Seating & Travel Arrangements - Old Trafford.

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
cambgull
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: All Of Them

Post by cambgull »

I used to go and watch United quite a lot as a kid, well over 150 times. When we first started going, we used to sit down in the front 2 rows of the North Stand, literally inches away from Giggsy running down the wing. The atmosphere is good down there but you're very much seeing life as a manager. The same can be said for the lower seating in the Stretford End, except you might even have a goal net in the way of your view.

We then ended up in the gods in the North Stand and the atmosphere is horrible. If you want to sing and enjoy the atmosphere, don't even bother with the 2nd tier (or above)

The best choice would be the £36 tickets behind the goal, yellow ones would be too low down.
Luke.

"Successful applicants need not apply"
brumgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by brumgull »

What is the best and quickest way to get from the Megabus to the Stadium and back please :)
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

I think I disagree with matt on this one. I have been to a few United games over the past handful of seasons and point to the fact that all the proper stretford end fans sit in the upper tier whereas the prawn sandwich brigade normally sit at the botton of the stretford end. The view is better from the top and if everyone was sitting up there it would be a class atmosphere. The roof over the stretford end doesn't come down half as much as the other 3 stands' roofing so other than being up in the air a bit there is little problem with the sound or view. When I have sat in the lower tier I had a much worse view than when I sit in the corner to the right-hand side of the stretford und in the top tier so from that point of view I would say go up.
:( Tommy :)
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

Are we sure they are opening anything other than the lower tiers? 22,000 tickets would suggest we are being given half of the lower tier only and that makes sense anyway - MUFC can limit their stewarding and cleaning costs by doing that.

On this basis £23 tickets are at pitch level behind the goal
£36 tickets are above them behind the goal
£46 tickets are on the touchlineat each end and
£56 tickets are in the centre
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

brumgull wrote:What is the best and quickest way to get from the Megabus to the Stadium and back please :)
You'll have to jump on the coach im getting on by the looks of it.
I spent £60 for a f***ing coach (Two people)
Torquay Till I Die!
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Dan Lavercombe

Post by tktufc91 »

Not too sure where to sit, would like to be amongst the singers, but don't want a crap seat. Where's everyone else thinking of sitting?
Na, na na, NA NA NA NA, NA NA NA NA, TORQUAY!
brumgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by brumgull »

But i mean what is the best way to get from the manchester megabus station to the stadium
Modgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Alex Russell
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Modgull »

First stage of planning complete - Travelodge booked at Knutsford for Friday night and a relaxed drive in to Stretford. Now for the tickets!
Phil

Remember its a marathon not a sprint
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Guys, a useful link regarding the seats and the views.

http://www.manutd.com/en/Tickets-And-Ho ... -Plan.aspx" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Personally prefering the cheaper ones behind the goals, it's not as bad as I expected if you get near the back, and it seemed a bit far away in the upper tier.
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Thanks Nick, the cheap (ish) seats don't look as bad as I thought, still want to know where the hardcore singers will be before buying my ticket.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

No worries. Bit peed off at the prices, no student discount or anything.

I've highlighted the following areas as the better sections, but want to see where the singers are going..

WL103
WL104
WU203
WU204

The Executive box is a bit dearer (£40) I think.

What do we reckon?
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

WL103 or WL104 seem the place for the singers to be.

Surely students come under concessions Nick? Pretty poor if there isn't. Still think the £26 tickets look the best options in terms for atmosphere.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Don't think it does, tk. I think I read that the concessions is 'under 16's' and 'over 65's'. May have to double check that though..
tktufc91
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by tktufc91 »

Can't find anything on the OS or the Football League website, guess we'll find out when the tickets go on sale tomorrow
oxgull
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Favourite player: Class of 69

Post by oxgull »

Booked a B&B for the Friday night in Sale so it's just crossed fingers for booking the tickets and them getting to me on me hols up in Windermere now! Wish me luck!! ^.^
Oblivion!!!!