Ticket Fiasco

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
PlainmoorRoar
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by PlainmoorRoar »

Looks like, a couple of minutes before the KO all move to central positions in both lower and middle tier to create the atmosphere?

if the club cant be fuked then lets do it ourselves!
TUFC FACEBOOK PAGE - https://www.facebook.com/insideplainmoor
TUFC TWITTER PAGE - https://twitter.com/TUFC1899

Torquay United Supporters Trust member - Join the TUST now!
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

portugull wrote:I want to support our Travel Club. However I and 3 other friends would like to stay overnight in Manchester. Yesterday I spoke to Steve Breed who thought such apackage was a good idea. He promised to get back to me on Sunday.No news yet!!
I do understand he will have had a very busy day. Surely we are not the only 4 who would like to watch LIVE the CHAMPIONS LEAGUE FINAL in the evening after
hopefully seeing United promoted to League 1

:clap: :bow: :clap:
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

What has made this worse is the fact that Stevenage have managed to organise themselves so quickly which has highlighted what an embrassing the situation of selling tickets has become at our club.

When i went this morning ,fans were asking for 8 tickets for a section,they were being handed the first 8 tickets of the pile which did not run in row or number order,one chap who had anumber of adults and children didn't just have different rows but had tickets in different seats in the same row,what that all about?

I do not want to come across negative or hitting out at the club,however this just add's to the number of c#cks ups made this season,my plea in future ,no need to rush ,sit down plan,organize ,think ,ask yourself a question do we have this right,when the answer is yes,act.
Formerly known as forevertufc
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

:bow:
Southampton Gull wrote:Stevenage started selling theirs yesterday, they also managed to arrange things for their fans with little or no trouble, seemingly.
Yes, just shows what can be done with good organisation & management!

footnote;
"The balls are to be found in the Stevenage admin block" :bow:
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

I'm glad I didn't go up today to get my tickets, and after reading this, if I can't get seats with those travelling with me, then I will think long and hard about actually going.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

Mav wrote:I'm glad I didn't go up today to get my tickets, and after reading this, if I can't get seats with those travelling with me, then I will think long and hard about actually going.
Dont even think of not going Mav,you can get seats together just need to ask for them in a row,i did with my mate this morning and they did make sure we got 7 in a row.
Formerly known as forevertufc
simona
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by simona »

I'm not a habitual "club knocker" and wouldn't normally mention this, but in the circumstances anyone ordering over the phone should perhaps be aware....

I purchased two tickets over the phone for the Chesterfield game and collected them on the day of the game. All worked perfectly.

HOWEVER

By chance I noticed on my bank statement that I'd been charged for the tickets not once, not twice, but three times. To be fair, the club have said they will sort it out, but if I hadn't noticed it on my statement I'd have never known. I'm not one who normally spends a lot of time looking at my bank statements as part of my personal mission not to become too depressed by life.

So, be warned. If it can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. Might be a good idea to check your bank statement sometime in the next few weeks.

Onwards and upwards.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

According to a Stevenage fan on another forum the only block there selling separate is the singing one. Otherwise its the same as us starting in the corner.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

AlexGulls wrote:According to a Stevenage fan on another forum the only block there selling separate is the singing one. Otherwise its the same as us starting in the corner.
That's all we were asking for, to be fair.
Dave

AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Southampton Gull wrote: That's all we were asking for, to be fair.
"Heard we are also selling tickets from the corner in (apart from the singing section - which we have tickets for) some have been told to go back mid week to get middle sections. But at least ours are together in blocks."

http://www.footballforums.net/forums/sh ... read/page2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Thats the direct quote from there fan on there. I think they are probably right aswell tbh.
wellygull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by wellygull »

Right lads

had to wait in line for 30 mins with my 2 kids to get our tickets, fine got them but asked for £36 tickets.

just checked the tickets they have a face value of £26 reckon they have given me the wrong tickets, any one else had this.

total waste of time, I will be on the phone tomorrow morning.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

wellygull wrote:Right lads

had to wait in line for 30 mins with my 2 kids to get our tickets, fine got them but asked for £36 tickets.

just checked the tickets they have a face value of £26 reckon they have given me the wrong tickets, any one else had this.

total waste of time, I will be on the phone tomorrow morning.

I hope you didn't pay cash for them.
Dave

stokegull
Trialist
Trialist

Post by stokegull »

Go on Man United site and look at seating plan, the further back you go the easier it looks to move around the blocks in front of you. It might be easier to move about than people think unless there are hundreds of stewards there, or thousands of torquay fans in those blocks already. I can understand people being annoyed about not being able to choose their seat though
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

unless anything changes at plainmoor tomorrow, and i'm guessing it won't, getting in and moving accordingly seems like the only option. my first problem/concern however, is getting tickets at all. i know today was always going to be difficult to get through on the phone, but with just 5 days now for tickets to arrive by post, organisation has got to be better.

i've just seen though, on the OS, that as a massive help to all, TUFC have arranged special pick up points away from the ground, for those supporters who can't get to plainmoor to buy them. "great" i thought, that could be what i need, maybe there's an option to collect tickets at old trafford on the day. but no, the pick up points are totnes and brixham. fantastic, i guess that'll help a few people out, but when i read the words "the club is providing a fantastic service to supporters ordering tickets over the phone" i was kinda expecting a pickup point for those of us a "little" further away.

does anyone know for sure if it will be possible to pay on the door at old trafford ?? i obviously hope and expect to get through on the phone tomorrow, but it would be nice to know that i dont have to rely on that AND royal mail to get my tickets in time.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
bixieupnorth
Legend
Legend

Post by bixieupnorth »

just a thought, i know louis has set up a paypal account to accept donations, could that be used for exiles on here to pay for tickets and an admin could pick up a block so that strangers can meet on day and be given their tickets?? or too complicated to work?
still keeping the faith