Pre-Match in Manchester

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
allez mons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by allez mons »

We will have no snags - only City, Liverpool, Leeds, Chelsea & anybody with a "reputation" are not allowed within the vicinity of the ground.

John
Dude
Trialist
Trialist

Post by Dude »

Was in Manchester for the game yesterday stood in the Trafford so can definetly confirm its open. Bishop Blaize is pretty close to the trafford. The trafford on a Man U matchday is excellent. Plenty of singing on always seem to makie room to meet demand. If you got youngsters tho it can be a bit claustrophobic for em. There are few places down by the quay, there is a couple of pubs by the Lowry which have outside seating areas as well as inside and somewhere to eat. To be fair there are enough boozers around for everyone to get a drink .

Seen the toll gate mentioned elsewhere and that is good but a bit of a walk away.

Parking wise there are plenty of official car parks numbered either N1 ..N4 or W1... W4. What happens on man u matchdays is you get independent security firms running their own parking facilities (quite often these are kids who look after your car for a fiver, seriously), wether there is enough business for them to be out on saturday i doubt.
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

allez mons wrote:We will have no snags - only City, Liverpool, Leeds, Chelsea & anybody with a "reputation" are not allowed within the vicinity of the ground.

John

We're doomed then, surely they've all heard the reputation of the mad plastic knifeman Mr Bastard :lol:
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

The Trafford is on the corner, where all the burger bars are - can't miss it. Looks a bit ropey, but i guess it does a decent trade so is probably ok inside. How have Stevenage managed to get themselves 'assigned' a pub so quickly? The Bishops Blaize is the 'home' pub on a matchday i think - all the vids on youtube of United fans having a sing song pre-match are in there. It's at our end of the ground too, so all seems a bit odd to me.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
SantaCruzScotty
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Kee

Post by SantaCruzScotty »

Is anyone getting off at sudehill interchange? :)
Torquay Till I Die!
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

http://www.stevenagefc.com/page/LatestN ... 81,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

See this has come up on Stevenage's website. Being told we should use the Pubs along Salford Quays and Trafford Park..
tufcbrett
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Who gets us a win!

Post by tufcbrett »

Sounds like the fans on the bus's will be getting checked for drink. So get the message out to anyone who wants to sneak any on, not to do soo.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

this has also appeared on our website :-

West Zone Nominated Licenced Premises

Chiquitos, Capita Quays off Trafford Road, (Restaurant with bar)
Frankie and Benny's, Capital Quays off Trafford Road (Restaurant with bar)
Exchange Bar and Grill, Capital Quays off Trafford Road (Restaurant with bar)
Quay House Beefeater, 11 The Quays (Restaurant with bar)
Holiday Inn Express, Waterfront Quays (Hotel)
Ramada Hotel, 17 Trafford Road (Hotel)
Copthorne Hotel, Clippers Quay (Hotel)
Lime Bar, The Lowry Designer Outlet.
Village Hotel, Third Avenue Old Trafford
Samuel Platts, Trafford Wharf Road
Premier Hotel, Waters Reach

other details including travel, parking etc can be found here :-

http://www.torquayunited.com/page/News/ ... 44,00.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tommygull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Tim Sills

Post by tommygull »

I have been informed by a mate who has a season ticket at united that the sam platts is much better then the trafford.
:( Tommy :)
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

I'd rule out the Holiday Inn immeadiatley. Had to stay in one of those for a course in Coventry I think the cheapest pint was £3.80!!

Sam Platts sounds faveourite unless were allowed in The Trafford?
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

AlexGulls wrote:I'd rule out the Holiday Inn immeadiatley. Had to stay in one of those for a course in Coventry I think the cheapest pint was £3.80!!

Sam Platts sounds faveourite unless were allowed in The Trafford?
I don't care where we drink as long as we are all in the same place, enjoying our selfs drinking and singing, ad most importantly marching to the ground in numbers, like we did at wembley, we still have 4 days to decide where we can go for pre match drinks so let it be the best and i've also heard that sam platts is better than the trafford :) COYY!!!!! :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf: :scarf:
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

just spoken to a mate of mine up there, who's a man utd regular, and he reckons the sam platts pub is a good one for us to meet up in numbers and get the party started.

he also said that kids are allowed in the platts and trafford, so that won't be an issue.

just looked on google maps, and the Samuel Platts is huge, right next to the canal. it looks about a 5minute walk from the stadium too. also been told the lowry hotel is good for food.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tufctillidie »

regiment0609 wrote:just spoken to a mate of mine up there, who's a man utd regular, and he reckons the sam platts pub is a good one for us to meet up in numbers and get the party started.

he also said that kids are allowed in the platts and trafford, so that won't be an issue.

just looked on google maps, and the Samuel Platts is huge, right next to the canal. it looks about a 5minute walk from the stadium too. also been told the lowry hotel is good for food.
That's giod if sone one finds the number then I'll ring up and ask if they mind having a 'few' Torquay fans there before the game :)
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer

Post by Regiment »

the way i understand it, we have been allocated the Samuel Platts by the local police, but if you want to give them a bell, the number is 01618 765222
Brady

I Wish I Was There
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by tufctillidie »

regiment0609 wrote:the way i understand it, we have been allocated the Samuel Platts by the local police, but if you want to give them a bell, the number is 01618 765222
If that's the case then I don't need to ring :) I might just to
Make doubly sure