Pre-Match in Manchester

Discuss everything TUFC with fans across the globe.
tufctillidie
On the Bench
On the Bench
Favourite player: Luke Young

Post by tufctillidie »

tufctillidie wrote: If that's the case then I don't need to ring :) I might just to
Make doubly sure
Just got through to sam platt's, i asked if the pub had been allocated to torquay and he said yes, the pub opens from 10AM, and has a marque outside which will hold 250 people, the pub itself holds 600 people and its built on 2 levels, and there is a bar in every area of the pub, including the marque, and as regiment already pointed out you are alowed children in the pub this to me sounds like the pub of our choice?
Keep Calm. Support Torquay United
tangull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by tangull »

tufctillidie wrote: Just got through to sam platt's, i asked if the pub had been allocated to torquay and he said yes, the pub opens from 10AM, and has a marque outside which will hold 250 people, the pub itself holds 600 people and its built on 2 levels, and there is a bar in every area of the pub, including the marque, and as regiment already pointed out you are alowed children in the pub this to me sounds like the pub of our choice?

More then happy with that! Can be the 'Green King' of Old Trafford for the day! Must say in all this ticket debarcle I ALMOST forgot to get excited. :)
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

So Samuel Platts it is then? Should be good looks pretty close to the ground!
Fonda
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Super Jason Fowler

Post by Fonda »

AlexGulls wrote:So Samuel Platts it is then? Should be good looks pretty close to the ground!
From the Mega Store End (East End) of the ground, you'll be able to see a Premier Inn. Samuel Platts is literally the other side of that Hotel.

As i said, if Stevenage have the Bishops Blaize, they have the pub at our end of the ground - we have one near theirs. Work that out.
"Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something."
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

Is it worth making a new thread giving information etc. About the pub so it doesn't get lost in this one? I would do it but don't know anything about the pub and the surrounding area.
allez mons
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Guy Branston

Post by allez mons »

Info here:

http://www.viewmanchester.co.uk/pubsand ... 29918.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.qype.co.uk/place/85959-Sam-Platts-Manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bit of a computer biff but these are good links to Sam Platts

John
united09
On the Bench
On the Bench

Post by united09 »

allez mons wrote:Info here:

http://www.viewmanchester.co.uk/pubsand ... 29918.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
http://www.qype.co.uk/place/85959-Sam-Platts-Manchester" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Bit of a computer biff but these are good links to Sam Platts

John
Thanks mate :-D
Plymouthgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player
Favourite player: Branston

Post by Plymouthgull »

Sam Platts it is then!!!
Mav
First Regular
First Regular
Favourite player: Steve Cooper

Post by Mav »

Is everyone on here going to Sam Platts then ?

Would be nice to get everyone int he same place to try and re create that atmosphere from Wembley last time out
Regiment
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Lee Mansell

Post by Regiment »

that would seem to be the plan, mav. see you there.
Brady

I Wish I Was There
highweekgull
Reserve Player
Reserve Player

Post by highweekgull »

Does anyone know where the coaches drop us off? Need to co-ordinate with family coming by train - pub sounds like a good idea but just want to be sure
AlexGulls
Top Scorer
Top Scorer
Favourite player: Chris McPhee

Post by AlexGulls »

Coaches are parking in the Offical Coach Park at the ground (Gulls Travel Club ones are anyway!)