Friday Night Seating Arrangements @ Shrews

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Friday Night Seating Arrangements @ Shrews

Post by Awayday »

The OS says you must sit in the seat as per your ticket......

If we are going to make any noise and atmosphere (also I will have the drum) the usual suspects are much better all together at the back behind the goal as normal. Does any other fans disaprove if we just make it a "free for all"?
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Most clubs say that. No one ever takes any notice of it anyway..I'm sure everyone will go as they please anyway.
Awayday
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by Awayday »

AlexGulls wrote:Most clubs say that. No one ever takes any notice of it anyway..I'm sure everyone will go as they please anyway.
I was hoping so, but just in case.

BTW just in case I forget, Happy Birthday for tomorrow, I'll buy you a beer on Friday being I cannot make your all dayer.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Cheers mate! Scrapped the all dayer for a later start so I can have a lie in on the Saturday!

Hoping it will be a double celebration (Without getting ahead of myself or expecting anything!)
MattSTFC
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Jake Robinson ;)

Post by MattSTFC »

Awayday wrote:The OS says you must sit in the seat as per your ticket......

If we are going to make any noise and atmosphere (also I will have the drum) the usual suspects are much better all together at the back behind the goal as normal. Does any other fans disaprove if we just make it a "free for all"?
You might want to check with the club to be certain, but i'm 99% sure drums are now banned at Greenhous Meadow.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

What? Since when?
Loggerheads
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Loggerheads »

Yes that is correct drums have been banned by our chairman. He found them annoying but also felt it helped teams away followings in creating their noise!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Pathetic.

All that will do is make us even more determined to raise the roof on friday, own goal already ;-)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

Loggerheads wrote:Yes that is correct drums have been banned by our chairman. He found them annoying but also felt it helped teams away followings in creating their noise!
What a f**king joke.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

It is a joke. Pathetic.
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

He's not the only one, I don't personally know any of our fans who like them. Just a monotonous thud. Give me some proper chanting and singing any day. Anyone who has tried to get a drum going in with our fans has soon given up due to lack of interest / hostility to it.

Not saying that should give our club the right to stop you supporting your team how you want to, I think it was wrong to ban them. But if I'm being selfish and honest, I'm quite happy they did.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by AlexGulls »

Differance to most teams is our drummer is bloody good on the drum!

Ridiculous decision really. Came in last time with no problem so its a bit dissapointing that the rules changed since.
Victor Kasule
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by Victor Kasule »

AlexGulls wrote:Differance to most teams is our drummer is bloody good on the drum!

Ridiculous decision really. Came in last time with no problem so its a bit dissapointing that the rules changed since.
It was when Wycombe came down. Their drummer had quite a big drum and was hammering it and so all you could hear - above them and us singing - was the sodding drum. Think he was told to shut up at half time 'cos it didn't start up again.
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

Victor Kasule wrote: It was when Wycombe came down. Their drummer had quite a big drum and was hammering it and so all you could hear - above them and us singing - was the sodding drum. Think he was told to shut up at half time 'cos it didn't start up again.
O ban drums at a football match is like banning the football, fair enough the yellow army dong need a drum for there singing spirit but it keeps the atmosphere alive, so to say weren't alowed to bring it in is ridiculous. Just wrap it up in one of the flags lol, I'm taking one which is big, I'm sure it'll fit inside lol (8)
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
Fletch
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lorz

Post by Fletch »

AlexGulls wrote:Difference to most teams is our drummer is bloody good on the drum!
As long as its not you-know-who.....