Torquay Summer Transfers Thread INs and OUTs

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

What are you on about sneapy? stevens agreed does have a "good" first touch but thats where it stops an impact player at con level yes an impact player at L1/L2 no he has had his time here and I would like to thank him for his efforts and a couple of memerable goals but thats all give him back to luton town.
clemy1989
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Wroe

Post by clemy1989 »

im going to agree with sneapy, i want stevens to stay. also regarding robinson he is out of contract at the end of this season. Depends what shrewsburys want to do with him i guess.
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

Doesn't depend on Shrews at all. Depends on what he wants to do. Which is hopefully stay with us!

Re: Stevens, overall poor this year with a couple of decent appearances off the bench.

He would have to be one of the first names on the release list to make space for new players (granted not alot of space would be created!)
:( Tommy :)
Sunny
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: DANNY STEVENS

Post by Sunny »

Think you're being a bit unfair regarding Stevens. He's a good player but has not been given a fair crack of the whip.

At the beginning of the season he was on form then once again Buckle decided to start tinkering with on loan players. Don't get me wrong, they have done good but then again they are playing every game so should be playing well. Danny must be so frustrated ono the bench especially when the team are playing s**T and ESPECIALLY when some of these so called fans are eager to get rid of him.

I sincerely hope he does stay but then again I think a bigger and better club will come in for him with much better support from the fans!!!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Your family loyalty is commendable but I can't think of many fans who would start Stevens.

Too lightweight, not just in stature either, frightened to tackle = liability.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
RussianGull
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero

Post by RussianGull »

Although he's often that little beacon of hope which can lift the spirit, I too agree it might be time for Danny to move on.
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Id like to see Torquay give stevens another half a season and see what he does, this season seemed to be on and off with him, so maybe there was soemehting he didnt like or something. but, in saying that he makes many errors regarding coming off the bench in 65+mins.

We played cheltenham, everyone in the stand were shouting go to the flag stop trying to score one, then we drew 2-2 but maybe that might be because buckle said try get one in for us?
Idk, but many mistakes leads to learning?...another half season will do me with stevens...
Torquay Till I Die!
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Danny all depends on Jake for me. If we sign him up then I expect Danny to move on but if we don't then I reckon he will be offered another year.
A lot of decisions will also be based on what league we start in next year - doubt Danny has the quality for consistency in league Uno.
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

Come in number 19, your time is up. I'm afraid with a budget as small as ours, we can't afford to carry passengers. Stevens does have the ability to do something spectacular, but i'm afraid those moments are all too rare. Most of the time when he comes on, he ambles around on the half-way line struggling to help defensively and failing to get forward. His own career is stalling by playing the odd 10 minutes here and there. I do also wonder what the manager saw that inspired him to award Lloyd Macklin a 3-year deal? That's a complete mystery...

As an aside, the OS has Danny listed as 5'10". That'll be 5 feet, 10 sheets of paper presumably? I'll not believe anything written on there until that's corrected.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I think Macklin has potential. He did well for Swindon before his injury. All he needs is his confidence back and I'm sure he'll turn out to be a good player. Just my opinion mind.
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

Sunny wrote:Think you're being a bit unfair regarding Stevens. He's a good player but has not been given a fair crack of the whip.

At the beginning of the season he was on form then once again Buckle decided to start tinkering with on loan players. Don't get me wrong, they have done good but then again they are playing every game so should be playing well. Danny must be so frustrated ono the bench especially when the team are playing s**T and ESPECIALLY when some of these so called fans are eager to get rid of him.

I sincerely hope he does stay but then again I think a bigger and better club will come in for him with much better support from the fans!!!

Mmm think you are being a bit off hand with the comment of "so called fans" being critcal of a player that has been with us for 3/4 seasons and has not really made a massive impact does not for one minute make anyone a "so called fan" I am giving my opinion as you are entitled to do too but never ever suggest I or others on here don't support the club or danny just it's time to move imo. I have been a fan for over 20 years and go to every game I can and always SUPPORT whichever team is put on the field for us to cheer on to victory I am very passionate about the club so take your comment very personally. rant over.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Stevens is an impact player. I think hes a good person to bring off the bench to run at tired legs but when he starts he gets figured out quickly and drifts out of the game.

I'd let him go. I'd keep Branston and Bevan though I'm not sure on Potter he's a decent back up I guess.
Boom Boom
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Paul Buckle

Post by Boom Boom »

Fonda wrote:I do also wonder what the manager saw that inspired him to award Lloyd Macklin a 3-year deal? That's a complete mystery...
That's obvious. Because "we don't want to get promoted" of course. The board's masterplan of signing up useless players.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

Stevens will be the first name on the list named RELEASED.

With our budget and minimum squad, we need players who can start and play the whole game wholeheartedly and consistently.

As for his "great first touch", are you having a f*cking laugh ?
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Fonda wrote:Come in number 19, your time is up. I'm afraid with a budget as small as ours, we can't afford to carry passengers. Stevens does have the ability to do something spectacular, but i'm afraid those moments are all too rare. Most of the time when he comes on, he ambles around on the half-way line struggling to help defensively and failing to get forward. His own career is stalling by playing the odd 10 minutes here and there. I do also wonder what the manager saw that inspired him to award Lloyd Macklin a 3-year deal? That's a complete mystery...

As an aside, the OS has Danny listed as 5'10". That'll be 5 feet, 10 sheets of paper presumably? I'll not believe anything written on there until that's corrected.
Its precisely because of our small budget that we have less accomplished players on the fringes of the squad! These guys are probably cheap and presumably happy to play reserve football and get the odd game in the first team.

They probably also recognise their own limitations without causing ill-feeling which you can get with two genuine first teams in the squad.
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint