How many will we take ?

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

basil75 wrote:How many did we take to the FA trophy final. I've seen 15,000 mentioned somewhere, but that would mean Ebbsfleet took 25,000, which doesn't sound right.
Those figures are pretty close to how I remember it.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Yellow4life
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Yellow4life »

I also saw we took 15k to trophy final, I think it was 11k at the conference final.
basil75
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by basil75 »

My only thought would be that Old Trafford is perhaps a lot more appealing than the City of Manchester Stadium. Both Luton and Wimbledon supporters have experienced premiership football in the past, so they're not experiencing anything new or special in that respect by going to a decent, but nothing special, premiership ground.
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I think the main reason was the price of it. Apparently it was something ridiculous like £36 for a ticket you could only buy online and they charged a fee of £4 and £5 or something ridiculous pricing scheme anyway.
UpminsterGull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by UpminsterGull »

Less than 10,000 - I'd say about 8,000.

Not Wembley
Match less crucial to future of club than BSP play off.
Money etc
tangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tangull »

I think everyones pretty mutual in agreement, i'd be happy with 9,000 personally. I still think that's a pretty brave prediction but unfortunately I think the distance, the cost,the BH weekend & perhaps even a sense of 'been there, done that, experienced promotion at a major stadium before' will really contribute to deterring tans from making the trip.

On the plus side it would be nice to think that because of that reason every single fan making that journey will be 100% enthusiastic in cheering, singing, dancing shouting our way into a potential promotion. Quality not quantity and all that?!
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

basil75 wrote:My only thought would be that Old Trafford is perhaps a lot more appealing than the City of Manchester Stadium. Both Luton and Wimbledon supporters have experienced premiership football in the past, so they're not experiencing anything new or special in that respect by going to a decent, but nothing special, premiership ground.
Except the city of manchester stadium wasn't a football stadium when they were up there so would be a new one to tick off the list unlike OT.
:( Tommy :)
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

I think your all being very conservative I reckon we will take 16ooo
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

doogull wrote:I think your all being very conservative I reckon we will take 16ooo
:scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Presumably you have added ours and Stevenage's totals together there? Under 8,000 for us, probably a bit over for them.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

you all seem to be assuming that people will actually be able to get tickets, but as the club appear only capable of serving one customer at a time, roughly 5mins per customer, so 12 tickets an hour, 8hrs a day, tickets on sale for 6 days, by my rather basic maths, i think we'll be taking about 600 :rofl:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

We'll sell out....At least three or four blocks.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

AlexGulls wrote:We'll sell out....At least three or four blocks.
:lol:
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

AlexGulls wrote:We'll sell out....At least three or four blocks.
Depends if they plug them phones back in!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
doogull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: E. O kane

Post by doogull »

Ah come on whenever we get to a final we are always surprised by how many actually turn up and I reckon just as some of you say " our gates this year have been gash" I would agree with people not wanting to spend their hard earned crust in this tough time we are in but I fully believe that all of the part-time supporters will see this as a day out along with their family also the guy's and girls that are going because their mates are and see it as going to manchester for the day and see a fantastic stadium too, put it this way we should have gone to old trafford earlier in the season.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Absolutely, to quote .com, 'interest has been incredibly high'

10k.
TUST #324