Parking at Old Trafford

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Dave
Legend
Legend

Parking at Old Trafford

Post by Dave »

Feel free to move this into another thread if you wish Dave,i have done this so it does not get lost.

There is limited pay on the day parking,however to be safe and sure ring Old Trafford on 0161 868 8000,first select option 1 then option 4 ,you can reserve a parking place in there official car park.
Formerly known as forevertufc
Southampton Gull
TorquayFans Admin
TorquayFans Admin

Post by Southampton Gull »

Good info there Dave, I'll sticky this as well.
Dave

Friend of TorquayFans.com
diamondgirl
Hat Trick Hero
Hat Trick Hero
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by diamondgirl »

Thanks for the info. Iv'e booked ny space. It cost £10 plus 3% (??) so total cost was £10.30. Very easy to do and the car park is at the ground. You can park from about 10am, so good if you arrive at OT early.
"Thing's turn out best when you make the best of the way thing's turn out."
TUFCBOY1234
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by TUFCBOY1234 »

i wouldent risk parking near the ground unless you want to find your car with no radio and left on ricks :slap:
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

been a few years since my last trip up to OT, but we parked down the road at the cricket ground which was convenient, and the walk to the ground takes you right past the trafford pub.

on that occasion there were some road works nearby, and a capacity crowd, so getting out was a bugger, but i can't see it being such an issue on saturday.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

There are loads of nearby places (such as schools) that offer their car parks on Match-days (whether that will be the same for our match, i'm not sure). Can park for a about £5, within a 15 minute walk of the ground. There will be people waving you in with 'Match Day Parking' signs. Probably best to ignore the first ones though, as they start quite a way from the ground.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
sharpaes
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Adrian Foster

Post by sharpaes »

Think i must have pushed the wrong button cos instead of booking parking, I think I just bought tickets to Gary Neville's Testamonial!!!!
Last edited by sharpaes on 24 May 2011, 13:28, edited 1 time in total.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

sharpaes wrote:Think i must have pushed the wrong button cos instead of booking parking, I think I just bought tickets to Gary Neville's Testamonial!!!!
well done !! most people can't even get tickets for saturdays game at the moment !!! :lol:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
sharpaes
New Signing
New Signing
Favourite player: Adrian Foster

Post by sharpaes »

sharpaes wrote:Think i must have pushed the wrong button cos instead of booking parking, I think I just bought tickets to Gary Neville's Testamonial!!!!
Gary Neville tickets cancelled ( :lol: ) and parking booked. All very easy.
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

Just wanted to add my own advice to fellow Gulls supporters thinking of driving to Old Trafford (Stretford)

I have used parkatmyhouse.com on a few occasions to park my car for an event at old trafford. It's a great scheme as long as you ensure you pick a reputable provider with a good number of reviews and feedback. On Sunday immediately after getting my ticket I booked my space where I parked before - 4 minutes walk to the ground and the space is reserved from 1.00pm to 10.30pm in case of extra-time and penalties, oh and you avoid the big queues getting out of the car parks too! - slightly more expensive at £11.00 but well worth it.

My top tip for the day.
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
wodger of awabia
Skipper
Skipper
Favourite player: Carol Vorderman..eh?

Post by wodger of awabia »

TUFCBOY1234 wrote:i wouldent risk parking near the ground unless you want to find your car with no radio and left on ricks :slap:
Don't think that rick will be happy either. :~D :clap: :) :)
ferrarilover
Legend
Legend
Favourite player: You'll find out ;-)

Post by ferrarilover »

wodger of awabia wrote: Don't think that rick will be happy either. :~D :clap: :) :)
Dammit! Beaten to it.

See Denspad's post above about parkatmygaff.com, top notch service, used it a couple of times for big sports events and it has been a proper job.

Matt.
J5 said, "ferrarilover is 100% correct"
yellowmonkey
Vice Captain
Vice Captain
Watches from: Pop side

Post by yellowmonkey »

I have been relaibly informed from an Old Trafford regular that the cricket ground car park is the best bet and it only cost 3-4 pounds and near the police station as well.
kingsgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: sloped off

Post by kingsgull »

Hi there...ive re registered as i lost my login...was kingsteigntongull ...

this is where i am parking and they have tons of space and is secured too...its £6.00 and is very near the ground too...no need to book either....

Greatstone Hotel

845 Chester Rd
Stretford, Manchester M32 0RN
0161 865 1640
EmetEdadsBeard
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Andy Gurney

Post by EmetEdadsBeard »

TUFCBOY1234 wrote:i wouldent risk parking near the ground unless you want to find your car with no radio and left on ricks :slap:
Got a mate who's a season ticket holder at OT and he says theres loads of free street parking a short walk from the ground and he's never had a problem with Rick. :keepie:
'Never argue with an idiot, they drag you down to their level then beat you with their experience!