Looking forward to it now!
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Can't seem to find a figure anywhere, anyone know if you're anywhere near selling 1,000+? Would be a cracking atmosphere inside the ground if you could.
holsten
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by holsten »

Victor Kasule wrote:Can't seem to find a figure anywhere, anyone know if you're anywhere near selling 1,000+? Would be a cracking atmosphere inside the ground if you could.
I don't think we'll quite bring 1000, but who knows! We took 650 to Rotherham.
I went to the New Meadow in 2009 and 250 Torquay fans managed to make a load of noise, so with double that figure and more at stake, it's bound to be a good atmosphere.

*Plus it's probably better we havn't been given the entire 2000 seats in the stand, with a section of 1200 they'll be more packed together and should help the atmosphere.
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

walshy wrote: I went to the New Meadow in 2009 and 250 Torquay fans managed to make a load of noise, so with double that figure and more at stake, it's bound to be a good atmosphere.
It's strange that stand, 50 Accie fans can make a hell of a racket in it - yet the stand to the right of it where most of us Salop 'singers' go seems to dissapate the noise somewhat. So I'm sure you lot will be able to generate a good atmosphere, we just have to sing louder to combat the acoustics!!
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Victor Kasule wrote: It's strange that stand, 50 Accie fans can make a hell of a racket in it - yet the stand to the right of it where most of us Salop 'singers' go seems to dissapate the noise somewhat. So I'm sure you lot will be able to generate a good atmosphere, we just have to sing louder to combat the acoustics!!
Sounds like plainmoor that. Give the away fans the best acoustics for noise and the home fans are loud but cant be heard.
And i thought only torquay could manage that :lol:
At least we are not then only ones :red:
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Yeah it's strange, I'm told you can see the hands going from the other side of the stadium but can't really hear the singing. Perhaps we should both start petitions to our relevant clubs to move the away fans.
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

We already have, its a issue we have had for a while. We all noticed it more when we had the home fans in the away end during the conference playoff semi against histon.

If im honest with you ive been to the Medow this season and last, and i couldnt really hear you, but my mate who is a shews fan said they were really loud. Makes no sense to me.
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

Nor me. :(

Still, hopefully it'll still be a good atmosphere come Friday. :clap:
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by tufcbrett »

Yeah will be one to enjoy, hopefully the result goes they way i like it too.

Will be a good game, shame sky sports descide to put the other rubbish game over ours. Why?
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

tufcbrett wrote:Yeah will be one to enjoy, hopefully the result goes they way i like it too.

Will be a good game, shame sky sports descide to put the other rubbish game over ours. Why?
At a guess they think people see it as a more romantic tie, the two most unfancied teams. Better for the neutral blah blah blah. Or it could be that maybe Accie will get more money that way and someone feels sorry for them. The more pertinent question would be why do all the other ties get their own exclusive air time, yet in League Two we have to share?