Ticket Fiasco

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

I just got a phonecall from the club telling me I could not pick the tickets up from the club and they only do a postal service?????

This is after my father in law picked them up yesterday afternoon from the club after I bought them yesterday morning!!!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
Plymouth Gull

Post by Plymouth Gull »

Went this morning, got there at about 8.45. Didn't open until 9, so got in there at 9 and I was second in queue. Didn't get out until 9.30 because they had overcharged us by £26 (an extra ticket we didn't want).

They really do need people who can deal with this sort of thing quickly, as they overcharged someone else in the queue aswell.

Oh well, WL103 is sold out now, WL104 and WL102 are the remaining singing sections.
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

Richinns wrote:I just got a phonecall from the club telling me I could not pick the tickets up from the club and they only do a postal service?????

This is after my father in law picked them up yesterday afternoon from the club after I bought them yesterday morning!!!!
have you now got to take them back to the club so they can post them out to you ??? :rofl:
Brady

I Wish I Was There
Richinns
Country Captain
Country Captain
Favourite player: Kevin Kalala

Post by Richinns »

Reckon I will receiving that call shortly!!!
TUST member 328
Your club needs you. Join the TUST now - http://www.torquaysupporters.co.uk/
royalgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Stevland Angus

Post by royalgull »

Sorted mine out now, providing i can get home from Germany tomorrow!

section 104.
dazgull
Out on Loan
Out on Loan
Favourite player: Jean-Pierre Simb

Post by dazgull »

Ive got to get 19 tickets and want them altogether, what are the chances of that? Nil possibly!

Oh well see what they have to say laters.....
GulldenBoy
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Branston

Post by GulldenBoy »

royalgull wrote:Sorted mine out now, providing i can get home from Germany tomorrow!

section 104.
Hi royalgull,

I work for an Airline and you shouldn't have any problems if you're flying into any southern England airports.

Warning to anyone flying to Manchester for the game, we've had strong indications that there will be disruptions throughout the country from late Thursday onwards. Not definite but keep an eye on your airline's website.
numpte
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Me

Post by numpte »

Oooh. that'll mean 20,000 spare tickets for Wembley?
TUST #324
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

numpte wrote:Oooh. that'll mean 20,000 spare tickets for Wembley?
nah, all the man utd fans are from london anyway ;-)
Brady

I Wish I Was There
JonnyC
Trialist
Trialist
Favourite player: Danny Stevens

Post by JonnyC »

Well, rang about half 10 this morning, and just had the call back. Both tickets ordered! :)

Was afriad I might not be going for a while there...
tauntongull
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Aaron Downes

Post by tauntongull »

I sympathise with all Gulls Fans who have endured the 'Constant Engaged Tone' over the last 3 days. Despite the clubs efforts at trying to sort this out, it is obvious that the club really need to learn some valuable lessons and put in place some processes to ensure this doesn't happen again. I got through at about 12.10pm on Sunday and booked my 3 tickets. I went for the £56.00 tickets simply because I wanted to try and get a great place to enjoy the day like most fans. It sounds like this may have been the wrong thing to do (especially if they were selling seats in order around the pitch).

This is about the 3rd time this season that fans and season ticket holders have been treated so poorly and the club have been spineless in defending their corner and looking after their fans. A club constantly complaining of a lack of cash and supporters does not do itself any favours by handling things in this manner. I hope in the after sales 'wash up' meeting there is strong representation from the fans. I am livid after this and the Crawley fiasco and I am certainly writing to the club to air my concerns - I am also hoping that there will be an AGM at some point to go to to make my feelings known too.

I am sure if you asked loyal fans if they would come in and help in return for a gesture from the club they would - I run my own IT business and I certainly could have helped them automate some of this process using technology. I do understand they only had a week to sell tickets but thought should have gone into how they were going to approach this well in advance, let's face it, it's like this every time there is a need for advanced ticket sales.

Let's just hope the game is worth it!

AWJ
May not be the original, but I am the best 'TauntonGull' .... See I can do signatures too, coz I am a real boy!
Dutchgull
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Eunan O'Kane
Watches from: Bristow’s Bench

Post by Dutchgull »

Surely this is something that the TUST could and should take on board after all they apparently represent us the fans !!
brucie
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by brucie »

I cannot go on saturday as I don't finish work till 10am and I am gutted. I can scarcely believe this thread - or can I.
Why oh Why do we get the same old fiasco over and over and bver again. It ain't a cheap day out either. Giod what a mess.
perhaps watching it on the tv won't be so bad after all.
tangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tangull »

Well said Denspad - i think the main thing here is that while the majority of us are on here complaining (quite rightly in my opinion), realistically for 90% of us it wont physically deterr us from going on saturday, as much as it may be suggested. What alot of people forget is that for an awful lot of people ( 'day-trippers' perhaps as they could be called to a certain extent), this is an opportunity to get involved in a local club, experience the atmosphere and for the club to begin a extend a fan base. If this is the first impression they get, and it is made so so difficult to a) get the tickets b) get tickets together/where requested and c) pay the correct price for a ticket where correct information has been given, why an earth will they feel at all motivated to not only go to OT but to also look to support the club in the future?

Its easy to take the attitude that if 'day-trippers' (dont like the phrase but cant think of an alternative!) dont bother coming because of the ticket nightmare is no real loss, but actually these are people that could potentially invest alot of time, energy & money in supporting what is a fantastic club.
Trojan 67
Top Shirt Seller
Top Shirt Seller

Post by Trojan 67 »

brucie wrote:I cannot go on saturday as I don't finish work till 10am and I am gutted. I can scarcely believe this thread - or can I.
Why oh Why do we get the same old fiasco over and over and bver again. It ain't a cheap day out either. Giod what a mess.
perhaps watching it on the tv won't be so bad after all.

It's good to see you're back brucie :clap:

Rather than being just a mere cat on the other site, post more often here and be a real cool one. :)

I know it involves changing the negative waves, oops, negative ways of a lifetime, but it's not too late .
Friend of TorquayFans.com
Member of the Month November 2020
Southampton Gull: "Well deserved"