There's No Pleasing Some People

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: Andy Provan
Watches from: The sofa

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

tufcbrett wrote:Thing that anouys me, people assume just because we was in the play offs this season that were be round the same again next season. There are no promises of that.

I feel if we dont take our chances now we may not get a better one for few seasons.

I hope we go up, play some bigger sides, get bigger gates at home due to to the big clubs away support and fans wanting to see the bigger sides.
Tbh i reckon we could survie in league 1 with a simular budget to this season. Teams like yeovil, brentford can do it so why cant we?
League 1 we would never expect to be at the top end, if we can survie a a season or two up there thats more money than we would get in league 2.

Whats the diffrence of this season going up to rotherham and your lincons, just the same as going up to sheff wednesday and united. People are picking wholes when the travel is no diffrent to this season if you really think about it.

i think you have misunderstood bixie there brett.

he only mentioned sheffield specifically because he lives there and both grounds are almost in walking distance!! =D
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025
Driving South to all games!

TUST Member 468

tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

SuperNickyWroe wrote:
i think you have misunderstood bixie there brett.

he only mentioned sheffield specifically because he lives there and both grounds are almost in walking distance!! =D
I just meant in genreal, like the travel to the away game are not really much diffrent to what the club has had to do this season. If anything bigger clubs that are that bit futher will be more attractive as away fans, rather than going to a smaller side in league 2. I just used sheffield as an example as i just thought of swapping rotherham straight for wednesday.

Everyone is aloud there own views how ever and i will respect that.

Im just dont think its right a fan doesnt want the team to do aswell as possible.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

understand what you are saying, but going to either club in sheff as opposed to rotherham/lincoln - and in all honesty i wouldnt fancy our chances!

yes, i know we got a draw at wednesday and should have won that day but they are two strong sides in that league.
Member of the Yorkshire Gulls Supporters Club - Sponsors of Lirak Hasani, 2024-2025

TUST Member 468

HRG
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by HRG »

I will support this club through thick and thin. I will celebrate if we get promoted but not despair if we are relegated for reasons gone over TO DEATH!. Wherever this club goes I will follow as best I can as will all of you. We can't make serious speculations and theories until our season is over. All I can say is that whilst we should be looking to the future with play-offs all this talk is making me fear the worst if we don't. This is totally the wrong attitude.

I can't be there tomorrow. I rely on my dad and it pains me to say it but I've had to persuade him not to go because he will be driving home from St. Ives that day and he will be exhausted. But for once start a BUCKLE chant. From what I know he keeps himself to himself because he doesn't feel popular with the fans. Get behind him PLEASE! Even if he does leave it is the least he deserves. Why not for bloody once get behind the manager. He is after all the head of the team. If we get knocked out this could be his last game for us. Show some appreciation. If I could be there I would.
SuperNickyWroe
Legend
Legend

Post by SuperNickyWroe »

HRG wrote:I will support this club through thick and thin. I will celebrate if we get promoted but not despair if we are relegated for reasons gone over TO DEATH!. Wherever this club goes I will follow as best I can as will all of you. We can't make serious speculations and theories until our season is over. All I can say is that whilst we should be looking to the future with play-offs all this talk is making me fear the worst if we don't. This is totally the wrong attitude.

I can't be there tomorrow. I rely on my dad and it pains me to say it but I've had to persuade him not to go because he will be driving home from St. Ives that day and he will be exhausted. But for once start a BUCKLE chant. From what I know he keeps himself to himself because he doesn't feel popular with the fans. Get behind him PLEASE! Even if he does leave it is the least he deserves. Why not for bloody once get behind the manager. He is after all the head of the team. If we get knocked out this could be his last game for us. Show some appreciation. If I could be there I would.

i think - well know we are all with you on that one emily! :clap:

we have to - we are ALL supporters of Torquay United. it doesnt matter where i am or who im with (ie dodgy barnsley fans!) im proud to be a fan of Torquay United - and have the tattoo to prove it! :engflag: :~D

TUST Member 468

A J
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: David Graham

Post by A J »

It was the most stupid letter I have ever read from a Gulls fan in the HE.......nearly as stupid as Graham Turner's comments since Saturday night - "I doubt Torquay can play much better" and "against Rotherham where they were in desperate need of the points to ensure a place in the play-offs and they lost 3-1. They only got in there because Gillingham lost, when it was under pressure they buckled, if you pardon the pun with the manager".

Exeter have gone up and annoyingly done well and there is no reason why we cant. We are full of confidence and we can win tomorrow! And we can win the final as well!.....Come On You Yellows! :scarf:
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

My ex work mate supports wednesday, we went camping one weekend and we played the three worded story and the amount of abuse we gave eachother, was a good laugh, so it'll be nice to go up and beat them, or lose, whatever, it'l be a pure good season no matter what happens!

If we stay down, I'd still ove it as we'd be little old torquay who cant get promoted past the last teir of football (As people tell me in the street) and i say so, thats my team...

COYY
Torquay Till I Die!
Bloggy
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Bloggy »

How about we drop a couple of leagues and play in the Blue Square South... or even South West Peninsula? Oh hang on... some of the games would be over the Tamar!