Greetings From Bristol

General chat about anything else goes here.
oasisgas
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: kuffour

Greetings From Bristol

Post by oasisgas »

Evening gulls fans and well done on getting to the play-off final, hope you guys do it :scarf:

Anyway just wanted to ask a few question about Paul Buckle and don't worry, I'm not one of our idiots who will start saying we are a massive club with massive potential because IMO at the end of the day potential is only important if you fufill it and at the end of the day you guys have one foot inside league 1 while we are going to be a league 2 side.

Anyway I don't wanna come on here and say Buckle is going to be our new manager because if he is the guy our board want I would rather wait until it has been confirmed before spouting off on here.

What are your views on him??? I don't mean if you like him or not because i'm sure 99% of your fans love him to bits but I kinda mean what are your views on....

The football he plays??
Character???
Rapport with the fans??
Tactics (formation?? does he like to use out and out wingers)
His views on the youth side of the club with regards to brining youth through.
His success in the transfer market/loan market???

And finally do you think that he is destined to manage at the very top (premier league) and do you think he would make it at the top???

Anyway good luck for the final next weekend, I will be rooting for you guys to come through.

Regards

Oasis
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

99% ? You really are being optimistic :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
oasisgas
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: kuffour

Post by oasisgas »

So he is not the most popular???
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Never fully been taken in by all the fans. I can count the number of times 'Paul Buckle's Yellow Army' has been sung since he's been here on one hand. It may be because he came from Exeter, I don't know. I've never been his biggest fan, even though he's done a wonderful job.

The football he plays (now) is excellent at times, but it will take time for him to get your lot playing this way, I'd have imagined. as it takes a specific type of player to play under PB. In the Conference, it was hoofball. Now it isn't.

Character - still lacks man management skills I think, he has fallen out with several players in his time. With the fans, always seems willing to talk to fans.

Tactics - lacking. Plays players out of position on occasions (see Billy Kee on right wing) and sometimes the tactics can be wrong. But thats why he's managing at this level. He's still learning. He has been fairly naive when it comes to changing things - don't expect to see match changing substitutions as 9/10 times the earliest sub will be the 70th minute!!

All in all, he's done pretty well in the loan market. Some haven't worked, but others have. He seems to have some contacts who he will keep using (Spurs, for example).

I think he might do well for you, if he gets given time and resources to bring his own players in!
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

It's fair to say he's never really been the most popular in his time with us. To be honest, it doesn't matter what we think of him, he's done a job, pissed some people off along the way but he's taken us to the verge of League One from nowhere and on a miniscule budget. You won't find many who will knock him publicly but privately is another matter.

As for what kind of football you'll play, who knows, he's tried most things while here. If you have a decent but aging midfielder, wait till you see him playing at centre half :)
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com