Will we stay up?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
toastkid
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: david graham

Post by toastkid »

We'll stay up.
SociedadBass
Trialist
Trialist

Post by SociedadBass »

:scarf:
Last edited by SociedadBass on 14 Mar 2023, 18:14, edited 1 time in total.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Watches from: Pop side

Post by standupsitdown »

Scunthorpe, Yeovil and York all lost tonight.
I know there’s lots of if onlys, but another three or four points and we’d still be well in the mix.
Some of the other teams are also very poor but that seven point gap just looks too much.
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Forget Scunthorpe, we need to look forwards, I've scanned the fixtures, our next 3 are big, Dagenham and BHwood are going for playoffs, 6 away games, and we aren't great on the road, I'd rather be in York or Yeovils positions right now, I know nothing about the new signing today, but again we seem to be signing players who've hardly played, time will tell if it'll work out, mixed views from Oldham fans on him.
North Curry House
Skipper
Skipper

Post by North Curry House »

standupsitdown wrote: 14 Mar 2023, 21:52 Scunthorpe, Yeovil and York all lost tonight.
I know there’s lots of if onlys, but another three or four points and we’d still be well in the mix.
Some of the other teams are also very poor but that seven point gap just looks too much.
I have said it all season.....We will only escape relegation by US winning games, not others losing. Whilst it is beneficial that the three teams lost, it counts for nothing if we can not pick up points. It is in OUR hands.
DB57
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jimmy Dunne

Post by DB57 »

It is in our hands. It’s been in our hands all season but we have failed time and time again. Our only ‘winning run’ has, I think, been two games. Not much chance of winning 5 or 6 now in my opinion.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

We are 7 points adrift so even if we won every game we’d require other teams to drop a few points.
But more relevant is that we are more likely to stay up the lower than the number of points required for safety. We need five of six wins but it will make a big difference if at least two of the teams above us have a poor finish to the season so the required points is say 45 and not 50.
However of course this is irrelevant if we don’t pick up at least 15 – 20 points. That is in our hands but the actual number require for safety is not.
NoemiDillon
Trialist
Trialist

Post by NoemiDillon »

Of course, we all want to see our team thrive and succeed, but sometimes that can be a challenge. Our team is currently in a difficult situation, but that doesn't mean we should give up. We need to support our team and help it become the best it can be. Of course, the bookies are not very optimistic about our team, but that doesn't mean that all is lost. We can look to history and see how other teams have handled similar struggles in the past. It's important to remember that true fans don't leave their teams when things aren't going as well as we'd like.
desperado
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Robin Stubbs

Post by desperado »

The chances of staying up are incredibly slim and you can't say it's in our hands as we have to get 5 wins minimum and rely on others to lose. It's not even in our favour with York playing Dorking on Saturday as we need them both to lose !
It really is a last throw of the dice this weekend, our only glimmer of hope is to beat Gateshead and hope Dorking continue their poor form .
Remember in 2006 we were 6 points adrift with 5 games to go and did it by winning 4 of our last 5 games so it is possible but not with this team I'm afraid.
standupsitdown
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by standupsitdown »

I agree the chances of staying up are slim.
We need at least five wins and two of Gateshead, Dorking, Yeovil and York to finish the season with a poor run.
We have to beat Gateshead for starters.
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

We have to win 5 games minimum from the next 10 games before we can even think about what other teams are doing, and as standupsitdown says just above, winning at Gateshead is absolutely imperative.

I'm not expecting the other sides around us to suddenly improve and start winning games - that rarely actually happens to more than one side down there, and we need it to be us. I'm more likely to be looking at the other end of the table, fervently hoping that Wrexham have the title done and dusted before they come down to Plainmoor on the last day.
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
aggrey_25
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: aggrey

Post by aggrey_25 »

another desperate signing, not played and probably lacking fitness. we wont win on saturday
Mr Tea808
Out on Loan
Out on Loan

Post by Mr Tea808 »

Got to agree, it is a desperate signing to be blunt, nothing personal against the lad at all, but we shop in certain markets, either youth players or fringe players, he's hardly played much at all for a 26yr old,esp this season, we are yet again relying on "loanees" our midfield on Saturday could have, Dawson,Evans, and Stobbs, how can you keep throwing in players who've been at the club 5mins and expect it to work?, We've tried so many combinations of personnel/tactics and formations, we don't have an answer for RB, and central defence is scary, Omar and Marshall?, Worrying times..
DevonBee
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Tom Lapslie

Post by DevonBee »

Loanees and the Marquee Panic Monday recruits add to that the Dad's Army walking wounded...smacks of desperation since August. Add the Brothers Johnson's and Downes at the helm is it any wonder we are in this position. An Owner who could not give a flying .... and a Ceo Joker who had a personality bypass at Birth. An absolute shambles of a season, but don't worry the key questions will be asked by no doubt tomorrow as the local press return from
their little break.
The deluder
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by The deluder »

The local press seem as culpable as the management and owner. There toadying towards the “gaffe” is a disgrace.