message to guests on site

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
seasider
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

message to guests on site

Post by seasider »

I am suprised that there are not more members / contributors to this site. There were 25-35 guests 'viewing' what is being said this afternoon without participating. Whilst there may be some 'Trolls' I'm sure the majority are seasoned Gulls who enjoy the banter and info streams.

It is obvious that the club view this and Proboard forum and do listen to what is said and act on the info to our benefit- that is why I joined recently after being a guest for a long time.

We all have some emotional investment in TUFC and have ideas how to improve the club. The more members we have, the more debate we have, the better our ideas will be and ultimately the louder our voice. If you want to be heard take the plunge and join in.
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Have to admit, the board has been alot busier in recent weeks/months than before. Usually when I look on here there is 50 odd people on at a time, whereas it was 20 or so before!

Good work - lets keep this place buzzing! :~D
oliemarles
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Kevin Nicholson

Post by oliemarles »

Have always had an account, but never seemed to use it regularly, as have never had the time.. but now seem to be glued to this for Pre match meet up etc..
Procrastination is what built this world today! Sorry, I'm dribbling on...
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

NickGull wrote:Have to admit, the board has been alot busier in recent weeks/months than before. Usually when I look on here there is 50 odd people on at a time, whereas it was 20 or so before!

Good work - lets keep this place buzzing!:~D
Yeah, us whinging o' farts make it what it is. :Oops: :rofl:

Talking of which, where's Brucie these days ? :|
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"
Scott Brehaut
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Scott Brehaut »

Trojan 67 wrote: Yeah, us whinging o' farts make it what it is. :Oops: :rofl:

Talking of which, where's Brucie these days ? :|
Goes by the name of Trojan 67 nowadays apparently :na:

STIP
Friend of torquayfans.com
Dave_Pougher
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Mansell

Post by Dave_Pougher »

Think it's probably memebers looking without logging....if that makes sense
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

There seems to be an awful lot of people with accounts that don't contribute much too.

Get contributing, take the plunge, you know you want to!!!
happytorq
Plays for Country
Plays for Country
Favourite player: Kevin Hill
Watches from: The sofa

Post by happytorq »

gullsflyinghigh wrote:There seems to be an awful lot of people with accounts that don't contribute much too.
There are also a few people with accounts who post who don't contribute much :)
Images for Avatar Copyright Historical Football Kits and reproduced by kind permission.

Eam non defectum. Ego potest tractare quod. Est spes occidit me.
gullsflyinghigh
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Rene Howe

Post by gullsflyinghigh »

happytorq wrote: There are also a few people with accounts who post who don't contribute much :)
Like you, for example. I'm joking ^.^
tangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tangull »

Must say, this post did prompt me to re-register, id registered a couple of years back but to be honest only keep regular track on here on events relevant to me/'big' matches (ahem)/major changes (im a part time forum user not a part time fan - promise). Tried using old user details but wouldnt take it - would it have been deactivated or is my memory of username usless?!

Anyway, not sure how insightful my comments will be but nice to feel a bit more of a part of it anyway :)
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I come in and read the posts but sign in unless its relevant to me then I sign in and contribute my 2 pence worth
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

signed up about 4 years ago,lived through both site crash's,2500 lost posts later i am still hooked,and proud to be still taking complete and utter b@@@@@ks :scarf:
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

tangull wrote:Must say, this post did prompt me to re-register, id registered a couple of years back but to be honest only keep regular track on here on events relevant to me/'big' matches (ahem)/major changes (im a part time forum user not a part time fan - promise). Tried using old user details but wouldnt take it - would it have been deactivated or is my memory of username usless?!

Anyway, not sure how insightful my comments will be but nice to feel a bit more of a part of it anyway :)

Welcome back, I'm glad the OP persuaded you to join again.

We changed the forum over to a new server some time back so everyone had to re-register.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
yellowsubmarine
New Signing
New Signing

Post by yellowsubmarine »

As part of the 'lurker's amnesty', I rarely log on when I'm browsing the forum, even though I read it most days. Also, I rarely have anything worthwhile to say!

I suddenly feel like a peeping tom who's been caught looking at my female neighbour's underwear on the washing line. (Luckily, that case against me was thrown out of court due to lack of evidence...)
Dave
Legend
Legend

Post by Dave »

yellowsubmarine wrote:As part of the 'lurker's amnesty', I rarely log on when I'm browsing the forum, even though I read it most days. Also, I rarely have anything worthwhile to say!I suddenly feel like a peeping tom who's been caught looking at my female neighbour's underwear on the washing line. (Luckily, that case against me was thrown out of court due to lack of evidence...)
Nor do i,i cant spell either and my grammer is awful,dont stop me :lol:
Formerly known as forevertufc